• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

mnbv_fockewulfe #61 Posted 16 December 2017 - 10:38 PM

First Lieutenant

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostArrowZ_, on 16 December 2017 - 10:35 PM, said:

In Straya we say "Tuh-muh-toe" :trollface:

And good to know. I would watch more of her streams if it was english CC friendly.

I'm actually going through the trouble of learning Russian because I have nothing better to do in my study hall.:P

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

popeye_212 #62 Posted 16 December 2017 - 10:45 PM

Senior Airman

• 189 battles
  • [E-S-S] E-S-S
When I get on at around 8PM Central time and I am the only one in my clan on and only 5 on my contacts list on.....There might be problem

Mercsn #63 Posted 17 December 2017 - 11:18 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1069 battles

View PostMelBrooks, on 16 December 2017 - 08:19 AM, said:

I would disagree with this my friend. Everyone has their opinion and entitled to it. The introduction of bots with their terrible AI programming will and has ruined any rendition of the game.

I agree with you on the bots.  See my suggestions thread:  Ditch the bots.  However, bots were in 1.9.  And bots are in 2.0.  So, your post doesn't really make sense a reply to what I wrote about 0.8 being good and 1.0 being garbage.  Neither of those had bots.  So, you are disagreeing with me about 0.8 being good because 2.0 has bots?   Or, are you saying that however enjoyable I find 2.0, it's not good for you because you prefer bots from 1.9?

:facepalm:

And...with regards to flight modeling in the game.  This conversation subject really sets people off in another game (that is currently in alpha development, space focused, and crowd funded -figure out which for yourself so I don't violate the "don't mention other games rules").  And that game really allows you to see into the guts of game development.

It's not just semantics when they say "the flight model is the same, we just changed aircraft characteristics."  The flight model is the same.  The aircraft characteristics are different.  Complain about the right thing.

However, Priola may not be entirely forthcoming.  WG is known for being....secretive at best and downright blatantly dishonest, at worst.  I did not play 1.1 through 1.9, so the FM may well have changed in that period.  But the FM from back when I played, even in 1.0 had much more in terms of rewarding maneuvering than the current version.  To an extent that just changing aircraft characteristics wouldn't explain.  Again, my only comparison to 2.0 is 0.6 (iirc) to 1.0.  Flying in 1.0 felt better.  That said, the controls are much more fluid now and the camera doesn't do weird things that it did then and the code doesn't seem to get confused by mouse + keyboard inputs as it used to.

But...the offset to maneuvering being less rewarding in being able to shake an attackers aim is that there are perks that reduce and attackers aim-assist or damage when maneuvering.

The perks system is also something I don't care for.  It's nice to have progression in your crews, but tweaking things that should be skill (shooting, evading) with perks is [edited]in my book.

I'm not trying to convince anyone that they should agree with my opinion that 2.0 is fun.  I'm just saying it's more fun that the last time I played (1.0) and that if people made it through 1.0, they can make it through this.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

CamoCladWarrior #64 Posted 17 December 2017 - 01:41 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 66 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostZapperguy, on 16 December 2017 - 12:16 PM, said:

I agree that's it's much easier to hit the enemy in 2.0 than it was in 1.9, even with the lead compensation point. I don't find that to be a good thing.

You can indeed change the way the alt view works by changing the key mapping from "hold the key" to "press the key".

The map views are pathetic in 2.0

But, you forgot a few points:

WoTSarge, on 16 December 2017 - 06:01 AM, also said:

Throttle indicator? Gone. How the hell am i supposed to know what my throttle is set at if I'm playing with a M + KB? I have to guess now!?

WG decided to remove many elements from the HUD to both simplify the game for new players, and to virtually blindfold veterans by removing key elements necessary for situational awareness.

They have said they don't care if their small loyal fanbase hates the changes, they will not change them back. They have been quite consistent in that regard since I joined in CBT.

Target window? Gone.

This bothered me almost as much as their adding respawn to the game. That window was invaluable for SA. They don't really want people to know who they're killing in this version. Stats are very limited, now.

But, they give trophies (medals) and extra lives to everyone in 2.0; so, you can feel like you participated. SMH.

Full minimap? Gone, just radar now.

Another blunder they can claim is to give us the same info in half the space, except it's not anywhere near the same info.

HUD customization? Mostly gone.

So many options removed, including the alternate color option for colorblind players. Nice touch, WG. Having an altimeter set to sea level when I'm flying over varied terrain is completely useless.

Option to lock the attitude of the altitude ladder to the horizon? Gone.

They didn't even have have an attitude indicator when 2.0 was first released.

I believe that WG made all of these unnecessary changes, including making the planes feel like they're flying in Jello, to force skilled players to start from scratch.

I think they were so afraid of new players getting clubbed and driven off, that they were willing to risk sacrificing their existing players for a new crop of wallets players.

I'm waiting to see if they bring back a mode similar to the gameplay of the last 5 years, but I'm not counting on it.

:honoring:

Very sad but I agree with all of it.

Perco_lator #65 Posted 17 December 2017 - 02:15 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 11 battles

View PostMercsn, on 17 December 2017 - 06:18 AM, said:

It's not just semantics when they say "the flight model is the same, we just changed aircraft characteristics."  The flight model is the same.  The aircraft characteristics are different.  Complain about the right thing.

Not sure why you are buying into WG bull about the the flight model being the same, just because they may use some of the same math doesn't make it so. To the player the flight model is the way the planes look, feel & react from the players input, we are not concerned about the math & how that is achieved. The fact is from 1.x to 2.0 the perceived flight mechanics has changed drastically & not in a good way.

If you want a good example of just how bad the flight mechanics are just take a close look at the bots when they are evading fire & the stupidly unrealistic movements they make.

Edited by Perco_lator, 17 December 2017 - 02:21 PM.

"Come find me in the game, tough guy.  We'll see who knows stuff."

Noreaga #66 Posted 17 December 2017 - 07:12 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

just to be clear. 1.0-1.4 were not my favorite versions of this game, and i was truthfully already less committed than i had been pre-0.6.  Once dispersion/rng was brought in this game started its inevitable plunge to participation medals. What made this game great, regardless of the hundreds of ridiculous bugs, was the full player matches. I put up with CTD's, world of wait hanger where the recently added clock worked but it took 7 minutes to load the hanger, packet loss, physics changes, altitude bands, jello like air, laser AA, terrible just terrible map design, and finally crazy hatred towards me and my friends in game and on the forum (i actually stopped for a few days it got so bad). After everything that was wrong i still think that pre 1.5 was the golden era of PVP game-play here. 

I hated 1.9 as well, but at least it was stable.

anyway i didn't want people thinking that i thought the actually game was perfect (or even good). Only that a change was needed, I just don't see how making it red vs blue is going to help people stick around once they master the initial skill wall.

Nimis obnoxii curare

soshootmenow #67 Posted 17 December 2017 - 07:36 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 28 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

I posted this earlier under the same category but a different thread. Still seems to apply here.

The current issue appears to be that there was a massively overwhelming rejection of the 2.0 mode from the original (and extremely loyal) player base. Although the number of players was not sufficient overall to support the game completely from a business standpoint. The 2.0 version with its more simplistic and arcade-like play, graphics, and mechanics is far more appealing to new players who just wanted to sign on and be able to play. Overall it was an excellent idea. Just one thing....Instead of keeping the original 1.9 version/mechanics and simply ADDING the 2.0 version as an additional mode they did a wholesale substitution with the 2.0 mode despite the huge (roughly 75% - 80%+ if not more) negative review from the testing that was originally done. This completely alienated their existing loyal player base. The new version has no appeal to them at all really.

I know. I am one of them. I am an Exec in a Clan that ranked 15th/16th overall. We were on virtually every day/night of the week with many players putting in anywhere from 5 to 30 or more battles A DAY. Same thing for at least 25 other Clans that I know of. Plus all of the independent players. Now I might put in 1 or 2 battles a week....or every other week. Just to see if they added the old mode back. Almost no one in my Clan is flying anymore (mostly because it feels like chasing a mouse pointer instead of flying like in 1.9). No one in my lengthy contact list is ever on anymore. No one in the top Clans (or much of any active Clan) is playing anymore.

The idea of 2.0 was to 'fix' all the problems with the game and attract new players with a quicker and easier to learn fun arcade type game mode and give the players more choices. They removed ANY choice instead. It does appear to have attracted a fair number of new players and generated some (buzz-or-other-new-trendy-marketing-word). Great. But why did they alienate their original player base. That was stupid and that was foolish. I mean seriously a Marketing 101 fail. They have not attracted nearly so many as to replace the original player base and there was no point in ignoring our suggestions and simply trying to jam the new version down everyone's throat. It cost them virtually every original player they had for no reason at all. Why throw them away??? It makes no sense to me and I doubt it makes sense to anyone who actually HAS some sense.

In addition they have not thought this through. They lose all of their experienced players with established Clans that would welcome and teach new members. Those same vets would have been promoting the game for them and bringing the new players into a good and well established gaming community. The new version, although cute-wiz-bang initially appealing, does not lend itself to promoting to a more advanced version of the game which is what 1.9 essentially is. People can get very bored very quickly without something to advance to.

If the game was doing very well in its new form I am certain they would not be hiding the active player numbers. Most online games show how many are online.

I wrote an idea up in the Suggestions area. It is titled 'A Proposal'. A few people have added some good suggestions to it also. Give it a read. See what you all think. Comment and suggest. Turn it into a Hot Topic. Maybe the developers will give it another read through and think/do something about it.

I mean.....what would it actually HURT to implement it???

Edited by soshootmenow, 17 December 2017 - 07:40 PM.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #68 Posted 17 December 2017 - 10:20 PM

First Lieutenant

• 404 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Once you get over how enraging it is to watch people piss money over a cliff... it can be fun watching the exercising of efforts in futility

sometimes a cliff looks like a graph and unless you're golfing of timing calculations/sec... bigger is usually better,

and falling is something that folks who feel their lives are out of control see in their nightmares

below is a chart of a very scientific study at the world renowned University of Chagrin OH

remember after the last green dot it's pure speculation.

Feel free to invent your own college of higher learning and submit your own scientific chart

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

TokyoExpress #69 Posted 17 December 2017 - 10:46 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 146 battles

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 17 December 2017 - 04:20 PM, said:

Once you get over how enraging it is to watch people piss money over a cliff... it can be fun watching the exercising of efforts in futility

sometimes a cliff looks like a graph and unless you're golfing of timing calculations/sec... bigger is usually better,

and falling is something that folks who feel their lives are out of control see in their nightmares

below is a chart of a very scientific study at the world renowned University of Chagrin OH

remember after the last green dot it's pure speculation.

Feel free to invent your own college of higher learning and submit your own scientific chart

Actually, you might want to revise a little. You need another upward spike for the upcoming winter event and then the free fall.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #70 Posted 17 December 2017 - 10:57 PM

First Lieutenant

• 404 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostTokyoExpress, on 17 December 2017 - 05:46 PM, said:

Actually, you might want to revise a little. You need another upward spike for the upcoming winter event and then the free fall.

with all due respect... I said you are the here and now dot is just that... everything after that is pure speculation...

why don't you make a Express University of Tokyo chart to challenge mine... you scared...

hehe

:trollface:

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

TokyoExpress #71 Posted 18 December 2017 - 12:15 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 146 battles
No need to fight Herr Dr. Let's talk it out over a glass of pure grain alcohol and some cigars. What do you prefer...Jamaican or Cuban ?

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #72 Posted 18 December 2017 - 12:25 AM

First Lieutenant

• 404 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostTokyoExpress, on 17 December 2017 - 07:15 PM, said:

No need to fight Herr Dr. Let's talk it out over a glass of pure grain alcohol and some cigars. What do you prefer...Jamaican or Cuban ?

I've never trusted the commies and the Jamaican's can roll some sweet leaves...

S4pp3REffecT #73 Posted 18 December 2017 - 05:31 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 539 battles
  • [151RW] 151RW

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 18 December 2017 - 10:25 AM, said:

I've never trusted the commies and the Jamaican's can roll some sweet leaves...

Now now, political inclination does not influence the quality of one's tobacco...

JeanneAlter #74 Posted 20 December 2017 - 05:50 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 362 battles
  • [PANSY] PANSY

Most people who play this game dont post on the forums because the forums are filled with whine posts from people like the OP.

Also most people who play ANY online game don't post on the forums.

Tovarich123 #75 Posted 22 December 2017 - 02:19 AM

Senior Airman

• 55 battles
  • [X3M] X3M
2.0 sux, end of story.

S4pp3REffecT #76 Posted 22 December 2017 - 02:37 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 539 battles
  • [151RW] 151RW

View PostTovarich123, on 22 December 2017 - 12:19 PM, said:

2.0 sux, end of story.

Personally I enjoy it

legoboy0401 #77 Posted 22 December 2017 - 05:34 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 389 battles

View PostS4pp3REffecT, on 21 December 2017 - 06:37 PM, said:

Personally I enjoy it

Same. If only I could play it...(see my profile feed for why I can't play)

Remember, remember the 14th of... June, the day of patch 2.05.  Some say it's great end-game content, some say it's horrible, but history will always recall which it actually was.

Spoiler

skychick_got_u #78 Posted 22 December 2017 - 06:26 PM

Senior Airman

• 203 battles
Hahaha, it's a funny game now. In 1.9 and older versions, at least if felt like a battle and you needed just a bit of skill. Now, the sounds are horrible, aircraft feel sloppy and held back some way, don't know, just feels like an arcade game more than it ever did. I did four battles last night and I was the only one on my team with another human on the other side. Rest were all bots. Feels like I'm playing an old arcade game at Kmart that only has one broken speaker. Anyway, I don't play much, but this new 2.0 is just plain funny.
"Purging the skies of egotistical testosterone"

Texthor #79 Posted 22 December 2017 - 07:17 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 7 battles

Other than the OP IL......I had very few complaints before 2.0

Too bad they had to mess it up..... I do miss the good ole days  !!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users