Unable to play

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

PrincessTerrik #1 Posted 14 December 2017 - 03:05 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 300 battles
So I forget if anything happened right before this started happening a couple days ago, but while I can load up the game, and click on battle in the hanger, it will never take me into battle, just black-screening and crashing. Is this a recent bug? Problem with my computer? What could possibly be going on?

MARS_REVENANT #2 Posted 14 December 2017 - 03:09 AM

Colonel

• 1573 battles

try running the WG ceck tool, clear cache, clear logs, flush DNS

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

PrincessTerrik #3 Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:08 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 300 battles
Didn't work, and now WG Check is crashing too.

Zapperguy #4 Posted 15 December 2017 - 02:00 AM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 63 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

Try updating the driver for your graphics card. Black screen sounds graphics and/or memory related. Is your computer up to the minimum specs for the game?

Here's a link to the minimum specs: https://worldofwarplanes.com/game/system-requirements/

Edited by Zapperguy, 15 December 2017 - 02:04 AM.

Founder of the original CLOWN clan. Haven't lost a single member in over 3 years of existence.

PrincessTerrik #5 Posted 16 December 2017 - 07:22 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 300 battles

Did find an update for my one graphics card, but it still crashed when I went to try and look at my settings in-game. Here are my specs:

Processor: Intel Core i7-4510U CPU @ 2 GHz

Installed Physical Memory (RAM): 8.00 GB

Total Physical Memory: 7.89 GB

Available Physical Memory: 4.10 GB

Total Virtual Memory: 15.9 GB

Available Virtual Memory: 10.7

Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 840M

legoboy0401 #6 Posted 17 December 2017 - 10:12 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 322 battles

View PostPrincessTerrik, on 13 December 2017 - 07:05 PM, said:

So I forget if anything happened right before this started happening a couple days ago, but while I can load up the game, and click on battle in the hanger, it will never take me into battle, just black-screening and crashing. Is this a recent bug? Problem with my computer? What could possibly be going on?

Nope. It's new, it happened to me as well yesterday. I hadn't been on in a few days so it might have been earlier than that, I can't say for sure either way, however.

It's not your hardware, that's for sure. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling as a possible fix?

Random Thoughts Of The Day:

World of Warplanes? More like World of Bots-that-are-designed-to-fail-so-you-lose-as-often-as-you-win.

Heavy Fighters? More like Obsolete Flying Bricks.

Attack Aircraft? More like Bomber-wannabes.

PrincessTerrik #7 Posted 18 December 2017 - 12:04 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 300 battles
No, I haven't because that's a real last resort option for me. . .if nobody else has any ideas within the next week or so, I'll be trying it.

legoboy0401 #8 Posted 18 December 2017 - 03:37 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 322 battles

View PostPrincessTerrik, on 17 December 2017 - 04:04 PM, said:

No, I haven't because that's a real last resort option for me. . .if nobody else has any ideas within the next week or so, I'll be trying it.

As will I. I'm in the same boat with you, you know. Coincidentally, do/did  you inexplicably hear ocean waves crashing gently right before it crashes, like I do?

It truly is a shame, too, because I'm quite liking World of Warplanes 2.0 as a refreshing change of pace from the boring, toxic World of Tanks, and the fun, but less balanced and agonizingly slow World of Warships. World of Tanks is now garbage in my opinion, as it is too Pay2Win now with practically no weakspots left on any tank that can be penned without gold ammo, and World of Warships is too slow, and a lot of the maps get quite boring and frustrating after a while.(there aren't nearly enough)

Edited by legoboy0401, 18 December 2017 - 04:18 AM.

World of Warplanes? More like World of Bots-that-are-designed-to-fail-so-you-lose-as-often-as-you-win.

Zapperguy #9 Posted 18 December 2017 - 12:34 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 63 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

Here's another thing to try. Make sure the game is shut down,or it won't work.

Clearing the cache made easy

If you don't have a shortcut to clear your cache, download this file to your desktop: https://mega.nz/#!QNADnLha!dC3rXoNl_IpzPuH2gumG2BPNm_1ya_YGsqTDb0omHrI

I keep mine right next to my WoWP shortcut and clear the cache EVERY time before I start the game. You can only clear your cache if the game is NOT running. To use it you simply double-click it. It takes a split-second and depending on the speed of your PC you may see a dos window flash on the screen. That's it, then start your game. (If it makes you feel better you can double click it as many times as you want, "just to be sure")

Founder of the original CLOWN clan. Haven't lost a single member in over 3 years of existence.

PrincessTerrik #10 Posted 18 December 2017 - 02:13 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 300 battles

View Postlegoboy0401, on 17 December 2017 - 10:37 PM, said:

As will I. I'm in the same boat with you, you know. Coincidentally, do/did  you inexplicably hear ocean waves crashing gently right before it crashes, like I do?

It truly is a shame, too, because I'm quite liking World of Warplanes 2.0 as a refreshing change of pace from the boring, toxic World of Tanks, and the fun, but less balanced and agonizingly slow World of Warships. World of Tanks is now garbage in my opinion, as it is too Pay2Win now with practically no weakspots left on any tank that can be penned without gold ammo, and World of Warships is too slow, and a lot of the maps get quite boring and frustrating after a while.(there aren't nearly enough)

No, I don't remember hearing anything.

ikr, so true with WoT, and I've been having so much fun learning how to dogfight 

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #11 Posted 18 December 2017 - 03:42 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 729 battles
  • [SOL] SOL

View PostZapperguy, on 18 December 2017 - 10:34 AM, said:

Here's another thing to try. Make sure the game is shut down,or it won't work.

If you don't have a shortcut to clear your cache, download this file to your desktop

I keep mine right next to my WoWP shortcut and clear the cache EVERY time before I start the game.

Thanks - I'll give this a try when the game starts doing its kick to login-land thing & I have to keep restarting it in the hope it corrects itself.

5801234590.png

legoboy0401 #12 Posted 21 December 2017 - 05:28 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 322 battles

PrincessTerik, I am uninstalling and reinstalling it. Nothing else seems to work, and Support doesn't have a clue about it or how they should try to go about fixing it.

I suggest you do the same.

PrincessTerrik #13 Posted 22 December 2017 - 12:52 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 300 battles
Ok, thanks for the heads up

legoboy0401 #14 Posted 22 December 2017 - 01:03 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 322 battles

View PostPrincessTerrik, on 21 December 2017 - 04:52 PM, said:

Ok, thanks for the heads up

I also recommend that you try this, a little something support found and perhaps could be useful on your end: http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html 

It won't fix anything that's broken, as far as I'm aware, but it should make your gameplay experience smoother and more efficient when it's finally working.

Edited by legoboy0401, 22 December 2017 - 01:04 AM.

CruzANDBruz #15 Posted 23 December 2017 - 02:54 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2283 battles

Add me to the unable-to-play list. I haven't been able to play since the 20th. I've already tried uninstalling/installing. I had to do a "factory restore" to my lap top because Windows 10 wouldn't boot and my problems started as soon as I installed WOWP and the game client. The game center client won't even launch WOWP and WGCheck produces an "unsupported game client" error message. Another error message implies some sort of a registry/object mismatch. I first submitted a ticket on the 21st and have gotten exactly one response from them since (run WGCheck and sent the results - which I did).

I'm running a gaming laptop (HP Omen) which is more than capable of running this game and I just reset everything to factory, so I have no cache or previous update conflict issues and such. My system has a built-in game optimizer program that puts everything else on the back burner when I'm running a game and I have a 100 mbps internet connection. So, the issue is contained in whatever it is they're pushing to me when I download.

I just received a promotional code in my email for something (doesn't say what it is) from WOWP. Now that's funny. I can't even redeem it to see what it is. I hope there's no expiration date. Thanks for listening to me whine, but hey, I can't participate in battles, so I have to spend my time doing something, right? Ha ha.

TheSilentAvenger #16 Posted 01 January 2018 - 03:02 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 278 battles

yeah the game has been up and down for me aswell, sometimes it doesnt boot up, sometimes it works perfectly fine, and then when its working it crashes all the time ontop of the silly FPS swings i start the match at 60-70FPS an by the end im down to 30-35 fps, or one match ill have high fps then the next match on the same exact map ill get low fps, granted my computer isnt that amazing but i have all settings on min textures high, render high, and still get these swings.

Ive got a I7 960 3.2ghz 4 core GTX 560 ti fermi 2GB 12GB DDR3. so its very much not my computer, as its not down to russian potato standards yet

Zapperguy #17 Posted 01 January 2018 - 03:27 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 63 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

If you are using the game center to launch the game, try this:

First, make sure in the GC settings, that the game center is not set to automatically launch with Windows. Close the game center by right clicking it in the taskbar. Create a new desktop shortcut with the target being the game's exe file.

To make a shortcut: Right-click your desktop, select "New", then "Shortcut". If you let the game install where it wanted to, then copy the bold text that follows and paste it into the "location" box.

The default exe location is: C:\Games\World_of_Warplanes_NA\WorldOfWarplanes.exe  

Use your new shortcut to launch the game. You only need to use the game center to update the game when patches come out. Regularly clearing your cache will cut down on glitches as well.

If you don't have a shortcut to clear your cache, download this file to your desktop: https://mega.nz/#!QNADnLha!dC3rXoNl_IpzPuH2gumG2BPNm_1ya_YGsqTDb0omHrI

I keep mine right next to my WoWP shortcut and clear the cache EVERY time before I start the game. You can only clear your cache if the game is NOT running. To use it you simply double-click it. It takes a split-second and depending on the speed of your PC you may see a dos window flash on the screen. That's it, then start your game. (If it makes you feel better you can double click it as many times as you want, "just to be sure")

:honoring:

hoyballs97 #18 Posted 02 January 2018 - 09:54 PM

Airman Basic

• 1074 battles

I will try this myself zapperguy, for same is happening here, mine is gc will not open the game but opens the others.

doesnot even go to the login screen for wowp

Edited by hoyballs97, 02 January 2018 - 09:55 PM.

naejin #19 Posted 03 January 2018 - 01:22 AM

Airman Basic

• 359 battles
  • [27PZR] 27PZR
A long shot, but try to play WoWP when the Skies of Albion event are not active.  For some reason, my WoWP goes to sh*t when the Skies of Albion event is active where it takes a long time for my client to start battle and when battle does eventually loads, I get huge packet loss.  The game seems to work better when Skies of Albion event is offline.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users