RB-17 Miyasischev Guide Review Video Replay

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

MagusGerhardt #1 Posted 13 December 2017 - 03:13 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 526 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

So, a relative got me an early surprise this Christmas; the bomber pack from the premium shop.  I was only missing the RB-17, which honestly I wasn't personally excited for to the point that I would buy it myself.  So, I'm glad things worked out this way; I got a ton of gold from the clone Blenny and Attacker, and got something quirky to play around with that I otherwise would never have had.  I started off by taking a look again at her equipment, and took a look at a few first impressions from others.  After all, I hadn't flown her since the pre launch public test of 2.0, so I had better refamiliarize myself with the big girl.

Just giving full disclosure; the RB is an airplane on which my own abilities are still developing, so as tweakz are made to the game in upcoming patches or I realize something different about the RB my playstyle and recommendations on her are very likely to change.  That being said, there's a lot to like about her right out of the box.  First on the list is her tailgun and it's stupid-ridiculous-awesome range.  A base of 1,000 meters range is already a huge number and it can be made much more ridiculous by focusing on increasing the rear gunner's range.  Or get the Critical Hits ability and knock out engines and pilots from 1km away.  You literally can't go wrong with abilities on that rear gun.  Except Deadeye.  Never EVER take that skill.

Her bombs are a mixed bag; at high altitudes over 3.5km, even spec'ed for increased bomb accuracy, blast radius and damage it's a crapshoot whether you can knock out the hardened targets you need to in order to capture points.  This encourages you to farm soft targets like the AA guns, but that will do little to flip a point.  On the other hand, flying at 3km and below you are quite fast and your bombs are much more accurate.  However, turning and setting up for bomb runs and re-runs slows you down and makes you very vulnerable to anything that can zip up to 3km, and at tier VIII the list of fighters that can do that is pretty long.  You can flip caps more reliably at this altitude by nuking high value hard targets, but your party can come to an end very quickly if an Me.262 or something similar decides to notice you.

But the tailgun makes even the bad games worth it if anyone tries to chase you down.  Awesome present, bro.  Thanks!

Good hunting!  :honoring:

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

FreeFOXMIKE #2 Posted 13 December 2017 - 04:12 AM

G.A.T.P. (Global Alpha Test Pilot)

• 2796 battles
  • [332ND] 332ND
:great:

332 Virtual  Fighter  Group

Wombatmetal #3 Posted 13 December 2017 - 07:22 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 950 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN

Thanks for another great vid

Thought I laughed at "Yunkers Jumo"; the 'J' is pronounced the same in both words :)

MagusGerhardt #4 Posted 13 December 2017 - 08:00 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 526 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostDestroyer_Suzukaze, on 13 December 2017 - 12:22 AM, said:

Thought I laughed at "Yunkers Jumo"; the 'J' is pronounced the same in both words :)

Yeah, my German pronunciation isn't stellar when it comes to phoneticizing the acronyms.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

pyantoryng #5 Posted 13 December 2017 - 01:36 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1670 battles

The RB-17 uses one NS-23 for front gun, not the older VYa-23.

At 4200 meters or so above, you are completely safe from NPC defenses when you are top tier (not even the vaunted FlaK can reach up that high at tier VIII level). If you plan to do high bombing, push it all the way, as the RB-17 can maintain speed of around 300kph even at 4200 meters.

...and you made the mistake of bothering with an airbase. You are better off elsewhere where there are a lot of armored targets which scores more, and like I said, you can be completely safe from any NPC defenses in the RB-17 so long as you are the top tier. An RB-17DETT (Demolition, Extremely High Altitude, Twin Turbines) shouldn't go fight for airfields or airbases until they run out of sectors to battle for. The RB-17 excels at damaging large clusters of targets rather than individual ones with six bombs a pop in a rather wide circle. Just cover targets in circle and drop.

Edited by pyantoryng, 13 December 2017 - 01:42 PM.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Wombatmetal #6 Posted 13 December 2017 - 08:28 PM

• 950 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 13 December 2017 - 12:00 AM, said:

Yeah, my German pronunciation isn't stellar when it comes to phoneticizing the acronyms.

Father Munzing sort of beat German into my head with a cricket bat in HS 

MagusGerhardt #7 Posted 13 December 2017 - 09:49 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 526 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostDestroyer_Suzukaze, on 13 December 2017 - 01:28 PM, said:

Father Munzing sort of beat German into my head with a cricket bat in HS 

Ah, so the traditional German greeting and sign of friendship, then.  :teethhappy:

FIight #8 Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:08 PM

• 4131 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostDestroyer_Suzukaze, on 13 December 2017 - 02:22 AM, said:

Wir fühlen in Horsten und Höhen
Des Adlers verwegenes Glück!
Wir steigen zum Tor
Der Sonne empor,
Wir lassen die Erde zurück.

Kamerad! Kamerad!
Alle Mädels müssen warten!
Kamerad! Kamerad!
Der Befehl ist da, wir starten!
Kamerad! Kamerad!
Die Losung ist bekannt:
Ran an den Feind!
Ran an den Feind!
Bomben auf Engelland!

--Bomben auf Engelland

Edited by Einssniper, 13 December 2017 - 10:12 PM.

MagusGerhardt #9 Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:57 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 526 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostEinssniper, on 13 December 2017 - 03:08 PM, said:

Wir fühlen in Horsten und Höhen
Des Adlers verwegenes Glück!
Wir steigen zum Tor
Der Sonne empor,
Wir lassen die Erde zurück.

Kamerad! Kamerad!
Alle Mädels müssen warten!
Kamerad! Kamerad!
Der Befehl ist da, wir starten!
Kamerad! Kamerad!
Die Losung ist bekannt:
Ran an den Feind!
Ran an den Feind!
Bomben auf Engelland!

--Bomben auf Engelland

Patience!  The time for this comes when we get the DE bomber line!

Also tagged with RB-17, Miyasischev, Guide, Review, Video, Replay

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users