P-80A P-80 Review Guide Video Replay

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

MagusGerhardt #1 Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:01 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 419 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

The time has come again for the Lockheed P-80A Shooting Star tier VIII premium light American fighter, and it's a good time.  The sale of this aircraft coincides with the Christmas season, making her a perfect gift for someone you know, or perhaps a self-gift once you've gotten shopping done for others.

The Shooting Star is an outstanding fighter, combining fun gameplay, American versatility and profitable tier VIII economics to make a wonderful package.  The P-80 is blisteringly fast and surprisingly agile; allowing her to use both energy tactics and dogfight turning in the same battle, depending on what she is currently fighting.  There are two things that complicate playing this aircraft - you have to know what the performance strengths are of everything you put in your crosshairs so that you can best fight them with your strengths.  The other hangup is her all machine gun armament, which requires you to get to "whites of their eyes" range to get the best performance out of them.  Other tips and tricks in the video!

Good hunting!  :honoring:

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #2 Posted 13 December 2017 - 12:54 AM

First Lieutenant

• 348 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
good vid & game

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Beornotns #3 Posted 13 December 2017 - 07:23 AM

Senior Airman

• 177 battles
  • [-SCA-] -SCA-

I thought it went off sale on the 8th of December?

~B

I am a newb scrub who started after 2.0.  I know...  I am truly sorry.  But this is looking fun!

MagusGerhardt #4 Posted 13 December 2017 - 07:59 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 419 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostBeornotns, on 13 December 2017 - 12:23 AM, said:

I thought it went off sale on the 8th of December?

~B

It did; I had intended to get this up much earlier but between a bout with the flu and a major microphone malfunction things got delayed.  :(

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

Mercsn #5 Posted 13 December 2017 - 12:22 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1069 battles
It was a bit lame of WG to roll that P-80 offering in with the rest of the full month specials. But...if they don't mind losing opportunity for bringing in money, especially in the face of promotion such as this, I guess that's fine.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users