Unrealistic Missions

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Martymart1976 #1 Posted 11 December 2017 - 12:47 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4290 battles
  • [FK] FK

Good Evening All,

So in order to finish my 10 token mission, I have to collect 40k above a Mining Plant either capturing or defending it.  The tier 5-7, and tier 8-10 were easy I got those done in a few settings.  However, I very rarely see a Mining Plant as a tier 4 and almost never at all as a tier 3 and below.  I spent all night flying my tier 4 ( assuming I would get pulled into a tier 5 game with a Mining Plant) with no success.  Does anyone else have this issue with the missions and any ideas (other than changing up the mission) to complete them?  Thanks and have a great night!

Bobby_Tables #2 Posted 11 December 2017 - 02:11 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 4149 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

Truly, I do not know what to tell you.  There's a lot of similar topics in the forum so your complaint is not unique.   

The 10 token missions are something that I leave up and return to once in awhile lately.  Before, I was devoting all my time to them but then guess what?  Once you complete one, you get another one.  Maybe easier to achieve, maybe just as bad.  

From what I read on some blog or other, WG is considering changing the mission requirements but I am not sure of the time frame.  

The ability to discard a current mission and start a new one was something that had a 4 hour counter on it in 1.9 and earlier.  Therefore, if you had a mission you did not like, you could reset it and then if the replacement mission was not to your liking, you could reset it as well in 4 hours time.  Now it's just one mission once daily.

A quick fix by WG would be to bring back the 4 hour mission reset rather than making it daily.  

I have also noticed that 10 token missions tend to get replaced with, yep, another 10 token mission.  In 1.9 and earlier it seemed like it often would throw you a bone by replacing a complex multi-token mission with a simpler 1 token mission more often than not.  

pyantoryng #3 Posted 11 December 2017 - 02:32 AM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1678 battles

View PostBobby_Tables, on 11 December 2017 - 02:11 AM, said:

I have also noticed that 10 token missions tend to get replaced with, yep, another 10 token mission.  In 1.9 and earlier it seemed like it often would throw you a bone by replacing a complex multi-token mission with a simpler 1 token mission more often than not.  

Not "tend"...it's just like that. The new system just makes sure you always have 1, 4, and 10 token missions at once.

...and the daily replace is compensated by free rerolling of any "empty" missions.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

FluffyPabu #4 Posted 11 December 2017 - 07:53 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5968 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
another mission is to kill 30 bombers in a flight. I hardly see Command Centers at tiers below 5.

Pogo68 #5 Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1649 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View Postpoisonousblood, on 10 December 2017 - 11:53 PM, said:

another mission is to kill 30 bombers in a flight. I hardly see Command Centers at tiers below 5.

Tier 4 at best

But Tier 1 never

Tier 2 only if you get dragged into a tier 3 flight (Blenheim is a Tier 3)

Tier 3 sometimes.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

Bobby_Tables #6 Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:57 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 4149 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View Postpyantoryng, on 10 December 2017 - 08:32 PM, said:

Not "tend"...it's just like that. The new system just makes sure you always have 1, 4, and 10 token missions at once.

...and the daily replace is compensated by free rerolling of any "empty" missions.

Thanks for the clarification.  I figured that was the case, but I have not rerolled many missions so I was not 100% sure. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users