Voice Chat Crazy?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

HurricaneDave #1 Posted 09 December 2017 - 03:17 PM

Airman Basic

• 182 battles

Ok, am I doing something wrong or is the voice chat in warplanes terrible? It works fine in tanks and warships. But in warplanes I hear the ambient sounds through my headphones and the voice chat through my main speakers. The mic on my headphones work but also echoes back through the speakers. I've tried adjusting everything in warplanes and in Windows but cannot get it to all come through the headphones. This makes it much less fun to play this game in a division.

Has anyone else experienced this? I searched the forums but didn't see this exact problem.

Thanks!

mnbv_fockewulfe #2 Posted 09 December 2017 - 04:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 102 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
Voice chat has been broken for years, as in, not even supported, working, and unavailable. Wonder it was even included in 2.0.:bajan:

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

HurricaneDave #3 Posted 09 December 2017 - 04:27 PM

Airman Basic

• 182 battles
Well that really bites. I know it might be different teams on each game, but if it works for the others you would think they could get it working on warplanes...especially if they want us to keep spending money to play.

DrSinister #4 Posted 09 December 2017 - 04:30 PM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 95 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Is your sound settings in Window set like this?

What I am asking is there a phone looking icon on your speakers but a check mark on your headphones.  If that is the case then all voice/communication sounds will go to the device that you have selected.  If that is the case then you need to click Set Default while having your Headphones selected to have both sound and communications to go to that.

Edited by DrSinister, 09 December 2017 - 04:36 PM.

HurricaneDave #5 Posted 09 December 2017 - 04:41 PM

Airman Basic

• 182 battles

View PostDrSinister, on 09 December 2017 - 04:30 PM, said:

Is your sound settings in Window set like this?

What I am asking is there a phone looking icon on your speakers but a check mark on your headphones.  If that is the case then all voice/communication sounds will go to the device that you have selected.  If that is the case then you need to click Set Default while having your Headphones selected to have both sound and communications to go to that.

Nope, no phone icon. I changed the settings for default playback and record to the headphones when I was trying to get them to work. And it still didn't help. The friend I was trying to chat with said it was doing the same thing to him. We play warships more and it works fine there.

Does the voice chat work correctly for anyone here?

Thanks.

DrSinister #6 Posted 09 December 2017 - 05:10 PM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 95 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Hmm, then I am stumped myself.  I do not use in game voice since 2.0, and yeah back in previous patches it was buggy as heck.  If they got it working and the whole team actually used it correctly, coordinating a whole team would be much easier.  But just like in other games, it is pointless, because you will get those people that will just make noise on a public voice chat just to be annoying and then there are people that will not listen to any advice.

I just use Discord with my Clan/Friends/Guilds that I play various games with to voice chat with.

HurricaneDave #7 Posted 09 December 2017 - 05:16 PM

Airman Basic

• 182 battles

View PostDrSinister, on 09 December 2017 - 05:10 PM, said:

Hmm, then I am stumped myself.  I do not use in game voice since 2.0, and yeah back in previous patches it was buggy as heck.  If they got it working and the whole team actually used it correctly, coordinating a whole team would be much easier.  But just like in other games, it is pointless, because you will get those people that will just make noise on a public voice chat just to be annoying and then there are people that will not listen to any advice.

I just use Discord with my Clan/Friends/Guilds that I play various games with to voice chat with.

Yeah I guess I will go back with TeamSpeak.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users