Anyone remember when the game was like this?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Conal_Cochran #21 Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:25 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 17 battles

View PostBlucraft, on 07 December 2017 - 03:14 PM, said:

I'm sure a lot of people enjoyed that old game mode...However, apparently not enough to keep the game alive :unsure:.

-Blu

dont worry, It looks like this is going down the same path.  Boredom already setting in.

Psicko23 #22 Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:49 PM

First Lieutenant

• 14 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
I remember the old national park map. I miss that one. I remember trying that version of mouse control and not liking it. Once I went joystick, I never went back. Too bad Persha either ignores stuff or they over do changes, they should have done what ships do, make it random if you are playing death match, regular capture the sector(one on each side), center capture the sectors with 3 sectors near the middle, and maybe added an attack/defend bomber mode. They should have kept it more like the old version with no respawns.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #23 Posted 08 December 2017 - 12:05 AM

First Lieutenant

• 116 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostPsicko23, on 07 December 2017 - 06:49 PM, said:

I remember the old national park map. I miss that one. I remember trying that version of mouse control and not liking it. Once I went joystick, I never went back. Too bad Persha either ignores stuff or they over do changes, they should have done what ships do, make it random if you are playing death match, regular capture the sector(one on each side), center capture the sectors with 3 sectors near the middle, and maybe added an attack/defend bomber mode. They should have kept it more like the old version with no respawns.

yeah, sure... then you and all the old players wouldn't have left... and the reality of this new mode being a tragic mess would have been pointed out way too much... it's best to just flush all the insightful thinkers down the crapper with the power flush of 2.0

"It's New and Improved!"... just read the label

:facepalm:

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Pogo68 #24 Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:25 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 302 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View PostColddawg, on 06 December 2017 - 05:37 PM, said:

Yes I was here OP, and having the plane chase the mouse was STUPID.  Imagine trying to move the mouse cursor half way behind your plane in order to stay in as tight a turn as possible.  After that, when you were low tier all you were was fodder for the planes that completely outclassed you.

I'm glad the game isn't like that anymore.  But I do miss the "target cam" in the bottom left. . . and the maps.

Don't know about the mouse thing.

I never used it to fly.

From the time WoWP was in open beta I used a joystick, the same one I'm using today in fact.

As to having to fight planes that outclassed me..

*shrugs* When I started playing flight sims using I used Hawker Hurricanes Mk I's against Bf-109e's, Brewster Bufflalo's against A6M2-21's

Using inferior aircraft was normal.

Edited by Pogo68, 08 December 2017 - 05:27 AM.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

Texthor #25 Posted 08 December 2017 - 10:18 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 7 battles

View Postfallanger, on 06 December 2017 - 07:51 PM, said:

​in some ways the "old way" demanded some skill and determination, the latest game play blows chunks over that. and BTW...we are all still chasing the mouse cursor around. I liked the old game and for those of us with a little skill and determination we wish it were back.

True, the old game required skill.......unless you were in an IL.

Us old guys spent money on the game, these new Bernies will not !!!!!!  Also wish it were back.....

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #26 Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:43 PM

First Lieutenant

• 116 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostTexthor, on 08 December 2017 - 05:18 PM, said:

Us old guys spent money on the game, these new Bernies will not !!!!!!  Also wish it were back.....

damn Tex... you just beg for the waves of negs from both sides like a hate sponge... hehe

... just remember... I love ya

:teethhappy:

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

mnbv_fockewulfe #27 Posted 09 December 2017 - 04:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 52 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostTexthor, on 08 December 2017 - 10:18 PM, said:

Related image

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users