Jump to content


P-80A Shooting Star

feels_good

  • Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

TornadoADV #1 Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:56 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 439 battles
  • 32
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

I think USAAF High Command awarded me all the medals at once from this sortie.

 



BuffaloTime #2 Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:01 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 216 battles
  • 578
  • [3MNKY] 3MNKY
  • Member since:
    03-10-2012

So people can see without clicking on it.



Einssniper #3 Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:04 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 622 battles
  • 359
  • [-WS-] -WS-
  • Member since:
    09-11-2015

not surprised, it is always OP



StoptheViolins #4 Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:42 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 621 battles
  • 436
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
Not when in the same game with a enemy competent JL-1 pilot lol.

TornadoADV #5 Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:54 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 439 battles
  • 32
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
Still surprises me how the new Ace medal doesn't award a token compared to some of the other token award medals.

The_World_Needs_A_Hero #6 Posted 06 December 2017 - 05:23 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 84 battles
  • 1,339
  • Member since:
    07-27-2013
Wow..that might be the most credits I've ever seen. 

BuffaloTime #7 Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:05 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 216 battles
  • 578
  • [3MNKY] 3MNKY
  • Member since:
    03-10-2012

View PostThe_World_Needs_A_Hero, on 06 December 2017 - 12:23 PM, said:

Wow..that might be the most credits I've ever seen. 

 

Back when we had birthday missions I flew my NC 1070 with a 5x award, premum account and premium plane reward and made over 700,000 in one battle.  I think I remember someone posting one over 900,000.

MARS_REVENANT #8 Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:12 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 809 battles
  • 8,004
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

I could swear making over $1M on a x5 weekend.  It was ridiculous.

 

I like the performance of the P80, but the guns are weak and take too long to destroy other fighters, which makes up most of the battle.  I prefer the JL for the most part.

 

I do like the P80 against HF or Bombers because the guns don't overheat, it seems I can take out a HF or Bomber faster with weaker guns that don't overheat, than I can with the JL having to wait for the guns to cool.  Not so bad behind a HF... but staying on a Bomber  tail gunner is crazy.


1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

 

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

 


The_World_Needs_A_Hero #9 Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:33 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 84 battles
  • 1,339
  • Member since:
    07-27-2013

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 06 December 2017 - 06:12 PM, said:

I could swear making over $1M on a x5 weekend.  It was ridiculous.

 

I like the performance of the P80, but the guns are weak and take too long to destroy other fighters, which makes up most of the battle.  I prefer the JL for the most part.

 

I do like the P80 against HF or Bombers because the guns don't overheat, it seems I can take out a HF or Bomber faster with weaker guns that don't overheat, than I can with the JL having to wait for the guns to cool.  Not so bad behind a HF... but staying on a Bomber  tail gunner is crazy.

 

I think the JL really suffers in this version. It just doesn't feel good at all. 

MARS_REVENANT #10 Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:46 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 809 battles
  • 8,004
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

The JL Really suffers...

 


1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

 

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

 


The_World_Needs_A_Hero #11 Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:04 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 84 battles
  • 1,339
  • Member since:
    07-27-2013

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 06 December 2017 - 07:46 PM, said:

The JL Really suffers...

 

 

One good game doesn't mean squat... you know better than that. 

 

Get that XP per game up and that DMG per game up. :-) 



Einssniper #12 Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:16 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 622 battles
  • 359
  • [-WS-] -WS-
  • Member since:
    09-11-2015

View PostThe_World_Needs_A_Hero, on 06 December 2017 - 01:33 PM, said:

 

I think the JL really suffers in this version. It just doesn't feel good at all. 

 

same happened to Mig-15, its 37mm really takes some skill

to hit. Russian 37mm does not have very good trajectory, and

it overheats in 6 rounds...much like a revolver, plus they take away

aiming reticles which make large calibres like 37mm increasingly difficult

to hit.



MARS_REVENANT #13 Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:16 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 809 battles
  • 8,004
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostThe_World_Needs_A_Hero, on 06 December 2017 - 04:04 PM, said:

 

One good game doesn't mean squat... you know better than that. 

 

Get that XP per game up and that DMG per game up. :-) 

 

Is that why you keep going on and on about you beating me in 1 battle?  I mean, I wish I remembered it, seems like an important life event for you.

 

XP and damage doesnt mean anything, capping and winning does.  Anyone can camp and defend to work their way up the lines... its along the same line of thinking as people hitting GT with HF and LF all game.


1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

 

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

 


MARS_REVENANT #14 Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:22 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 809 battles
  • 8,004
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostEinssniper, on 06 December 2017 - 04:16 PM, said:

 

same happened to Mig-15, its 37mm really takes some skill

to hit. Russian 37mm does not have very good trajectory, and

it overheats in 6 rounds...much like a revolver, plus they take away

aiming reticles which make large calibres like 37mm increasingly difficult

to hit.

 

Ill take the Mig-15 over the Sabre for the same reasons I listed above.  You have to get closer now in everything, not only due to the removal of lead indicator, that can be resolved with practice, but the erratic and impossible maneuvers performed by bots.  They said they would be fixing that SOONtm

Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 06 December 2017 - 09:23 PM.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

 

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

 


The_World_Needs_A_Hero #15 Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:25 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 84 battles
  • 1,339
  • Member since:
    07-27-2013

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 06 December 2017 - 09:16 PM, said:

 

Is that why you keep going on and on about you beating me in 1 battle?  I mean, I wish I remembered it, seems like an important life event for you.

 

XP and damage doesnt mean anything, capping and winning does.  Anyone can camp and defend to work their way up the lines... its along the same line of thinking as people hitting GT with HF and LF all game.

 

WR means squat in this VERSION as it pertains to how skilled one is in dogfighting. You can hang onto that if you want. But, it's empty. You aren't that good. You never were. 

 

 

 

 



mnbv_fockewulfe #16 Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:30 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 52 battles
  • 1,698
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    12-06-2013

View PostThe_World_Needs_A_Hero, on 06 December 2017 - 09:25 PM, said:

 

WR means squat in this VERSION as it pertains to how skilled one is in dogfighting. You can hang onto that if you want. But, it's empty. You aren't that good. You never were. 

 

 

 

 

 

Dogfighting was removed from the game as everything is decided in the first pass. 

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

 

mnbv_fockewulfe.png


 


MARS_REVENANT #17 Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:43 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 809 battles
  • 8,004
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostThe_World_Needs_A_Hero, on 06 December 2017 - 04:25 PM, said:

 

WR means squat in this VERSION as it pertains to how skilled one is in dogfighting. You can hang onto that if you want. But, it's empty. You aren't that good. You never were. 

 

 

 

 

 

Most people that lose make up reasons why winning isn't important.  If you want to make the game about earning exp, that is up to you, that is something you can hang onto if you don't want to adapt to the new meta.

 

BTW... you have to be able to dogfight to cap and win... but that's none of my business.  Its just that, in order to win, you need to cap and hold more territories than the enemy.  Camping 1 spot might get you a lot of kills and a loss.  A lot of people from 1.9 refuse to move on, it takes dog-fighting, which is the current meta, and also strategy, (where to go and what to do) to win.  1 dimensional players will complain that they shot down 25 aircraft and still lost.  So yeah, I don't blame you for not understanding the full game, its why there are special classes in schools.


1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

 

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

 


Einssniper #18 Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:55 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 622 battles
  • 359
  • [-WS-] -WS-
  • Member since:
    09-11-2015

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 06 December 2017 - 04:22 PM, said:

 

Ill take the Mig-15 over the Sabre for the same reasons I listed above.  You have to get closer now in everything, not only due to the removal of lead indicator, that can be resolved with practice, but the erratic and impossible maneuvers performed by bots.  They said they would be fixing that SOONtm

 

hope so, my fav large calibre is 30mm British ADEN

Einssniper #19 Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:59 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 622 battles
  • 359
  • [-WS-] -WS-
  • Member since:
    09-11-2015

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 06 December 2017 - 04:43 PM, said:

 

Most people that lose make up reasons why winning isn't important.  If you want to make the game about earning exp, that is up to you, that is something you can hang onto if you don't want to adapt to the new meta.

 

BTW... you have to be able to dogfight to cap and win... but that's none of my business.  Its just that, in order to win, you need to cap and hold more territories than the enemy.  Camping 1 spot might get you a lot of kills and a loss.  A lot of people from 1.9 refuse to move on, it takes dog-fighting, which is the current meta, and also strategy, (where to go and what to do) to win.  1 dimensional players will complain that they shot down 25 aircraft and still lost.  So yeah, I don't blame you for not understanding the full game, its why there are special classes in schools.

 

Generally ppl who have more exp would win more, as the reward for winning is way more than that for loss. In a healthy gameplay(not those staying in t1 farming bots and easy win), players who is capable of winning more have more exp per battle, as you can see the No.1 ranked KAIM_INVICTUS has 74% win rate while an average exp of over 3000.



The_World_Needs_A_Hero #20 Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:13 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 84 battles
  • 1,339
  • Member since:
    07-27-2013

View PostEinssniper, on 06 December 2017 - 09:59 PM, said:

 

Generally ppl who have more exp would win more, as the reward for winning is way more than that for loss. In a healthy gameplay(not those staying in t1 farming bots and easy win), players who is capable of winning more have more exp per battle, as you can see the No.1 ranked KAIM_INVICTUS has 74% win rate while an average exp of over 3000.

 

Yes... my WR/Xp ratio is quite lopsided, mostly due to having great performances in battles where the bots still screwed me over. Heck, I have higher XP per battle than most of the top spots in the HOF.  That is why I say that WR is pretty bunk in this version and Xp is the better measuring stick. But, Marsco has to hang his hat on whatever he can, because he isn't that good, but likes to think he is. 






2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users