How to use R4Ms?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Troika #1 Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:51 AM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 76 battles
  • [PANSY] PANSY
They just seem to spray everywhere and miss, even from 300m behind a bomber.

pyantoryng #2 Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:40 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles

Even at point-blank range they are likely to fail to destroy a bomber because their blast radius damage had been significantly nerfed. If you need to get some rocket kills from bombers, try using planes with big, general purpose, rockets instead, like the P-47 or British HFs. Softening them with gunfire is a good idea too.

The R4Ms are for shooting anyone foolish enough to head-on with you. Only things with over 1k HP will survive a direct salvo. Can be used in a gambit to down a straight-flying GA quickly too. In a pinch, they can even destroy targets, but think very carefully when trying to use them in that manner.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

MARS_REVENANT #3 Posted 06 December 2017 - 05:13 PM

Colonel

• 809 battles
Head on with a HF or Bomber bot, or an inexperienced human player.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

The_World_Needs_A_Hero #4 Posted 06 December 2017 - 05:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 84 battles
For what little you MIGHT get out of them, if anything, they aren't worth equipping. 

pyantoryng #5 Posted 06 December 2017 - 05:22 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 06 December 2017 - 05:13 PM, said:

Head on with a HF or Bomber bot, or an inexperienced human player.

Bot HF thinks my red health BV212 is easy picking...I gave it some R4M to the face...:trollface:

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

The_World_Needs_A_Hero #6 Posted 06 December 2017 - 05:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 84 battles

View Postpyantoryng, on 06 December 2017 - 05:22 PM, said:

Bot HF thinks my red health BV212 is easy picking...I gave it some R4M to the face...:trollface:

Those BV multiroles were a pleasant surprise when I came back to the game. The T8 is currently my favorite plane in the game. 

Pogo68 #7 Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 302 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

Me, "OH crap WE"RE GOING TO HIT!!!!" *Repeatedly presses the red button and closes his eyes.

Opens them, "Huh, were still flying", checks the messages, sees the rocket kill message, and looks at the damage bar, "That's interesting".

Even shooting at bombers, I've had a hard time hitting with these things at point blank range.

The rockets from the IL-2's are easier to hit things with.

Edited by Pogo68, 06 December 2017 - 10:47 PM.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

HazeGrayUnderway #8 Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:22 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 742 battles

View Postpyantoryng, on 06 December 2017 - 10:40 AM, said:

Even at point-blank range they are likely to fail to destroy a bomber because their blast radius damage had been significantly nerfed. If you need to get some rocket kills from bombers, try using planes with big, general purpose, rockets instead, like the P-47 or British HFs. Softening them with gunfire is a good idea too.

The R4Ms are for shooting anyone foolish enough to head-on with you. Only things with over 1k HP will survive a direct salvo. Can be used in a gambit to down a straight-flying GA quickly too. In a pinch, they can even destroy targets, but think very carefully when trying to use them in that manner.

This, I'm relying on R4Ms on head-on fights more than the 30mm guns.  This is especially true for me since I am flying a new, stock Me 262HG right now and the other planes I run into at IX-X have far stronger gun armament, which is dangerous if you play head-on.  R4M is my equalizer, at least to get them to break off and I can dash to safety.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway, 06 December 2017 - 11:23 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users