Bot bomber chase

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Stonecoldelf #1 Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:12 AM

Senior Airman

• 377 battles
  • [LOXG] LOXG

I think the bot programming should be looked at. Seems when the bombers spawn from the command centers bots will instantly focus and attempt to chase down the bombers.  Seems they fly to where the bombers currently are on the map as opposed to planning an intercept course.

I am sick and tired of watching 6 bots uselessly attempt to chase down bombers. You'll see them spinning around like useless clowns. FIX IT

Mercsn #2 Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:21 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 432 battles

Reports are that the bot ai is based on average ability of the majority of players.  In other words, bot ai proficiency is based on the proficiency of the average player on the RU server.  That's completely hearsay, but take it for what you will.  Maybe we need a doping "program" for the bots (see what I did there?).

:ohmy:

Edited by Mercsn, 06 December 2017 - 06:22 AM.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

poisonousblood #3 Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:51 AM

Master Sergeant

• 705 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
in order to break their code, you have to go after the bombers and kill them before reaching a target, bots will think "uh we have a bomber killer we better go after bases" and they do... sometimes....:child:

clodhoppr #4 Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:07 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 223 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

Although this bot behavior seems to be a common occurrence, it doesn't seem happen all of the time.

True, it seems that friendly bots, by default, chase after the high-flying enemy bomber squadrons. After-all, the guy announces that there are enemy bombers approaching and tells us we should all stop doing whatever we are doing and go chase them... 

However, last night, and this morning, I had a few battles in which the bots ignored the high-flying enemy squadrons and kept on pounding the enemy fighters. Interestingly, in one battle the only team-member chasing after the bomb squadron was the other player on our team...

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users