Broken Aiming Reticle

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

HazeGrayUnderway #1 Posted 04 December 2017 - 11:32 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 742 battles

Above is a screenshot from my last match where the aiming reticle for my guns got stuck above and to the left of my plane.  Stayed like this for the rest of the match and it was a big problem, obviously.

Mercsn #2 Posted 04 December 2017 - 11:51 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 432 battles

Did you do anything particular immediately or recently before this happened or have speculation on how to repeat it?  I ask partly to help any WG people who may (doubtfully) ever see this, but mainly so I can avoid it!

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

HazeGrayUnderway #3 Posted 04 December 2017 - 12:38 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 742 battles

View PostMercsn, on 04 December 2017 - 11:51 AM, said:

Did you do anything particular immediately or recently before this happened or have speculation on how to repeat it?  I ask partly to help any WG people who may (doubtfully) ever see this, but mainly so I can avoid it!

I was flying with Engine Boost and then was hitting TAB to look at the match situation.  Somehow that move to hit TAB turned into ALT+TAB (don't ask me how, I don't know how the hell I did that), I went to desktop (no crash), then selected to go back into WoWP.  I came back in just fine, but my reticle was stuck in the top left as the screenshot showed.

Next match it was fine.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway, 04 December 2017 - 12:39 PM.

Zapperguy #4 Posted 04 December 2017 - 12:45 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 23 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostHazeGrayUnderway, on 04 December 2017 - 06:32 AM, said:

Spoiler

Above is a screenshot from my last match where the aiming reticle for my guns got stuck above and to the left of my plane.  Stayed like this for the rest of the match and it was a big problem, obviously.

The only way WG will address this is through a ticket. You can file one here: https://na.wargaming.net/support/tickets

Be sure to attach your screenshot to your ticket. Good luck, dealing with WoWP support can be frustrating.

:honoring:

Founder of the original CLOWN clan. Haven't lost a single member in over 3 years of existence.

mnbv_fockewulfe #5 Posted 04 December 2017 - 01:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 52 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
I've got a better one where it moved to the bottom left of my screen, I think i was after I resapwned. I'll post it after I get off m y mobile device. 

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

Colddawg #6 Posted 04 December 2017 - 01:59 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 241 battles

It could be tied to the poor hit detection that's going on now.  Huge desync between server and client input.

But more than likely it's an issue with tabbing out and tabbing in.  If it happens again try alt-tab again and come back in, see if that fixes it.  Usually it's a program-Windows issue where they have communication issues on the size of the window/screen/resolution.

Keep your head on the swivel.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users