Questions for GhostPrime or WG

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Longsite #1 Posted 04 December 2017 - 04:02 AM

Master Sergeant

• 7749 battles

Hey GhostPrime
   Hope U had a good holiday, I have a few question and tell u about a few things I have seen happening in the game.  First, It only happen every once in a while but it has just happen in 3 of the last game I played. For some reason after I'm killed and I re-spawn, I don't have control of my aircraft, Its like Im viewing the battle from someone else aircraft. If I pull up the mini map or the map that shows all the targets I can see my aircraft icon but I have no control.  The only way I can get back into the game/battle I have to quit the game and re-start the game,  I hate this, it should not be this way.

Second, I was flying at tier 4 and I killed a bot over a target that we were fighting to gain control over, I watch the aircraft get destoryed break up in battle but for some reason it just kept flying and shot down another bot and I had to chase it down and shoot it down again, I mean it had no tail, no wings and it was still shooting down aircraft, wth?

Third, why is it that when a area is taken over by the enemy and U are over that area why is the radar not showing all the bots that are re-spawn, I mean that the bots just show up and are all over your aircraft before u know it and they are not showing on the radar, I watch the radar map and I could see 2 of the enemy showing up on the minimap but In front of me 4 enemy aircraft appeared and they were not on the map, why?

Lastly, when at the battle screen in most of my tier 4 to 8 battle I keep getting the message about no opponent statement, I thought that all our experence was put to 0 and everyone was starting from zero so why am I waiting to get into a battle if we are all starting out at zero?  Is the MM using our old EX from before 2.0 to place us into a battle of our peers?

If anyone have any info on the things I have asked please, shed a light on some of the things I have seen and come accross.   Good luck to all and keep flying.

I would put in a ticket but I put it here GhostPrime because I though if I shared this with others and they were having the same problems U could see that its is a problem that is growing.

Wombatmetal #2 Posted 04 December 2017 - 04:25 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 1049 battles
#1 is a problem a few have had, you respawn into an air defense aircraft. You can fire the guns but nothing else. Quite annoying. Has happened to me

Mercsn #3 Posted 04 December 2017 - 05:31 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2601 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

Hi, first, #1 should probably be in bugs, I've not experienced it, but read of others who have.

Second, WG developers don't actually read the NA forums (or care much for whatever reports get translated for them, if they understand them after translation).

Third, your #2 and #3 issues seem likely due to high internet latency (high ping, lag, choose your phrase) and/or associated network server-client desync.  Your net migh also be "fine" but something spikes it causing packet loss or connection timeouts at the time you notice these odd things.  Bring up a command prompt (google how to open command prompt for your windows version) and type in:

ping -t www.google.com

then hit enter.  You'll see your ping to google start scrolling in that command prompt window.  (I use google because it's fairly stable and a decent indicator of internet latency.)   Leave that window up.  Then start the game.  When you notice one of the oddities you describe, tab out of the game and look at that window.  If you see your ping look like this:

timed out

timed out

....then you had something that messed up your internet and resulted in server-client desync and therefore what you were seeing on your screen wasn't the same as what the server was seeing, because your computer and the game servers were not able to exchange data packets.  (In the above ping example, the connection did not "die" and the game may have not decided you were "disconnected", but you actually had a lapse in communication with the server of almost 9 full seconds.)

Battle count was zero'd, but hangars were not cleared, experience prior to 2.0 was not cleared, etc.   I assume that you're saying xp was used as a means of the MM putting teams together.  From what I understand (I wasn't playing then), skill based MM went away in 1.6 or something after it messed up queue times and drove some players off and generally didn't work at all.

I've also not seen the message you report, just that the queue time will go fairly long (over 2 minutes) if there isn't another human opponent in the queue for a 1v1 +bots match.  If you get that message, I'd suggest trying a different class of airplane (if you're flying something odd like a bomber or ground attacker) and a different tier that's at least 2 up or down from what you tried to queue in.

Edited by Mercsn, 04 December 2017 - 05:33 AM.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

FIight #4 Posted 04 December 2017 - 07:09 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 5067 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostDestroyer_Suzukaze, on 03 December 2017 - 11:25 PM, said:

#1 is a problem a few have had, you respawn into an air defense aircraft. You can fire the guns but nothing else. Quite annoying. Has happened to me

sounds funny,  I was wondering why some air defense fighters seem to head hunt human players

mnbv_fockewulfe #5 Posted 04 December 2017 - 01:50 PM

Captain

• 599 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostMercsn, on 04 December 2017 - 05:31 AM, said:

Hi, first, #1 should probably be in bugs, I've not experienced it, but read of others who have.

Second, WG developers don't actually read the NA forums (or care much for whatever reports get translated for them, if they understand them after translation).

Third, your #2 and #3 issues seem likely due to high internet latency (high ping, lag, choose your phrase) and/or associated network server-client desync.  Your net migh also be "fine" but something spikes it causing packet loss or connection timeouts at the time you notice these odd things.  Bring up a command prompt (google how to open command prompt for your windows version) and type in:

ping -t www.google.com

then hit enter.  You'll see your ping to google start scrolling in that command prompt window.  (I use google because it's fairly stable and a decent indicator of internet latency.)   Leave that window up.  Then start the game.  When you notice one of the oddities you describe, tab out of the game and look at that window.  If you see your ping look like this:

timed out

timed out

....then you had something that messed up your internet and resulted in server-client desync and therefore what you were seeing on your screen wasn't the same as what the server was seeing, because your computer and the game servers were not able to exchange data packets.  (In the above ping example, the connection did not "die" and the game may have not decided you were "disconnected", but you actually had a lapse in communication with the server of almost 9 full seconds.)

Battle count was zero'd, but hangars were not cleared, experience prior to 2.0 was not cleared, etc.   I assume that you're saying xp was used as a means of the MM putting teams together.  From what I understand (I wasn't playing then), skill based MM went away in 1.6 or something after it messed up queue times and drove some players off and generally didn't work at all.

I've also not seen the message you report, just that the queue time will go fairly long (over 2 minutes) if there isn't another human opponent in the queue for a 1v1 +bots match.  If you get that message, I'd suggest trying a different class of airplane (if you're flying something odd like a bomber or ground attacker) and a different tier that's at least 2 up or down from what you tried to queue in.

Probably has something to do with Client Side Prediction, I have to do some test with it turn of and turned on. 

In the Preferences.xml it's called <Fast_FM>

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

cobra_marksman #6 Posted 04 December 2017 - 02:31 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6574 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
For some reason after I'm killed and I re-spawn, I don't have control of my aircraft, Its like Im viewing the battle from someone else aircraft. If I pull up the mini map or the map that shows all the targets I can see my aircraft icon but I have no control.  The only way I can get back into the game/battle I have to quit the game and re-start the game,  I hate this, it should not be this way.     Hit the Tab Button, instead of exiting game, it will clear the problem that you accidently created, & will put you back in the game mode.   >>>>>    Third, why is it that when a area is taken over by the enemy and U are over that area why is the radar not showing all the bots that are re-spawn, I mean that the bots just show up and are all over your aircraft before u know it and they are not showing on the radar, I watch the radar map and I could see 2 of the enemy showing up on the minimap but In front of me 4 enemy aircraft appeared and they were not on the map, why?       They are either under you, or they are so close to your 6, that they blend in to radar icon. You might want to adjust your radar setting. Noticed that same problem myself, try adjusting your radar setting.

Edited by cobra_marksman, 04 December 2017 - 03:48 PM.

trikke #7 Posted 04 December 2017 - 05:49 PM

Captain

• 3319 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostLongsite, on 03 December 2017 - 11:02 PM, said:

Lastly, when at the battle screen in most of my tier 4 to 8 battle I keep getting the message about no opponent statement, I thought that all our experence was put to 0 and everyone was starting from zero so why am I waiting to get into a battle if we are all starting out at zero?  Is the MM using our old EX from before 2.0 to place us into a battle of our peers?

i've seen that...  just wait it out and you'll get a battle, it's nothing to do with player experience matchmaking

use it as an opportunity to get up, walk around and stretch your legs?

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users