stop the cap the flag

cap the flag

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Bullitmagnet #1 Posted 04 December 2017 - 12:21 AM

Airman Basic

• 150 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH
Ok the new is off and I am sick of cap the stuped flag as this is all this game is now it don't matter how good you are or how bad it just the luck of the team now as I played and played and mostly it loss after loss and I am tired of this crap and was hopeing that u would see it to set up a free for all like the old days where it not all cap the flag  in wows u get at least bot on one team if u wont it

mullyman #2 Posted 04 December 2017 - 12:31 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 36 battles
Welcome to the salty old vet side...
mullyman.png

trikke #3 Posted 04 December 2017 - 01:32 AM

Captain

• 3319 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

to add injury to OP's insult, that damn flag just won't stay capped, either!

i want that changed by tomorrow!     i'm an American and i demand it!

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Krautjaeger #4 Posted 04 December 2017 - 02:20 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 926 battles
  • [KOOKS] KOOKS

You have the same in WoWs as well, except in WoWs the game is much slower so you have a "better" chance of theoretically being able to recap and control it. But it's just theory, because for that to happen you would need an actual team of people who were interested in winning the game and doing tactics and that ain't happening in randoms ever. Clan battles was a breath of fresh air, but once we did that for a while going back to randoms was like getting hit in the head with a ten ton hammer over and over again and it wasn't amusing the slightest. But... it is what it is, and it is what the next generation of gamers want. So one just have to accept and live with it, if one is to be able to play the games that one has done for years.

My hope for WoWp is something akin to Stronghold battles in WoT, where you can team up and fight clan to clan and possibly have the mercenary system adopted as well.

cobra_marksman #5 Posted 04 December 2017 - 02:30 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6574 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostBullitmagnet, on 03 December 2017 - 07:21 PM, said:

Ok the new is off and I am sick of cap the stuped flag as this is all this game is now it don't matter how good you are or how bad it just the luck of the team now as I played and played and mostly it loss after loss and I am tired of this crap and was hopeing that u would see it to set up a free for all like the old days where it not all cap the flag  in wows u get at least bot on one team if u wont it

Get use to It >>>>BOT POWER !!!!!!!  >>>>>>>>it's the New World Order.    BOTS WILL RULE FOREVER.  ( bots never complain ).

Edited by cobra_marksman, 04 December 2017 - 02:33 AM.

Brothanoobseed #6 Posted 04 December 2017 - 02:43 AM

Airman Basic

• 30 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postcobra_marksman, on 04 December 2017 - 02:30 AM, said:

Get use to It >>>>BOT POWER !!!!!!!  >>>>>>>>it's the New World Order.    BOTS WILL RULE FOREVER.  ( bots never complain ).

I hate bot babysitters

LMG #7 Posted 04 December 2017 - 03:09 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

View Postcobra_marksman, on 03 December 2017 - 09:30 PM, said:

Actually, I have seen bots complain. One even accused a player of hacking :amazed:

Edited by LMG, 04 December 2017 - 03:09 AM.

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

Mercsn #8 Posted 04 December 2017 - 05:43 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2601 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostLMG, on 03 December 2017 - 09:09 PM, said:

Actually, I have seen bots complain. One even accused a player of hacking :amazed:

It's true and it's....creepy.

At the OP, first, I can barely understand your actual message, but I understand the gist.  Even if you're on a mobile device, periods and word select aren't too difficult.

Cap the flag by killing enemies, preferably ones that are trying to shoot at your teammates (since, if they die, you lose the cap).  If you lose the cap, kill the remaining human players and "player bots", then kill the defense bots when they spawn.  Re-capture the sector and then either defend if enemies are trickling in or attack a red/neutral sector if no enemies are heading into that now-blue-zone.

If you died, respawn and go to a zone that is NOT HEAVILY POPULATED with enemies.  Trickling into the main, usually central, contested zone to get slaughtered one-by-one will lead to a loss and very unfun game.  If you're a decent shot and pilot and not flying something super squishy (a zero), you can actually solo capture a neutral or red sector.  Do this a few times while the red team is holding onto that central sector and farming your bots that keep trickling in and you'll quickly find yourself on the winning team.  The enemy bots will disperse to try and re-capture the zones you took.  Then you can regroup with your bots and kill enemy players in defense of your zones.

The game mode is overly complicated, but it's not bad once you get a hang of the flow and what each zone is capable of (some will attack other zones for you, the factories will dump a huge bunch of points into your teams total every so often, things like that).

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

Blast_Radius1 #9 Posted 04 December 2017 - 08:43 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1325 battles

View PostMercsn, on 04 December 2017 - 05:43 AM, said:

It's true and it's....creepy.

At the OP, first, I can barely understand your actual message, but I understand the gist.  Even if you're on a mobile device, periods and word select aren't too difficult.

Cap the flag by killing enemies, preferably ones that are trying to shoot at your teammates (since, if they die, you lose the cap).  If you lose the cap, kill the remaining human players and "player bots", then kill the defense bots when they spawn.  Re-capture the sector and then either defend if enemies are trickling in or attack a red/neutral sector if no enemies are heading into that now-blue-zone.

If you died, respawn and go to a zone that is NOT HEAVILY POPULATED with enemies.  Trickling into the main, usually central, contested zone to get slaughtered one-by-one will lead to a loss and very unfun game.  If you're a decent shot and pilot and not flying something super squishy (a zero), you can actually solo capture a neutral or red sector.  Do this a few times while the red team is holding onto that central sector and farming your bots that keep trickling in and you'll quickly find yourself on the winning team.  The enemy bots will disperse to try and re-capture the zones you took.  Then you can regroup with your bots and kill enemy players in defense of your zones.

The game mode is overly complicated, but it's not bad once you get a hang of the flow and what each zone is capable of (some will attack other zones for you, the factories will dump a huge bunch of points into your teams total every so often, things like that).

Exactly this. So sick of watching my team form a nice orderly queue to march into the enemy's guns one by one.

Zapperguy #10 Posted 04 December 2017 - 11:47 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostBullitmagnet, on 03 December 2017 - 07:21 PM, said:

That said, I hate the new mode as well. Respawn is the biggest deal-breaker for me.

:honoring:

Mercsn #11 Posted 04 December 2017 - 11:55 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2601 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
To Zapper's comment above, they really should have left in supremacy also, either as a queue option or as a random pick between the two.  For four years the game was lacking "some other mode".  Now that it arrives, it disperses the OTHER mode, leaving exactly the same ZERO variety.  (And, worse, a lot of maps that I remember seem to be missing as well.)

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

hoom #12 Posted 04 December 2017 - 01:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7834 battles

WoT always had caps, WoWS always had caps, WoWP has caps now.

I find the idea of a WG game without them pretty weird honestly :sceptic:

Certainly wouldn't be averse to the MM having the option of throwing in single-cap & other modes (don't really know what Supremacy mode was) but I think there is already a pretty interesting variety with the different Garrison/Airfield/Mine/Comm Center setups.

Also there really needs to be something changed about cap-flipping, simply far too often caps flip for apparently no reason which causes complete confusion & bewilderment (when I kill the only enemy in my cap and he wasn't shooting at anything it really shouldn't cause the cap to flip from full blue to full red).

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

mnbv_fockewulfe #13 Posted 04 December 2017 - 01:44 PM

Captain

• 599 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostMercsn, on 04 December 2017 - 11:55 AM, said:

To Zapper's comment above, they really should have left in supremacy also, either as a queue option or as a random pick between the two.  For four years the game was lacking "some other mode".  Now that it arrives, it disperses the OTHER mode, leaving exactly the same ZERO variety.  (And, worse, a lot of maps that I remember seem to be missing as well.)

The Old National Park (a fan favorite around here) was replaced in something like 1.6. :(

And Bay, with the big bridge in the middle was one of my favorites. 

They should've at least left them in the training room.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

trikke #14 Posted 04 December 2017 - 06:13 PM

Captain

• 3319 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 04 December 2017 - 08:44 AM, said:

The Old National Park (a fan favorite around here) was replaced in something like 1.6. :(

And Bay, with the big bridge in the middle was one of my favorites. 

They should've at least left them in the training room.

both were absolutely favorites, and we all know that WG still has them in their back pockets

would it be too much work to add caps and give them back?

please don't reintroduce them as 'premium maps'

LMG #15 Posted 04 December 2017 - 09:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

View Posttrikke, on 04 December 2017 - 01:13 PM, said:

both were absolutely favorites, and we all know that WG still has them in their back pockets

would it be too much work to add caps and give them back?

please don't reintroduce them as 'premium maps'

My guess is that they'll add them back if they can rework them for Conquest, though that depends on how the layout would work. If I recall correctly, both of them cannot have a central sector, which seems to be a "must-have" for maps in 2.0, but who knows :sceptic:. Fjord could work though, the mostly-ice map with the frozen trench

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

Zapperguy #16 Posted 05 December 2017 - 01:01 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostLMG, on 04 December 2017 - 04:57 PM, said:

My guess is that they'll add them back if they can rework them for Conquest, though that depends on how the layout would work. If I recall correctly, both of them cannot have a central sector, which seems to be a "must-have" for maps in 2.0, but who knows :sceptic:. Fjord could work though, the mostly-ice map with the frozen trench

Or they could actually bring back our good ol' deathmatch mode (like they promised), and give our favorite maps back for that.

trikke #17 Posted 05 December 2017 - 01:54 PM

Captain

• 3319 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostZapperguy, on 05 December 2017 - 08:01 AM, said:

Or they could actually bring back our good ol' deathmatch mode (like they promised), and give our favorite maps back for that.

i'll bet money that you'll get what you want soontm!

Zapperguy #18 Posted 05 December 2017 - 02:07 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View Posttrikke, on 05 December 2017 - 08:54 AM, said:

i'll bet money that you'll get what you want soontm!

I hope you're right, but I won't hold my breath. I'll play if they offer a DM, but I certainly hope it doesn't have respawn. Kinda makes the "death" part a bit pointless if you get another life.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users