"Ravening Wolf" mission and Tier I-IV bomber call-in availability

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

HazeGrayUnderway #1 Posted 03 December 2017 - 10:45 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1814 battles
The mission "Ravening Wolf" needs a tweak or something.  The requirement of 30 bombers is kind of steep for Tier I-IV because of how rare Command Centers (CC) are for bombers to get called in that we can shoot down.  For the other 2 tier groups of this mission, it's not a problem at all because CC is found frequently.  The mission needs a tweak, or maybe have CCs show up more in Tier I-IV matches.

Wesrin #2 Posted 03 December 2017 - 11:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 296 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Is the requirement just 30 bombers total, win or lose? Or is it contingent upon a win or other criteria?

If its just 'kill 30 bombers, no matter what' then that isn't so bad. Yeah, lower tiers its not great, but playing at tier IV occasionally gets you into tier V matches. I had no shortage of CC maps when flying my tier IVs.

Fly me closer, I want to hit them with my sword!

HazeGrayUnderway #3 Posted 03 December 2017 - 11:48 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1814 battles

View PostWesrin, on 03 December 2017 - 11:13 PM, said:

Is the requirement just 30 bombers total, win or lose? Or is it contingent upon a win or other criteria?

If its just 'kill 30 bombers, no matter what' then that isn't so bad. Yeah, lower tiers its not great, but playing at tier IV occasionally gets you into tier V matches. I had no shortage of CC maps when flying my tier IVs.

Can't recall because I dropped the mission not long ago, but I think it was regardless of a win or loss.  I had it complete for the other two tier groups long ago but for I-IV, it was pointless to me.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway, 03 December 2017 - 11:49 PM.

SpiritFoxMY #4 Posted 04 December 2017 - 02:08 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4582 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
It's regardless of win or loss. I completed it with tier 3 - 4 while grinding the German HF line. Took me a long time, but I really don't chase missions much

Edited by SpiritFoxMY, 04 December 2017 - 02:09 AM.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

StoptheViolins #5 Posted 04 December 2017 - 03:44 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2179 battles
It's only fun as fun as the earn 30k combat points defending a command center in a multi role.

Mercsn #6 Posted 04 December 2017 - 06:10 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2601 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

Probably belongs in suggestions...but I fully agree there needs to be some concession for the tier IV mission requirements.  The "earn capture points over a factory, plant, or mine" mission is just as bad.  In this mission, it also simply cannot be completed in tier 1 through 4, unless you are in a tier 4 craft and get into a tier 4,5 match.

Ironically, the last time I had that mission, I didn't get a tier 4,5 match for 2 days.  Dropped it, then immediately started getting tier 4,5 matches on maps with the required zone.  Doubly terrible for bad luck!

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users