Display Mastery Points earnings

mastery points

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

pyantoryng #1 Posted 03 December 2017 - 04:05 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles

Make it clear what actions give mastery points...you can't keep the players fooled forever by hiding it.

Scared that they will gun for points? Winning is still a significant part of earning EXP nonetheless. Why hide it?

Make those milestones show how much mastery points they incur for starters.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Mercsn #2 Posted 03 December 2017 - 04:27 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 432 battles

The DO show it....but ONLY when your in the dang battle.  All the little popups you get in the upper right of the screen are mastery related things.  But...there's no breakdown of this AFTER the battle when a player actually has time to review them!

THIS stat should completely replace both the "combat points" and "W-tf, useless chevrons" on the after match summary as well as have a breakdown of what scored mastery on the personal score page.

Great suggestion and I STRONGLY 2nd it!

:honoring:

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

LMG #3 Posted 03 December 2017 - 06:30 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 222 battles
I'd also like to see where I got those mastery points from. It's hard to keep track of the little pop-ups when being shot from 4 directions with the engine on flames and a wing busted :(
This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

HoIo #4 Posted 03 December 2017 - 01:45 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 337 battles
  • [AHOGE] AHOGE

1) damage dealt over time to enemies (every 1k damage dealt perhaps?)

2) planes shot down/assist in shooting down

3) sector capturing

4) when you win, about 1k CP gets added to your points

5) neutral sectors/neutral targets give about half of the points you'd usually earn with the red targets

6) This is the only one I'm not certain on, but there's probably a slight multiplier to CPs after a certain amount of CPs you've gotten if you've stayed alive 

7) the mastery points is based off of how many medals you've gotten/how many achievements you've done

Edited: Wasn't aware this was a discussion for only mastery points. Apologies :hiding:

This is me barely putting my mental energy to work on how the score works in the game.

Edited by HoIo, 04 December 2017 - 01:18 AM.

"So if I have 30 Winged Legends medals... Does that mean I can call myself the Winged Legend?"

"Only if you have the Aces to back that number up."

"Darn... I only have 9 of those!"

pyantoryng #5 Posted 03 December 2017 - 04:04 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles

View PostHoIo, on 03 December 2017 - 01:45 PM, said:

3) sector capturing

5) neutral sectors/neutral targets give about half of the points you'd usually earn with the red targets

6) This is the only one I'm not certain on, but there's probably a slight multiplier to CPs after a certain amount of CPs you've gotten if you've stayed alive 

7) the mastery points is based off of how many medals you've gotten/how many achievements you've done

This is me barely putting my mental energy to work on how the score works in the game.

Mastery Points.

Milestones:

Enemy Combat Group Planes shot down (2/5/8/10/15)

Air Defense Plane destroyed (2/5/8/10/15)

Enemy Plane kill Assists (2/5/8/10/15)

Targets destroyed (2/5/8/10/15)

Combat Points Earned (can't remember the interval...probably 1000/2000/4000...up to 15000).

These seem to reset after you die.

Bonuses:

Avenger

Bombardier (Bomb Kill; the achievement itself is awarded once per plane)

Rocketeer (Rocket Kill)

Ram kill (seriously, it does)

Rear Cover (Rear gun kills)

All of these can be repeated for more mastery points.

It is still unknown whether epic achievements add to mastery points...but most of them has to be awarded postgame as they need victory. Winning do not add anything to mastery points.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

GiN_nTonic #6 Posted 03 December 2017 - 07:43 PM

Captain

• 38 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View Postpyantoryng, on 03 December 2017 - 04:05 AM, said:

Make it clear what actions give mastery points...you can't keep the players fooled forever by hiding it.

Scared that they will gun for points? Winning is still a significant part of earning EXP nonetheless. Why hide it?

Make those milestones show how much mastery points they incur for starters.

Fully agree - id find this game more fun and play it way more often if I could understand how to influence a match more.  As it is I lightly play until they come out with different game modes.

Edited by GiN_nTonic, 03 December 2017 - 07:44 PM.

pyantoryng #7 Posted 03 December 2017 - 08:05 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles

View PostGiN_nTonic, on 03 December 2017 - 07:43 PM, said:

Fully agree - id find this game more fun and play it way more often if I could understand how to influence a match more.  As it is I lightly play until they come out with different game modes.

What you do to earn points do not necessarily influence the match...sometimes the less rewarding action would influence the match more.

Mercsn #8 Posted 03 December 2017 - 09:44 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 432 battles

View PostHoIo, on 03 December 2017 - 07:45 AM, said:

3) sector capturing

View Postpyantoryng, on 03 December 2017 - 10:04 AM, said:

Mastery Points.

Milestones:

Enemy Combat Group Planes shot down (2/5/8/10/15)

Air Defense Plane destroyed (2/5/8/10/15)

Enemy Plane kill Assists (2/5/8/10/15)

Targets destroyed (2/5/8/10/15)

Combat Points Earned (can't remember the interval...probably 1000/2000/4000...up to 15000).

These seem to reset after you die.

Bonuses:

Avenger

Bombardier (Bomb Kill; the achievement itself is awarded once per plane)

Rocketeer (Rocket Kill)

Ram kill (seriously, it does)

Rear Cover (Rear gun kills)

All of these can be repeated for more mastery points.

It is still unknown whether epic achievements add to mastery points...but most of them has to be awarded postgame as they need victory. Winning do not add anything to mastery points.

None of this information gets to the root of the OP's suggestion:  that we have a post game breakdown of what our mastery was derived from in the match we just played.

Mercsn #9 Posted 03 December 2017 - 09:48 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 432 battles

View PostGiN_nTonic, on 03 December 2017 - 01:43 PM, said:

View Postpyantoryng, on 03 December 2017 - 02:05 PM, said:

What you do to earn points do not necessarily influence the match...sometimes the less rewarding action would influence the match more.

While I agree that "mastery points" is a more useful indication of a players contribution in a match than either "combat points" or "chevrons" (which I've decided are almost purely for "pat yourself on the back"), even they don't tell the true tale of what may have actually caused a win.  I have plenty of fairly low scoring games where all I've done is fly around and kill defense bots to pull red zones on the periphery when I realize early that me, my bots, and humans are outmatched in whatever the central "furrball sector" is.    I almost feel bad for the guys with 14k combat points and 4 or 5 chevrons who were happily farming my teammates and "player bots" while I was flying around earning relatively little score but flipping red sectors to blue after their initial capture.   I say "almost feel bad" for those players, who will obviously be frustrated by their loss, because they were content to farm my teammates while I was off winning the game.

:trollface:

Edited by Mercsn, 03 December 2017 - 09:50 PM.

HoIo #10 Posted 04 December 2017 - 01:17 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 337 battles
  • [AHOGE] AHOGE

So if we were to go into it and explain what makes the mastery points happen/how we get them, I'd draw an analogy. Asking for a full breakdown on that, would be the exact equivalent of someone in WoT or WoWS asking for a full breakdown on what gives us experience in those games. It's not terribly hard to gauge what gives us the points and what doesn't. I would like to state that there is most likely a base number of mastery points you earn, depending on whether you've won or lost. 

Also I'd like to apologize for my prior post, it was rather late for me personally, and did not seem to realize the thread was about just mastery points, not both combat and mastery points.

"So if I have 30 Winged Legends medals... Does that mean I can call myself the Winged Legend?"

"Only if you have the Aces to back that number up."

"Darn... I only have 9 of those!"

pyantoryng #11 Posted 04 December 2017 - 02:25 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles

View PostMercsn, on 03 December 2017 - 09:44 PM, said:

None of this information gets to the root of the OP's suggestion:  that we have a post game breakdown of what our mastery was derived from in the match we just played.

Incidentially, I was asking for in-battle display rather than post-battle breakdown.

But why not both?

View PostHoIo, on 04 December 2017 - 01:17 AM, said:

So if we were to go into it and explain what makes the mastery points happen/how we get them, I'd draw an analogy. Asking for a full breakdown on that, would be the exact equivalent of someone in WoT or WoWS asking for a full breakdown on what gives us experience in those games. It's not terribly hard to gauge what gives us the points and what doesn't. I would like to state that there is most likely a base number of mastery points you earn, depending on whether you've won or lost. 

Also I'd like to apologize for my prior post, it was rather late for me personally, and did not seem to realize the thread was about just mastery points, not both combat and mastery points.

Unlike WoT or WoWS, there are none of those gazillion stuff in the EXP formula. Besides, mastery points has to be calculated before EXP payout. Mastery points itself isn't EXP before that.

The great mystery of where mastery points come from...has to go.

Edited by pyantoryng, 04 December 2017 - 02:29 AM.

Mercsn #12 Posted 04 December 2017 - 05:53 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 432 battles

View Postpyantoryng, on 03 December 2017 - 08:25 PM, said:

Incidentially, I was asking for in-battle display rather than post-battle breakdown.

But why not both?

Unlike WoT or WoWS, there are none of those gazillion stuff in the EXP formula. Besides, mastery points has to be calculated before EXP payout. Mastery points itself isn't EXP before that.

The great mystery of where mastery points come from...has to go.

Ah, I misunderstood, partly because I myself have wanted a post match breakdown of where my mastery points from a match came from! lol

And...I say it wouldn't hurt to have those little popups stay there longer (or have a SETTING for how long to have the popup displayed -WG really seems to not like giving us UI/controls options for 2.0!).  And also list the mastery earned in the mastery accomplishment popup.

And...give that same option for how long the popup should take to fade for how long it takes chat to fade.  Nothing like not being able to read a team/flight-mates chat in the instant it pops on screen because you're fighting then having to hit several keys to bring what they said back up again.

WG should have people testing this stuff and giving them feedback for what should be improved....oh wait...we're doing that right now.

Also tagged with mastery, points

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users