Jump to content


The Bomber Bundle...

bomber

  • Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

comtedumas #21 Posted 01 December 2017 - 07:18 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1122 battles
  • 266
  • Member since:
    04-11-2016

That doesn't help me, I just want the one bomber (A26) and don't have the money for all three, one of which I already have....

 


Heard on the forum.  "1.9 was a hardcore air combat sim.  And it had a lead indicator"  HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pyantoryng #22 Posted 01 December 2017 - 07:25 PM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles
  • 6,911
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
The RB-2617 is fun...when nobody is using high alt planes on the opposing side...:bajan:

Edited by pyantoryng, 01 December 2017 - 07:25 PM.


WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

trikke #23 Posted 01 December 2017 - 08:04 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 238 battles
  • 202
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

in my first and only RB bomber battle, there was one other human

 

he flew a german GA, so...  i was free and clear!

 

however, again... i did nothing useful for my team, from what i could see

 

it was nice to see that the bombsight was zoomable, that was the one question that i couldn't find the answer before i bought them

 

i do wonder what all of those markings in the bombsight mean to an experienced bomber, or are they just decorations to make it look authentic



JustinOldDude #24 Posted 01 December 2017 - 09:43 PM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 209 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    10-20-2016

View Posttrikke, on 01 December 2017 - 08:04 PM, said:

in my first and only RB bomber battle, there was one other human

 

he flew a german GA, so...  i was free and clear!

 

however, again... i did nothing useful for my team, from what i could see

 

it was nice to see that the bombsight was zoomable, that was the one question that i couldn't find the answer before i bought them

 

i do wonder what all of those markings in the bombsight mean to an experienced bomber, or are they just decorations to make it look authentic

 

 

Sorry for newbie ? but how do you enable the Bomb site?



comtedumas #25 Posted 01 December 2017 - 09:55 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1122 battles
  • 266
  • Member since:
    04-11-2016

View PostJustinOldDude, on 01 December 2017 - 04:43 PM, said:

 

 

Sorry for newbie ? but how do you enable the Bomb site?

 

left shift puts you in bombsight mode.  
Heard on the forum.  "1.9 was a hardcore air combat sim.  And it had a lead indicator"  HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Destroyer_Suzukaze #26 Posted 01 December 2017 - 09:59 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 277 battles
  • 230
  • Member since:
    06-02-2013

View PostJustinOldDude, on 01 December 2017 - 01:43 PM, said:

 

 

Sorry for newbie ? but how do you enable the Bomb site?

 

if you go into settings and go into controls, all the key mappings are there if you need to find one. 

 



captaingzer0x #27 Posted 01 December 2017 - 10:45 PM

    Senior Airman

  • Member
  • 268 battles
  • 14
  • Member since:
    02-03-2013

View PostJustinOldDude, on 01 December 2017 - 09:43 PM, said:

 

 

Sorry for newbie ? but how do you enable the Bomb site?

 

remember, bomber sight only works on bombers, other planes require freecam.

-----

So I have a question, 3k gold 30 days of prem and the tier 8 seems worth the amount since i assume it will print credits. But does anyone know if the WoWP Bomber bundle refunds gold the same way WoT bundles do if you already own part of it? 



Destroyer_Suzukaze #28 Posted 01 December 2017 - 11:30 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 277 battles
  • 230
  • Member since:
    06-02-2013

View Postcaptaingzer0x, on 01 December 2017 - 02:45 PM, said:

 

remember, bomber sight only works on bombers, other planes require freecam.

-----

So I have a question, 3k gold 30 days of prem and the tier 8 seems worth the amount since i assume it will print credits. But does anyone know if the WoWP Bomber bundle refunds gold the same way WoT bundles do if you already own part of it? 

 

If you pay cash, you get the gold. 

 

If you get a code from a promotion, like the Alienware one, you don't



GhostPrime #29 Posted 01 December 2017 - 11:37 PM

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 19 battles
  • 2,176
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B
  • Member since:
    04-22-2013

View Postcaptaingzer0x, on 01 December 2017 - 02:45 PM, said:

 

remember, bomber sight only works on bombers, other planes require freecam.

-----

So I have a question, 3k gold 30 days of prem and the tier 8 seems worth the amount since i assume it will print credits. But does anyone know if the WoWP Bomber bundle refunds gold the same way WoT bundles do if you already own part of it? 

 

If you buy a bundle from the premium shop and already have one (or more) of the planes, you should get the gold compensation for that. 


Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!


captaingzer0x #30 Posted 02 December 2017 - 12:41 AM

    Senior Airman

  • Member
  • 268 battles
  • 14
  • Member since:
    02-03-2013
Thank you for the confirmation, GhostPrime. ^_^

cobra_marksman #31 Posted 02 December 2017 - 02:24 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 678 battles
  • 112
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-28-2014

View PostGhostPrime, on 01 December 2017 - 06:37 PM, said:

 

If you buy a bundle from the premium shop and already have one (or more) of the planes, you should get the gold compensation for that. 

 

​Ok we understand....if we buy the bundle, & we have the 2 planes already, " we'll get gold compensation for that".  But my question to you is, what about the " 8 out of 17 " tier 8 bomber  parts that were acquired when the special was going on & the time ran out to cash them in. What compensation are we going to get for those 8 bomber parts ?   ​  Some of our members in our Clan are, are in the same boat, and are asking us officers....for answers before they invest $ 67.00 on a set of 3 bombers, in which they already have 2 of them. So can you give us a ball park figure, on what they will get back after investing that kind of money.

Edited by cobra_marksman, 02 December 2017 - 02:25 AM.


Einssniper #32 Posted 02 December 2017 - 02:51 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 622 battles
  • 359
  • [-WS-] -WS-
  • Member since:
    09-11-2015

View Postcobra_marksman, on 01 December 2017 - 09:24 PM, said:

 

​Ok we understand....if we buy the bundle, & we have the 2 planes already, " we'll get gold compensation for that".  But my question to you is, what about the " 8 out of 17 " tier 8 bomber  parts that were acquired when the special was going on & the time ran out to cash them in. What compensation are we going to get for those 8 bomber parts ?   ​  Some of our members in our Clan are, are in the same boat, and are asking us officers....for answers before they invest $ 67.00 on a set of 3 bombers, in which they already have 2 of them. So can you give us a ball park figure, on what they will get back after investing that kind of money.

 

I guess you can purchase bombers still with tokens, and get the gold compensation for that

Mercsn #33 Posted 02 December 2017 - 04:05 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 432 battles
  • 2,589
  • Member since:
    04-17-2013

View Postpyantoryng, on 01 December 2017 - 09:57 AM, said:

 

The real question is can you go up and stay at 4000-4500 meters long enough to tear through said bomber while enduring 1.5km range rear gun fire?

 

Actually, I think Pancake stands the best chance with its high range and ridiculously low stall speed, but it's still mostly theoretics... The best chance against individual bomber is probably still another bomber...

 

View Postpyantoryng, on 01 December 2017 - 10:29 AM, said:

 

That's no premium rounds, it's gunner skill. Just 3 points too, so easy enough to reach.

 

...and no bot RB-17 go beyond 3000 meters.

 

I've killed bot RB-17s in my Yak-3RD and La-9.  So, they must have been around 2000m altitude.  And neither of those craft is particularly durable, especially the Yak.  So...bot ai r gud, I guess.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

 

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

pyantoryng #34 Posted 02 December 2017 - 04:42 AM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles
  • 6,911
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostMercsn, on 02 December 2017 - 04:05 AM, said:

 

 

I've killed bot RB-17s in my Yak-3RD and La-9.  So, they must have been around 2000m altitude.  And neither of those craft is particularly durable, especially the Yak.  So...bot ai r gud, I guess.

 

Player-controlled ones won't be loafing around at 2000-3000 meters...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

LMG #35 Posted 02 December 2017 - 05:56 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 222 battles
  • 285
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Posttrikke, on 01 December 2017 - 03:04 PM, said:

in my first and only RB bomber battle, there was one other human

 

he flew a german GA, so...  i was free and clear!

 

however, again... i did nothing useful for my team, from what i could see

 

it was nice to see that the bombsight was zoomable, that was the one question that i couldn't find the answer before i bought them

 

i do wonder what all of those markings in the bombsight mean to an experienced bomber, or are they just decorations to make it look authentic

 

From what I've seen, the downfall of the bombers is the inaccuracy of their ordnance, often leaving a few buildings standing. They seem to perform a lot better with a GAA to sweep "unfinished business"

 

:playing:

:playing:


This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

cobra_marksman #36 Posted 02 December 2017 - 11:09 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 678 battles
  • 112
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-28-2014

Answer from my ticket request :  We'll be more than happy to assist you with your inquiry. Please know that since the game does not allow two of the same warplane in one account, duplicate purchase of will automatically be compensated with Gold, which is equivalent to the value of the exiting plane. Player will get to keep the hangar slot that came with it.

As for the unused tokens, they will remain in your account unless otherwise an announcement for a compensation will be posted on the Warplanes portal.   They kind of answered my question but dodged the question of existing bomber parts. But they would not give an answer on what we would get for existing bomber parts . Reopened the ticket, and asked again about any & all compensation,( if in fact we did buy the bomber Bundle ).


Edited by cobra_marksman, 02 December 2017 - 04:38 PM.


Adalbertt #37 Posted 03 December 2017 - 03:24 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 30 battles
  • 35
  • Member since:
    08-15-2015
Is the bundle really worth buying? I go already some 70 prem aircraft, but I'm not sure if bombers are any fun and worth spending any money. Also I have very mixed feelings about 2.0 changes. I'm not sure if I like the game as much as I used to. There are also new legislation projects that will affect "free to play" games, so all WG products will change drastically in the future as the whole industry will. I hope for better, but probably it will go in the other direction. Anyway, are those bombers enjoyable enough to spend so much money?

SpiritFoxMY #38 Posted 03 December 2017 - 10:05 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 248 battles
  • 143
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012

I'm thinking really, really, really hard about this. I rarely buy premiums and when I do its for the specific purpose of grinding crew and credits. I already have two Russian premiums, a German and a British premium as well. So this would be an American premium only.

 

But its also bombers and I'm really curious to see how they play. Would be nice to try them out. How much longer before they release them into the trees?



Shizzywiznut #39 Posted 03 December 2017 - 01:32 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 402 battles
  • 140
  • Member since:
    07-08-2014

View Postcobra_marksman, on 02 December 2017 - 06:09 AM, said:

Answer from my ticket request :  We'll be more than happy to assist you with your inquiry. Please know that since the game does not allow two of the same warplane in one account, duplicate purchase of will automatically be compensated with Gold, which is equivalent to the value of the exiting plane. Player will get to keep the hangar slot that came with it.

As for the unused tokens, they will remain in your account unless otherwise an announcement for a compensation will be posted on the Warplanes portal.   They kind of answered my question but dodged the question of existing bomber parts. But they would not give an answer on what we would get for existing bomber parts . Reopened the ticket, and asked again about any & all compensation,( if in fact we did buy the bomber Bundle ).

 

Well, that is a false answer! Most of the planes from the bundles that they were giving away at the start of 2.0 through the e-mailed keys (ex. carrier bundle) I already owned those planes and there was no gold compensation, just as I never received any of the tokens that were earned during the 2.0 test (as they said they would). Of course I am still waiting for them to get my account sorted out for the combat reconnaissance missions and with the responses that I have gotten for that, I doubt it will be fixed before next year.

All of that to say, my level of trust in Wargaming that I would receive gold as compensation on planes that I already own is in doubt. 



Krautjaeger #40 Posted 03 December 2017 - 02:43 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 290 battles
  • 144
  • [KOOKS] KOOKS
  • Member since:
    05-27-2017
I already had the Blenheim bomber through tokens, so got 1100 gold refunded for that one and a hangar slot, though when I received the others it said they came with a special camo pattern but when I looked there were no special camo pattern available for the tier 6 and 8 one. The Blenheim had from before. So either it's a typo when receiving the items, or the camos didn't arrive properly or at all.





Also tagged with bomber

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users