F2G Super Corsair, something wrong with it?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

HazeGrayUnderway #21 Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:27 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 742 battles

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 04 December 2017 - 05:18 AM, said:

I disagree. Even a Zero can't turn fast enough to get more than a fleeting shot at a horizontal BnZ-er if he's forced to turn a 180. The degree gets lower and easier depending on the angle so aim for head-ons with smaller, lighter craft you can vaporize in a pass. At least a 90 degree angle (3 or 9 o'clock). Do not engage otherwise unless he's below 50%. Do not use boost in the approach (I'm often idling on the way in to recover as much boost as I can). Fly up to him, shoot him then boost out if he's a light. More often than not he'll be missing bits n pieces of his plane by the time you're through. The only danger at this point is a Russian with a big derp.

I hate fighting Corsairs. They have every advantage over the Focke Wulf save firepower. They have long enough boost and high enough speed that the 190 cannot outrun them, yet have high enough maneuverability and HP to outturn and outlast in a turn fight.

It doesn't even have to be a Zero.  Nor Spitfire.  Because there are PLENTY of fighters that are simply faster, more agile than the lameduck Corsair.  And they can close very quickly if you think your engine boost and B&Z will save you.  FFS, they put the P80 on sale, right smack with the lame F2G in the same tier.

HazeGrayUnderway #22 Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:29 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 742 battles

View PostEinssniper, on 04 December 2017 - 05:52 AM, said:

you new players have a lot to learn, including how to BNZ attack;

some hidden stats are not listed in the 'stats panel', Cosair gets more

boost meaning you can accelerate at a longer time than normal light fighters,

not to say F6U gets 16 sec boost, almost double those of same tier fighters.

One of the top 3 fighters in tier 9 can 'suck' in your hands, then it's definitely your play style

Well that's all nice and cute, because the F6U isn't a Corsair.  The Corsairs are in Tier VI-VIII.

Einssniper #23 Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:49 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 622 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View Postvonluckner, on 06 December 2017 - 09:42 PM, said:

What's the point then? 

If you're going to play a low impact airplane that runs from pursuers, play a heavy fighter that's actually fast.

If you going to play a high-impact plane which can outturn fighters, play a light fighter that's actually maneuverable;

there's no way for multiroles in the current version to dogfight with fighters.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users