What does WG intend each plane type to be doing in 2.0; a quick reference.

type chevrons roles capture superiority

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Hurk #21 Posted 23 December 2017 - 11:30 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 256 battles
  • [KGR] KGR
its stupid to me that enemy PVP targets are not the single most important thing. 
In Theory, there is no difference between Theory and Practice.
In Practice, there is.

LMG #22 Posted 24 December 2017 - 03:58 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 792 battles

View PostHurk, on 23 December 2017 - 06:30 PM, said:

its stupid to me that enemy PVP targets are not the single most important thing. 

Well, they do give more capture points if killed over a sector (aside of a select few heavily armored ground targets), to the point where it takes about 3-4 player kills to flip a sector. In comparison, to flip an enemy garrison through ground targets I have to kill both armored ground targets, all 3 soft ones and one AA emplacent. In fact, I believe air kills are some of the culprits to the insta-flip myth going around here :sceptic:. From my limited fighter experience, I have found defending sectors to be quite hectic in terms of PvP at times
This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #23 Posted 25 December 2017 - 02:30 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 749 battles
  • [SOL] SOL

View PostHurk, on 23 December 2017 - 09:30 PM, said:

You will still see folks who play with a primarily PVP and/or outright revenge at all costs orientation in-game.

One problem with doing it however is that shooting (if not flying) past closer, more damaged targets, in the scrum over a capture/neutral area to get at a human completely ignores superiority points, which is what 2.0 is now.

Sniping humans on immediate sight may satisfy some players, but the majority of the time all they've ensured is that other player is going to have an ever crappier match than they'd probably already been having.

Basically, the more humans in a match the more they usually focus on each other instead of capping and lose; the more bots in a match, the harder it is for any humans to carry because the AI cannot usually cap OR defend.

View PostLMG, on 24 December 2017 - 01:58 PM, said:

From my limited fighter experience, I have found defending sectors to be quite hectic in terms of PvP at times

And as I've discovered climbing tiers plus reading forum posts not every plane is suited to defending or attacking in an efficient manner for this revamp.

Like say the Zero (Navy line), which are slow on attack but good defenders, where the faster Lavochkin line planes lack the sustained firepower to defend that well; and obviously of course any mark of 'Spit can do either.

Edited by Soylent_Red_Isnt_People, 25 December 2017 - 02:45 PM.

5801234590.png

Also tagged with type, chevrons, roles, capture, superiority

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users