• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Pogo68 #1 Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:24 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 302 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

The Hail From Heaven has a rather distinct error

Per the mission info,

In order to win it says the ff "Become one of the top 3 in the combat group by number of destroyed ground targets in the required number of battle, The battle Results counts only if you win."

The mission counter then says you need to do this 5 times in each of the tier categories.

Problem is that that's not what you actually need to do.

What's happening, for me anyway is that I make 3,000 combat points from killing enemy aircraft without being shot down.

And to do this in 5 battles in each of the Mission groups Tier 1-4, 5-7 and 8-10.

This is the exact mission requirements for the Dust Devil mission.

So somehow they got swapped?

Cause somehow, I've completed 4 of the 5 Hail from heaven in the Tier 5-7 without attacking a single ground target as I was using a Spitfire Mk I for most of those games.

I checked this morning and the Dust Devil mission was gone from my mission list but the Hail from heaven was still there.

And it still says I need to kill ground targets.

Edited by Pogo68, 29 November 2017 - 03:55 AM.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

pyantoryng #2 Posted 29 November 2017 - 04:14 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles

Sometimes, the team's involvement in target killing is so low, that the number 0 becomes top 3, and you get credit for it. Not unlike the olden days when top-10 missions give credit to you anyway when there were only 10 players in the game.

That's what I think...when I got some in my Yak-15.

Edited by pyantoryng, 29 November 2017 - 04:17 AM.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Pogo68 #3 Posted 29 November 2017 - 10:19 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 302 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View Postpyantoryng, on 28 November 2017 - 08:14 PM, said:

Sometimes, the team's involvement in target killing is so low, that the number 0 becomes top 3, and you get credit for it. Not unlike the olden days when top-10 missions give credit to you anyway when there were only 10 players in the game.

That's what I think...when I got some in my Yak-15.

Just complete the mid-tier portion.

My plane had 0 gt kills the GA on my  team had over 3,000 pts from Ground targets, one of the MRF had 1000+ a HF had 2500+.

In terms of GT I had as many GT kills as the other fighters, MRF and HF. 

Edited by Pogo68, 29 November 2017 - 10:20 AM.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

pyantoryng #4 Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:07 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles
Points are NOT kills. Don't confuse them with one another.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Pogo68 #5 Posted 29 November 2017 - 07:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 302 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View Postpyantoryng, on 29 November 2017 - 04:07 AM, said:

Points are NOT kills. Don't confuse them with one another.

No pts from the GT at all.

The only combat points I got were air to air kills

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users