New 2.0 mode suggestion

Team Bots Delete

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Poll: New Mode! (17 members have cast votes)

Add a new mode with no team bots?

1. YES - both no team bot mode and team bot mode (12 votes [70.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 70.59%

2. NO - only current team bot mode only (5 votes [29.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.41%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

LMG #21 Posted 27 November 2017 - 11:52 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 222 battles

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 27 November 2017 - 05:23 PM, said:

There wasn't a pve until 1.6, then the pve invaided the pvp in 1.9. :hiding:

I also guess we have different priorities. 

By PvE I mean the GAA's main role to destroy ground targets. I do not consider PvP with bots instead of players as true PvE

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 27 November 2017 - 06:43 PM, said:

Until you realize the gamemode is pointless once squall line hits, cap points, respawn, are all useless once you only have one life left.

While I have not had any competitive experience, I've had quite a few games where one team beats the other through supremacy, even when they have less planes around. It's all a matter of "do I risk getting that last garrison or defend what I have?" (though I'd like a way to repair my aircraft after the squall line aside of being lucky enough to have an Airbase :sceptic:)

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

nwlxn12 #22 Posted 27 November 2017 - 11:54 PM

Master Sergeant

• 651 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostLMG, on 27 November 2017 - 02:57 PM, said:

You also have to make sure the players enjoy the game mode in the first place, whether or not they have a plane that can do well in it. Personally if WG added back a gamemode similar to 1.x without respawning, and no way for me to avoid playing it, I would most likely end up leaving again.

I have to play the current crap (if I want to play at all).  All you new and returning players pretty much have said to the 1.9 crowd that something needed to be done and either get on board with 2.0 or quit.  Now you are saying you would refuse to play a game mode say 50% of the time if they implemented it along with conquest mode.  This new mode does not appeal to most competitive gamers.  Even with 2.0, the population is still poor (at least in the U.S.) and something still needs to be done if that is going to get better.  WoWP still offers nothing but a casual game mode which gives players no reason to try to accomplish anything long term in this game.  You don't grow your player base by only catering to one kind of player.

GiN_nTonic #23 Posted 27 November 2017 - 11:56 PM

Captain

• 38 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 27 November 2017 - 05:20 PM, said:

They talked about bringing in additional game modes.  My sense is they wont do it until the population can support being split into different modes... a low population will be the death of both.

I dont disagree that is probably what WG is thinking but I personally believe they need the game-modes to see what people truly like.  The whole re-spawn mixed with chaotic mess thing they have going with the current mode is far from WG "brand" of game-type, and I can't help think in the long term this will hurt them more than help.

94EXPOS #24 Posted 28 November 2017 - 02:36 AM

Master Sergeant

• 197 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
I still say bring back the 1.9 mode as an addition to the new 2.0 mode. Player's choice as to what they play. That way you keep the players that were faithful to and liked the 1.9 mode as well as keeping the new players happy that enjoy 2.0. That way there will be no loss of players (maybe too late for quite a few), and there will likely be crossover players as well. Especially if you have different missions for the 2 different modes. I miss my anniversary plane missions and the old daily missions and yes the fact that good human players could actually make a difference in a game. 

ArrowZ_ #25 Posted 28 November 2017 - 02:45 AM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 10 battles

IMO any new additional content from now to new years and moving onwards to next year is welcome regardless of splitting the population from Conquest. I'd rather see an increase in game modes than having us being stuck (again) with just one and them thinking of replacing 2.0 Conquest again in the next few years just because they feel like it. Besides its hard to say for sure whether a low populated server like ours in NA would truly be affected if there was another mode to be made available. For all we know there are players out there who might like alternating between conquest & said new game mode in between their session. One supporting scenario could be if we had a pvp mode purely meant to generate player vs player battles with high levels of competitiveness. And if some don't like that sort of content, don't have the plane fully upgraded, get sick of it etc, they can revert back to conquest to farm some more exp/credits.

It's a gamble at best but Persha needs to do something for next year if there's any hope for WOWP 2.0 to survive. Keeping conquest with slow tech tree updates per 6 month intervals isn't going to work. That's just going down the same direction as 1.X.

Edited by ArrowZ_, 28 November 2017 - 02:48 AM.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users