How keep bases? - i dont get it

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

GiN_nTonic #1 Posted 27 November 2017 - 05:46 AM

Captain

• 226 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

So i was playing tonight and thought i was starting to understand how some of this worked - but i was wrong.  On my map I saw a base being captured by red, so I got to defend only to get there and have no enemy planes around.  No bombers, no automatic missiles coming in...and I watched the base turn.

Can bases just flip on their own?

SpiritFoxMY #2 Posted 27 November 2017 - 05:49 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2763 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

I've heard complaints like this and I don't know the issue. I'm personally inclined to think it was a bomber in the stratosphere outside your view range

Or a friendly AI flew into a mountain. Seen it happen

Edited by SpiritFoxMY, 27 November 2017 - 05:50 AM.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

GiN_nTonic #3 Posted 27 November 2017 - 06:09 AM

Captain

• 226 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 27 November 2017 - 05:49 AM, said:

I've heard complaints like this and I don't know the issue. I'm personally inclined to think it was a bomber in the stratosphere outside your view range

Or a friendly AI flew into a mountain. Seen it happen

Do AI bombers go that high - there wasn't a player bomber in that game? ...and you are saying it wouldn't show in the radar either?

...oh, and I was alone at the base....I didn't see any planes at all friendly or foe.

Edited by GiN_nTonic, 27 November 2017 - 06:10 AM.

LMG #4 Posted 27 November 2017 - 06:23 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2045 battles

View PostGiN_nTonic, on 27 November 2017 - 01:09 AM, said:

Do AI bombers go that high - there wasn't a player bomber in that game? ...and you are saying it wouldn't show in the radar either?

...oh, and I was alone at the base....I didn't see any planes at all friendly or foe.

It's not rare to have bombers fly at >3,000 meters, depending on the battle tier. An enemy aircraft will only show on radar if you or an ally plane can actually see it; I don't know the exact numbers, but I think the max range on vision is about 1,500 - 2,000 meters depending on skills? It could have also been a rare case of the Air Defense Aircraft having an AI fart and crashing. I'm not sure if they can do that while on standby, but I have seen them faceplant mountains while chasing other planes

Edited by LMG, 27 November 2017 - 06:26 AM.

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

SpiritFoxMY #5 Posted 27 November 2017 - 06:52 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2763 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

I once had an AI Blenhiem orbiting at 3500m. At tier 3. The only reason I knew he was there was one of the Defensive Fighters caught a glimpse of him while he was at a lower altitude. Otherwise he didn't show up on the radar until I was at 1300 ft. At tier 3. With a 10% spotting bonus.

So yeah, it is entirely possible you were being hit by an orbital bombardment platform

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

FIight #6 Posted 27 November 2017 - 07:24 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 4145 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

someone dies in that sector;

remember no matter how good you are, if someone dies or get killed over your captured sector, the base will turn very quickly;

they can ruin your effort by rushing into circles and die one after another

pyantoryng #7 Posted 27 November 2017 - 11:59 AM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1670 battles

Keep downing the enemy planes and keep them from downing your team's planes...that's the only way to defend.

If a sector gets struck by military base rockets and no enemy plane go in, the loss is inevitable, because there is absolutely no way to refill the capture points.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Blucraft #8 Posted 27 November 2017 - 04:19 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1351 battles

View PostEinssniper, on 27 November 2017 - 07:24 AM, said:

someone dies in that sector;

remember no matter how good you are, if someone dies or get killed over your captured sector, the base will turn very quickly;

they can ruin your effort by rushing into circles and die one after another

^^ This...also remember that it doesn't matter how much influence your team has; you still lose of everyone dies.

-Blu

Mechadius #9 Posted 27 November 2017 - 05:03 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1195 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
I dont understand the set up either. In two different matches last night I rushed in and took out all red fighters while it was still blue, the defense bots even respawned...no rockets, no bombers, just me and the blue defense bots happy I saved the area....then it turned red....wth
Vode an

LMG #10 Posted 27 November 2017 - 06:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2045 battles
At this point I'd like to see a video of a base suddenly turning red. I'm curious to know if there's actually a bug that caps a base without anyone involved or if something else is going on

GiN_nTonic #11 Posted 27 November 2017 - 07:37 PM

Captain

• 226 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostLMG, on 27 November 2017 - 06:14 PM, said:

At this point I'd like to see a video of a base suddenly turning red. I'm curious to know if there's actually a bug that caps a base without anyone involved or if something else is going on

I went to locate the replay and i guess they haven't been recording.  Did we lose replays?

pyantoryng #12 Posted 27 November 2017 - 07:38 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1670 battles

View PostGiN_nTonic, on 27 November 2017 - 07:37 PM, said:

I went to locate the replay and i guess they haven't been recording.  Did we lose replays?

Yep...they haven't finished with it sadly.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Colddawg #13 Posted 27 November 2017 - 10:23 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 1702 battles
Allies dying in a sector will reduce control over it as well as the suggestion that a bomber is above anyone's view so the base will seem like it's losing control for no reason, however this circumstance would be rare.

Keep your head on the swivel.

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #14 Posted 27 November 2017 - 10:23 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2309 battles
  • [SOL] SOL

For supposedly taking more points to be recaptured after being initially captured (90 -> 120 or 140 -> 180), yeah, something seems screwy when a base you just left suddenly turns with nothing showing on the radar/map.

I've also noticed a few matches where the defender planes can be as much as one if not two map squares away from their cap circle pursing a single enemy aircraft they may suddenly let go because ''reasons''.

One worrying trend across all tiers I keep seeing is friendly bots that will either not finish a red (even as low as 10 health), or superior numbers turn off from pursuing multiple half health reds flying towards a contested cap.

Not only do they let the contested cap get overwhelmed by the damaged reinforcements, more often than not the friendlies fly back to a safe area only to throw themselves & the match away once squall hits.

I'm starting to wonder how far outside the actual circle planes can be downed, whether player/AI or those spawned by the cap itself, but still affect the control counter; and if there is a bug with that distance.

I have also seen a few battles now where one team got a bomber, usually AI, and the other did not, which seems rather counter-productive from a MM standpoint.

Edited by Soylent_Red_Isnt_People, 27 November 2017 - 10:33 PM.

"If they don't chase you after a mile, they don't chase ya.... Maybe it's two miles...."   ---   "You wanna play it soft, we'll play it soft. You wanna play it hard, let's play it hard."

5801234590.png

''Under control? You're grabbing a f**king bazooka, you dumba**!''

Wombatmetal #15 Posted 27 November 2017 - 10:40 PM

• 975 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN
I also wonder if people ditching their planes before a squall contributes. The last person who shot them gets crefit after all

LMG #16 Posted 27 November 2017 - 11:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2045 battles

View PostDestroyer_Suzukaze, on 27 November 2017 - 05:40 PM, said:

I also wonder if people ditching their planes before a squall contributes. The last person who shot them gets crefit after all

If they faceplant within the circle, it gives capture points to the enemy team, no matter if they were damaged by an enemy or not. So please avoid forced landings within the limits of the operational bases :bajan:

Wombatmetal #17 Posted 28 November 2017 - 12:18 AM

• 975 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN

View PostLMG, on 27 November 2017 - 03:55 PM, said:

If they faceplant within the circle, it gives capture points to the enemy team, no matter if they were damaged by an enemy or not. So please avoid forced landings within the limits of the operational bases :bajan:

The area of influence extends past the circle on the minimap. I have chased and killed players beyond the circle and received full credit.

Blast_Radius1 #18 Posted 28 November 2017 - 03:32 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1325 battles
Saw this yesterday, another player mentioned it in chat, too. Blue base flipped to red in seconds, after a pile of reds flew into the area. No explosions, no kills, just a sudden flip to red.

pyantoryng #19 Posted 28 November 2017 - 02:24 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1670 battles
There are so many things that happen around you...a garrison only takes two combat group planes kill without any point gained to flip...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users