AI Bot Bombers, remove please

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

yangmang617 #1 Posted 26 November 2017 - 07:53 PM

Airman Basic

• 293 battles

I think AI bombers need to be removed, and only included to mirror another player in a match up.

The reason is bombers, especially at lower tiers, are pretty troll to the other AI bots.  Bomber goes high altitude, and nearby AI bots, whether high altitude capable or not, struggle for the entire game to climb up.

Since this behavior is entire reactionary on the AI, it isn't consistent and therefore completely unmitigated.  An AI bomber can drag away one, two, or ten bots for the duration of a match.  It's literally an AI bot, trolling and exploiting AI bots.  It contributes to the mess that is the current player/bot interaction.

Can we at least be spared this nonsense when no other players are playing bombers?

thehelmsman #2 Posted 26 November 2017 - 08:13 PM

Senior Airman

• 102 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
This behavior breaks games in the same way heavies used to do, so yes. This needs fixed.

--Helms
The Airfield

CamuMahubah #3 Posted 26 November 2017 - 09:25 PM

Master Sergeant

• 226 battles

Annoying that I cannot acquire a bomber but the bots can..

I don't have the time ok!  I don't gave tier 8 planes and I'm not gonna fail rush up the lines.

But if they were for sale would it be a Type 59 fiasco?

What is the max number of bombers per side?

Mercsn #4 Posted 26 November 2017 - 11:13 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 432 battles

I think ai bombers are fine.  It's the fact that the other ai planes are not programmed with proper ai for handling the conquest mode OR target priority.  If the ai in an HF that could climb that high was "smart" enough to go kill the bomber, no problem with the bomber being there.  If the ai in a low altitude fighter (Yak or Zero, for example) was "smart" enough to not try to attack targets way out of it's altitude operating band, no problem with the bombers.

The issue is not that the ai has bombers.  The issue is that the devs haven't coded the bot ai with how to play game!

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

Stonecoldelf #5 Posted 26 November 2017 - 11:35 PM

Senior Airman

• 377 battles
  • [LOXG] LOXG

I'm not a wild fan of bombers in their current state. I think there is a place for them but they do seem to break the game in the right hands.  Mostly I find the best strat is to just ignore them. The time it takes to chase them down you could be capping another zone with more effect. 

Even if you do bother to hunt one down the moment you get close to the tail end you get completely wrecked. You can't maneuver at all and your plane stalls for an instant death. Not even worth the effort to hunt down imo.

Colddawg #6 Posted 27 November 2017 - 03:58 AM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 241 battles
They're quite inefficient.  They're fine staying in IMO.  Usually I see them getting shot down or shooting down AI aircraft more than they do damage to a CP.

Keep your head on the swivel.

Blucraft #7 Posted 27 November 2017 - 04:16 PM

Senior Airman

• 57 battles

How about no...they're just fine.

-Blu

Mechadius #8 Posted 27 November 2017 - 05:08 PM

Master Sergeant

• 410 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Postyangmang617, on 26 November 2017 - 01:53 PM, said:

I think AI bombers need to be removed, and only included to mirror another player in a match up.

The reason is bombers, especially at lower tiers, are pretty troll to the other AI bots.  Bomber goes high altitude, and nearby AI bots, whether high altitude capable or not, struggle for the entire game to climb up.

Since this behavior is entire reactionary on the AI, it isn't consistent and therefore completely unmitigated.  An AI bomber can drag away one, two, or ten bots for the duration of a match.  It's literally an AI bot, trolling and exploiting AI bots.  It contributes to the mess that is the current player/bot interaction.

Can we at least be spared this nonsense when no other players are playing bombers?

OMG, this is definitely a true statement in my eyes too. Just like heading off to take an area and you have a few blue bots backing you up....then for a second they catch a red on the hud and off they go even though red just appeared in front of you in the area you were about to take
Vode an

MARS_REVENANT #9 Posted 27 November 2017 - 05:38 PM

Colonel

• 809 battles

If there are AI bombers on the enemy team, there are AI bombers, or live bombers on your team therefore they cancel eachother out.  No need to eliminate them.

AI bombers are relatively easy to shoot down with anything but a GA or the tier 3/8 bombers.  The t6 bomber has fairly decent forward firing weapons.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

pyantoryng #10 Posted 27 November 2017 - 05:41 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles

There are two types of AI bombers...the ones that fly the playable bombers, and the ones that come from the command center.

The former can be dealt with easily when you can climb to them...the latter are always at a certain altitude and gets easier to deal with as tier go up.

Also, bombers just cannot compensate for losing the air battle...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

hoom #11 Posted 28 November 2017 - 05:22 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 693 battles

Agree with OP: AI bombers mirroring player bombers is OK but we really shouldn't be seeing 2 bombers per team all AI controlled which is all too common currently.

Maybe I'd be ok with it if I actually flew Heavies commonly I guess...

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users