A question and a random act of kindness

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

CPO_Shrky #1 Posted 26 November 2017 - 06:45 PM

Airman Basic

• 976 battles

I have seen people on Youtube showing off a deal they got for Black Friday that is the Hurricane and the FW 56 premium combo, (at least I think it was the FW 56).  Anyway, I'm not really interested in the FW but would really like the Hurricane.  Trouble is I can't find it anywhere.  Is it an EU only thing?  As for the random act of kindness.  Was in a tier 3/4 game (grinding to the P-47) and we won and the leading guy on our team was Kantiran.  He was in the one tier 4 on our side and did really well.  I pm'd him and said "Seal clubber :) GG".  Apparently he didn't get my sense of humor ( I get that a lot) and responded.  We chatted a bit and I found out he was from Germany and I told him hello form the USA.  Before we left the chat he gave me a code for the P-39 N1 as he had an extra.  Just when you think the world is going to hell in a hand basket...  Anyway just wanted to share that with everyone.

TLDR:  Where can I buy the Premium Hurricane and a public shout out to Kantiran for his kindness.

Scott

Edited by CPO_Shrky, 26 November 2017 - 06:49 PM.

Never run out of altitude, airspeed and ideas all at the same time.

Furysghost #2 Posted 26 November 2017 - 07:02 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3561 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

l believe its EU only heres a link  from gaming bear a UK player to video of the Hurri   https://www.youtube....QCjOcRbY&t=820s

Coll story bout the P39 N1 its a great plane.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #3 Posted 26 November 2017 - 07:47 PM

First Lieutenant

• 485 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostCPO_Shrky, on 26 November 2017 - 01:45 PM, said:

I have seen people on Youtube showing off a deal they got for Black Friday that is the Hurricane and the FW 56 premium combo, (at least I think it was the FW 56).  Anyway, I'm not really interested in the FW but would really like the Hurricane.  Trouble is I can't find it anywhere.  Is it an EU only thing?  As for the random act of kindness.  Was in a tier 3/4 game (grinding to the P-47) and we won and the leading guy on our team was Kantiran.  He was in the one tier 4 on our side and did really well.  I pm'd him and said "Seal clubber :) GG".  Apparently he didn't get my sense of humor ( I get that a lot) and responded.  We chatted a bit and I found out he was from Germany and I told him hello form the USA.  Before we left the chat he gave me a code for the P-39 N1 as he had an extra.  Just when you think the world is going to hell in a hand basket...  Anyway just wanted to share that with everyone.

TLDR:  Where can I buy the Premium Hurricane and a public shout out to Kantiran for his kindness.

Scott

lol... yeah, sure... surprised that he didn't get sarcasm...

Germans are so well known for their great sense of humor.... hehe

jk

:hiding:

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Mercsn #4 Posted 26 November 2017 - 07:53 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1069 battles

You're not missing out on too much with that Hurricane.  It's very wonky to use in battle as the guns it's equipped with are something that would have been used for knocking out tanks or hardened targets and such.  And, without tanks and trains and that sort of thing to shoot at, it feels a bit out of place...and doesn't fly all that well either.  I forget how I acquired mine.  But, it was sometime back around launch, 3.5-4 years ago.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

Psicko23 #5 Posted 26 November 2017 - 10:22 PM

First Lieutenant

• 14 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

As far as the hurricane. I believe it is the hd2 or something like that(I'm not going to research to correct myself). It was a gift airplane or a mission airplane a long time ago. If I could gift it to yoh I would. The plane in game came with a pair of 40mm cannons or so. It was the tank busting variant. However in game it does not have enough to to kill ground targets and the 40mm cannons were harder to hit planes, and the handling wasn't good. You are not missing anything except the occasional one hit derp cannon, which there are plenty other better ones in game that are part of the tech line. 

Edited by Psicko23, 26 November 2017 - 10:23 PM.

ArrowZ_ #6 Posted 26 November 2017 - 11:49 PM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 932 battles
Last I checked there's still a potential 3100+ P-39N owners that can grab one, if they are aware if this giveaway from alienware. Link here for anyone that still haven't redeemed it. (Although it might have just run out - not sure tho)

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

mnbv_fockewulfe #7 Posted 27 November 2017 - 12:31 AM

First Lieutenant

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Keys are only available for members that are Level normal+.

how to get level normal+ ?

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

tmaco #8 Posted 27 November 2017 - 01:28 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 807 battles

Nice to see good deeds and them being acknowledged. Grats to you both.

I wish i qualifed for a key for the P39 n but Alianware detect I am in australia not usa so they say NO.

Maybe Alianware Aus will do a promo one day.:-)

Better still base it around whatyou can watch fly from Temora Aviatopn Musem up the road from me. Boomarang Wirraway Spitfires Meteor Avon Sabers Hudson and Canberra bombers

ArrowZ_ #9 Posted 27 November 2017 - 03:28 AM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 932 battles

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 27 November 2017 - 10:01 AM, said:

illAlt600mgRegular, sans-serif;color:rgb(200,200,200);margin-top:10px;margin-bottom:10px;font-size:18px;text-align:center;background:none;">Keys are only available for members that are Level normal+.

how to get level normal+ ?

No clue wth that means.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

Rarearth #10 Posted 27 November 2017 - 03:46 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 171 battles
  • [JE] JE

View PostPsicko23, on 26 November 2017 - 10:22 PM, said:

As far as the hurricane. I believe it is the hd2 or something like that(I'm not going to research to correct myself). It was a gift airplane or a mission airplane a long time ago. If I could gift it to yoh I would. The plane in game came with a pair of 40mm cannons or so. It was the tank busting variant. However in game it does not have enough to to kill ground targets and the 40mm cannons were harder to hit planes, and the handling wasn't good. You are not missing anything except the occasional one hit derp cannon, which there are plenty other better ones in game that are part of the tech line. 

​Right on posty right here. 14 battles Psicko your killin me lol, yeah I cant stand the game anymore either. at least they left us the forums to troll

FIight #11 Posted 27 November 2017 - 01:16 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 3225 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

not a rare plane, I had one :)

they will sell it on holiday;

P.S. 40mm are really hard to hit and they don't have the DPM as good as P39

Edited by Einssniper, 27 November 2017 - 01:18 PM.

CPO_Shrky #12 Posted 27 November 2017 - 02:17 PM

Airman Basic

• 976 battles

View PostMercsn, on 26 November 2017 - 07:53 PM, said:

You're not missing out on too much with that Hurricane.  It's very wonky to use in battle as the guns it's equipped with are something that would have been used for knocking out tanks or hardened targets and such.  And, without tanks and trains and that sort of thing to shoot at, it feels a bit out of place...and doesn't fly all that well either.  I forget how I acquired mine.  But, it was sometime back around launch, 3.5-4 years ago.

I'm sure it's not a great plane, I just wanted to try those 40mms.  I flew the plane in IL-2 and it was a monster but the ammo was really limited.
Never run out of altitude, airspeed and ideas all at the same time.

Krautjaeger #13 Posted 27 November 2017 - 03:32 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 656 battles
  • [KOOKS] KOOKS

View PostMercsn, on 26 November 2017 - 07:53 PM, said:

It's not easy to aim those 40mm's, that's for sure, but once you get hits planes go down like bam-bam. With practice it could probably wreak a lot of havoc in the right person's hands.

tmaco #14 Posted 27 November 2017 - 04:11 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 807 battles

Hey thank you CPO_Shrky. He paid it forward and found a code to give me.

Much appreciated cobber. I will name our next wombat joey after you and remember to be gracious in victory and defeat. Plus keep my eye out to help others.

Mechadius #15 Posted 27 November 2017 - 05:10 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1195 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostCPO_Shrky, on 26 November 2017 - 12:45 PM, said:

Scott

Thats awesome of the player do something like that. Its the simple things that can make a difference even if its just a minor difference.
Vode an

trikke #16 Posted 28 November 2017 - 02:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1848 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

i've always said that the nicest folks on the internet are on the US wowp server 

except for Mercsn

j/k

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Mercsn #17 Posted 30 November 2017 - 02:03 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1069 battles

View Posttrikke, on 28 November 2017 - 08:11 AM, said:

i've always said that the nicest folks on the internet are on the US wowp server

except for Mercsn

j/k

:ohmy: :amazed: :hiding:

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #18 Posted 30 November 2017 - 04:34 AM

First Lieutenant

• 485 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Posttrikke, on 28 November 2017 - 09:11 AM, said:

except for Mercsn

j/k

he's right, you know that

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users