general observations of conquest game mode and pvp

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

LMG #21 Posted 28 November 2017 - 02:24 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1402 battles

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 27 November 2017 - 09:07 PM, said:

New gamemode doesn't actually add anything better than DM- bad

I feel like the anti-ground battle feels a lot better in conquest. Mostly since I can use my ordnance more liberally instead of saving my bombs to get rid of fighters on my tail every time. If anything I think maps with 3 control zones have too few targets for me to actively shoot at :sceptic:

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

mnbv_fockewulfe #22 Posted 28 November 2017 - 02:51 AM

First Lieutenant

• 231 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostLMG, on 28 November 2017 - 02:24 AM, said:

I feel like the anti-ground battle feels a lot better in conquest. Mostly since I can use my ordnance more liberally instead of saving my bombs to get rid of fighters on my tail every time. If anything I think maps with 3 control zones have too few targets for me to actively shoot at :sceptic:

All for what?

For squall to hit and then its DM mode again with the possibility to win by hiding and point lead. Just like in superiority mode. 

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

Blast_Radius1 #23 Posted 28 November 2017 - 03:15 AM

Master Sergeant

• 1324 battles

View PostThe_World_Needs_A_Hero, on 27 November 2017 - 03:29 PM, said:

The Vet Dream Team lost? lol So much for showing them new guys how to do it....  

As a non-vet who does enjoy 2.0 quite a bit, I still take exception to those who seem to think vets complain about 2.0 simply because they're leet PVPers who can't pwn noobs anymore.

I have read a lot of their complaints, and they make many good points. Sure, some are bitter about it, but wouldn't you be if your game was suddenly clubbed to death and replaced with an inferior product rather than improved on?

The OP went to the trouble of putting the event on, and then recorded his impressions in detail. I found myself nodding along with a lot of what he says.

A little less "Us & Them" and a little more respect for those who put extra time and effort into the development of this game for years on end would be appropriate, I think.

Thanks to the OP for the info, much appreciated.

LMG #24 Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:33 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1402 battles

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 27 November 2017 - 09:51 PM, said:

All for what?

For squall to hit and then its DM mode again with the possibility to win by hiding and point lead. Just like in superiority mode. 

Not really. When squall line hits for me that's like the recess bell ringing, as I can now traverse under the enemy's spawn without worries of suddenly having a heavy fighter show up, and it also means I can safely take down Airfields and Airbases for the same reasons. On top of that, the less players the enemy has, the more I can roam freely. In 1.x I couldn't really do that as the path I had to take to hit ground targets was quite obvious to the enemy team, but here I can actually sneak around through an unorthodox path and catch the enemy off-guard. That's mostly due to ground targets being grouped up in sectors instead of a linear path; I make my own path to get to my destination instead of connecting the dots until a fighter realizes which one should vanish next. If I'm successful, the enemy won't notice me until I'm already hitting their captured sectors pretty hard. If I'm not, then at least I got to shoot stuff before the squall line to make a profit. Worse case scenario, I got to distract a portion of the enemy's forces that could be elsewhere dealing with more important targets, maybe soften them up a bit with my reargunner

Now I'm not saying I wouldn't like some modifications to the squall line, as the respawn mechanic is the main thing that drew me back into 2.0 :sceptic:

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

trikke #25 Posted 28 November 2017 - 02:00 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 1508 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

man, that sounded like so much fun!

except for the confirmed TnBers like myself...   i really should force myself to learn more BnZ tactics 

i'm so ADD that i readily turn fight even in heavies because... "hey, look at that plane over there!"

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users