How to use the repair pad

repair

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

pyantoryng #1 Posted 26 November 2017 - 11:08 AM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2594 battles

People had been wondering how the heck those repair pads work and how do they refuse to repair...I think I have some idea...

Apart of what is stated in the dev blog, there was one detail that was missed/omitted, or is unintentional glitch, or whatever...

Only one plane can get repaired at a time. If two or more planes try to get repairs...NOBODY GETS REPAIRED, PERIOD.

If there is absolutely no enemies over the airbase and you cannot get repairs, someone else might be trying to or is simply in the way. Politely asking them to go away might not be feasible because of ignorance/language barrier/whatever...good thing many people just give up and be on their way so you can get repair when they go away.

While you are defending an airbase and a lull is going on, keep in mind of how the repair pad works and stay out of repair range so others can repair, or leave ASAP after you are repaired to full. You actually can get repair with enemies over the airbase if they are high enough that they constitute "far away", while you cannot get repairs in a clear sector because people don't know how to queue up.

Hope this helps when you need to get repairs when it is available.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

poisonousblood #2 Posted 26 November 2017 - 12:09 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5980 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
yes, i learned that the harder way. I thought that repair wasn't working and I am just wasting time so as I want getting altitude a bloody defense aircraft rammed me and killed me. Then I saw the other teammate who was roaming around the repair field got repaired.

Zigfreid #3 Posted 27 November 2017 - 01:39 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 19557 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

When you cap the airfield there is a 15 second delay, you can see it count down.

After the 15 seconds the wrench will turn from red to blue.

If you shoot at anything or anything shoots at you it will not change to blue.

pyantoryng #4 Posted 27 November 2017 - 12:00 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2594 battles

View PostZigfreid, on 27 November 2017 - 01:39 AM, said:

When you cap the airfield there is a 15 second delay, you can see it count down.

After the 15 seconds the wrench will turn from red to blue.

If you shoot at anything or anything shoots at you it will not change to blue.

Isn't that delay sector lockdown? Pretty sure if the repair pad survives the capturing attempt you can use it immediately provided nobody else is trying to use it.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

MARS_REVENANT #5 Posted 27 November 2017 - 02:08 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5728 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

Woops... wrong thread.

Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 27 November 2017 - 02:15 PM.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

Also tagged with repair

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users