Heck of a loss, and some questions

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

LCPL4ever #1 Posted 24 November 2017 - 11:29 AM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 655 battles

Hello,

New to this game, but been playing WOT and WOWS for years.  I'm really enjoying this game, and I got a lot of free premiums through the deals/codes that are super fun.  I'm just getting frustrated with some of my bot teams and losses.  Holy crap I can do amazing, but I cannot get the bots to help attack or defend areas.  Do they not respond to player input (F2, F3, F4, & F7 commands)?  Is there any way to trigger the GA bots to attack another tgt?  Are some matches doomed from the start to be losses?

Attached Thumbnails

Pogo68 #2 Posted 24 November 2017 - 11:49 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1649 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

Nope.

The bots will respond to a shout for help if

They are not chasing anything

If you are close to them

If they are not an Air Defense bot and you are not in their spawn sector.

As to getting the GA bots to attack a target.

Nope, not happening not  at all.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

pyantoryng #3 Posted 24 November 2017 - 11:54 AM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2594 battles

View PostPogo68, on 24 November 2017 - 11:49 AM, said:

Nope.

The bots will respond to a shout for help if

They are not chasing anything

If you are close to them

If they are not an Air Defense bot and you are not in their spawn sector.

As to getting the GA bots to attack a target.

Nope, not happening not  at all.

Do they give acknowledgment?

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

poisonousblood #4 Posted 24 November 2017 - 12:40 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5980 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

The only way a bot listens to you if you listen to them. I can't prove it but I get the feeling. Follow them, help them capture base fast, they will help you back in time to time. If you let them alone to capture base or kill the incoming bombers, you are gonna lose. You have to take the initiative. God I sound like the dude who speaks at the beginning of the game. I have been playing WoWp too much recently! :kamikaze:

And besides, the best thing about this game is you get the same amount of experience as a winning team. The effort is returned equally to the rewards you get. That's why I do not even have a heart break if I lose with exceptional results.

I really hope Wargaming doesn't change the economy and experience earning characteristics and make it like WoT. This is one of the major reasons I switched to WoWp from WoT.

God bless you WoWp - I love you PS. although customer service didn't allow me an exception to get a bonus code for the WoWp 2.0 introduction. DAMNYOUU!!!

Edited by poisonousblood, 24 November 2017 - 12:46 PM.

mnbv_fockewulfe #5 Posted 24 November 2017 - 01:14 PM

Captain

• 658 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postpoisonousblood, on 24 November 2017 - 12:40 PM, said:

The only way a bot listens to you if you listen to them. I can't prove it but I get the feeling. Follow them, help them capture base fast, they will help you back in time to time. If you let them alone to capture base or kill the incoming bombers, you are gonna lose. You have to take the initiative. God I sound like the dude who speaks at the beginning of the game. I have been playing WoWp too much recently! :kamikaze:

And besides, the best thing about this game is you get the same amount of experience as a winning team. The effort is returned equally to the rewards you get. That's why I do not even have a heart break if I lose with exceptional results.

I really hope Wargaming doesn't change the economy and experience earning characteristics and make it like WoT. This is one of the major reasons I switched to WoWp from WoT.

God bless you WoWp - I love you PS. although customer service didn't allow me an exception to get a bonus code for the WoWp 2.0 introduction. DAMNYOUU!!!

About economy, were we every compensated for changes to the economy? Like, purchased upgrades that now cost more/less with the update?

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

LCPL4ever #6 Posted 24 November 2017 - 02:31 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 655 battles

View Postpoisonousblood, on 24 November 2017 - 12:40 PM, said:

Oh dang, I did not know that.  I thought I was missing out on xp (well my screen shot game would have been nice on x3), but that is cool.  I am use to WOT and WOWS where you get diminished returns if your team loses.

Conal_Cochran #7 Posted 24 November 2017 - 02:36 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 28 battles
I just dont understand the mentality of not caring if you lose. 

LCPL4ever #8 Posted 24 November 2017 - 02:45 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 655 battles

View PostConal_Cochran, on 24 November 2017 - 02:36 PM, said:

I'm super competitive.  I hate losing, especially when I'm running roughshod over the enemy team

trikke #9 Posted 24 November 2017 - 04:31 PM

Captain

• 4629 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

are we certain that there is no bonus 'anything' for winning?     

really?

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

poisonousblood #10 Posted 24 November 2017 - 05:46 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5980 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostConal_Cochran, on 24 November 2017 - 02:36 PM, said:

I am speaking for myself, If I give my best and not get rewarded (with respect to EXP), and then spending 10 minutes on a game gambling whether I might be losing 20k silver from my reserves, this.. I hated this about WoT.

The goal of these games is to unlock tier 10 and have fun with it. First of all, in tier 10 everybody shoots gold and you have to do it too in order to survive which is actually no fun, and then when you get back to the garage you have at least 15k minus average credit income. Don't know about you but I feel like being the biggest loser from all sorts of direction.

BUT in WoWp, every game I can earn up to 2k exp when I give my best even if I lose and I don't lose a massive amount of credits like I do in WoT. This is so much more satisfaction in a free-to-play game. This should be also in WoT.

WoT is so wrong in so many different ways and please don't make me start with that.. they should learn something from WoWp although they are from the same company.

pyantoryng #11 Posted 24 November 2017 - 06:17 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2594 battles

View Postpoisonousblood, on 24 November 2017 - 05:46 PM, said:

I am speaking for myself, If I give my best and not get rewarded (with respect to EXP), and then spending 10 minutes on a game gambling whether I might be losing 20k silver from my reserves, this.. I hated this about WoT.

The goal of these games is to unlock tier 10 and have fun with it. First of all, in tier 10 everybody shoots gold and you have to do it too in order to survive which is actually no fun, and then when you get back to the garage you have at least 15k minus average credit income. Don't know about you but I feel like being the biggest loser from all sorts of direction.

BUT in WoWp, every game I can earn up to 2k exp when I give my best even if I lose and I don't lose a massive amount of credits like I do in WoT. This is so much more satisfaction in a free-to-play game. This should be also in WoT.

WoT is so wrong in so many different ways and please don't make me start with that.. they should learn something from WoWp although they are from the same company.

For WoWP, the "tiered" *daily* missions gives a reason to play at every tier already, so WG can let everything go and allow players to reliably make a killing in tier 10 if they are willing to cut costs.

WoT and WoWS has no such thing, so they are stuck with the top-expensive model to keep everyone from playing tier 10 all the time.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Mechadius #12 Posted 24 November 2017 - 10:57 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1195 battles

View PostLCPL4ever, on 24 November 2017 - 08:45 AM, said:

I'm super competitive.  I hate losing, especially when I'm running roughshod over the enemy team

Same here, very competitive, I have lost matched where I got 25 kills and 26k points playing the objectives not just flying around and shooting people down.....doesnt make much sense and sooooo frustrating
Vode an

mnbv_fockewulfe #13 Posted 24 November 2017 - 11:23 PM

Captain

• 658 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postpyantoryng, on 24 November 2017 - 06:17 PM, said:

For WoWP, the "tiered" *daily* missions gives a reason to play at every tier already, so WG can let everything go and allow players to reliably make a killing in tier 10 if they are willing to cut costs.

WoT and WoWS has no such thing, so they are stuck with the top-expensive model to keep everyone from playing tier 10 all the time.

We also have the feature "no clan wars" to keep us from playing T10 all the time.:great:

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

Pogo68 #14 Posted 25 November 2017 - 12:03 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1649 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View Postpyantoryng, on 24 November 2017 - 03:54 AM, said:

Do they give acknowledgment?

Nope.

And their ability to get rid of the bandit behind you....

Let's just say it's hit for me.

Sometimes, bot help arrives, spends some time shooting at the red plane, but I kill the bandit before they do.

Edited by Pogo68, 25 November 2017 - 04:10 AM.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

pyantoryng #15 Posted 25 November 2017 - 03:14 AM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2594 battles

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 24 November 2017 - 11:23 PM, said:

We also have the feature "no clan wars" to keep us from playing T10 all the time.:great:

I always forget about that...I've never wanted to be involved with clams all these years...:hiding:

But hey, tier 10 was the best place to do certain missions on in the past (Need 30% damage of entire team and over 2000 damage? Grab a tier 10 and go down some bot GA!) so there's that...

Mercsn #16 Posted 25 November 2017 - 04:02 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2616 battles

View PostMechadius, on 24 November 2017 - 04:57 PM, said:

Same here, very competitive, I have lost matched where I got 25 kills and 26k points playing the objectives not just flying around and shooting people down.....doesnt make much sense and sooooo frustrating

"Player bots" don't earn increased respawn timers when you kill them the way players do.  So, you can sit in one zone and farm respawning "player bots".  However, you're bots could be floundering around in the 2 or 4 other zones on a map (and your player teammates strafing ground targets in the multi-role fighter -because a lame loading screen "told them to").   So, while you're racking up a huge score, you're team has lost control of all the other sectors.

Or WORSE, you manage to kill off the entire enemy team JUST BEFORE squall line, so 10-40 seconds later, here  they come in a wave with fresh aircraft and wreck your wounded team to steal a match.  When it's close to squall line and you're team is holding a lead in zones and score, try to wound as many fighters as you can so that you and/or your bots can finish them off quickly after the squall line.  Several times, I've wounded and then just chased the top player on the other team around until squall hit and I could finish him off without worry of him coming back into the fight.

Not all bots are created equal.  Some will fly off and capture objectives.  Others will flounder around.  In this regard, MM and luck really do pick a winner.  But, because of the squall line dynamic, a team that appears beaten can often come back after squall line, with your prodding, to steal a victory.  When you get in that farming zone and just keep wrecking planes you FEEL like you're really doing something. But, if your bots and players won't go off and capture stuff while you're holding the enemy team at bay, you lose.  It's hard to do, but sometimes you may have to give up that sector you've been holding and go recapture a couple for your team and hope the bots can hold off those incoming respawns.   You, and the OP, are good enough that you can solo anything but a factory zone in a fighter.

And...don't forget that if your team leaves bombers alone, they'll flip a blue zone to red.  Same thing with missile zones, given enough time.  If you are farming kills in a garrison or airfield, you may have a great game, but you'll likely lose.

It can be pretty random.  The conquest mode is needlessly complex.  Lots of players had a difficult enough time grasping the previous supremacy game mode.  The new mode is much more complex and much more random when you factor in the lack of cooperation and teamwork that bots guarantee.  So, it's ironic that 1.x players complain that the new flight model and gameplay is easier, but both the actual game mode and even "daily" missions are much more difficult.

The bots need to be programmed with how to win in this game mode.  As it is, they're teaching new player lots of bad habits.  They also need to be of equal skill and "motivation" across both teams.  We've all had matches where we're fighting with the other 1 or 2 humans in a certain zone...and then while that's happening one team's bots just goes out and crushes the other team's bots.  If I'm in a match with only 1 human on each team and am engaging the other human and I get a 4 or 5 cap on him, that's flat out the bots and MM picking the winner.  There's nothing that player can do to win.  There's nothing I can do to lose.  My bots were better than his.  Unfortunately, it's much more noticeable when it's the other way around because those losses sting so much worse.

I had a match just last night where I actually said out loud, "oh wow! I'm proud of the bots, they went and capped everything while I was taking this zone."  There were 2 humans on each team; 5 cap win.

Well, enough of my rambling here. I just hate bots picking winners and losers.  I hate that the new mode is needlessly complex and that the bots aren't programmed with how to win at it...and that new players aren't exposed to winning tactics when they play with bots.

Oh, as for the "do bots respond" question... I'm mixed on that. I've seen posts where people claim they do not respond in this iteration, but that they did previously.  Since I'm newly returned for 2.0 and after reading that they responded in 1.x, I've started using F7 (enemy on my tail) a lot in fights and it seems that more often than previously the "player bots" will come in and lend a hand.  I've also noticed that using this has seemingly increased the rate at which enemy bots will disengage with me and go after a teammate, allowing me a nice shot on their tail.  Or, it could be placebo.  I'm pressing f7 so it feels like these events are happening more or more often when I press f7 than when I didn't.

Why would I need to even press f7 when the ai can see everything and should know it should help a teammate out?

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

Wombatmetal #17 Posted 25 November 2017 - 09:49 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1141 battles
I only have a few hundred games in, all solo. WR doesn't mean anything yet. Come back and talk to me in a couple thousand matches

gmann14 #18 Posted 25 November 2017 - 12:38 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2938 battles

Had a bot clear my tail when I had some fighter bot focus me and we both had similar planes and I couldn't quite get away from him..  A fn bot chased me down across half the map til I flew back towards my bots spamming clear my tail and request support keys.. and one of them turned towards and did shoot at enemy bot which broke off his pursuit and allowed me to finally turn around and kill him.. So fun n engaging™ mechanics, having  bots fall in love and chase a player forever.. wthis that.?? I must be missing something.

Moonrider #19 Posted 25 November 2017 - 07:00 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 3655 battles

View Postgmann14, on 25 November 2017 - 08:12 AM, said:

Another for the ignore list.

Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal.
-- Albert Camus

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users