• This topic is locked This topic is locked
80 replies to this topic

KloudRains #61 Posted 24 November 2017 - 10:28 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 14415 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
 This server peaked at less than 400 players a day. For the last 2 years

View Postramp4ge, on 23 November 2017 - 09:10 PM, said:

Implying here that the game had an active playerbase before 2.0.

Protip: It didn't. This server peaked at less than 400 players a day. For the last 2 years.

Don't blame new players for an issue that's existed since the game went live.

The game often had 500-600 at any one moment.  We could not see directly how many accumulated during a given day. If you made reference to in-game stats for rankings the numbers had to be in the thousands accumulated per day

mnbv_fockewulfe #62 Posted 24 November 2017 - 10:32 PM

Captain

• 653 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostKloudRains, on 24 November 2017 - 10:28 PM, said:

This server peaked at less than 400 players a day. For the last 2 years

The game often had 500-600 at any one moment.  We could not see directly how many accumulated during a given day. If you made reference to in-game stats for rankings the numbers had to be in the thousands accumulated per day

Wouldn't the total number of players on in a day be something like the area underneath the graph?

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

ArrowZ_ #63 Posted 24 November 2017 - 11:56 PM

Captain

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1049 battles

I'll weigh in here - but not the kind of response that you're thinking with the recent arguments about an already outdated server statistics graph :teethhappy:

Between 2016-2017, having watched the growth of the player online indicator ingame during 1.9 (which to some people in this forum think is a false indicator of how many actually play the game) - I can safely say we've had some disappointing lows to some surprising highs, especially during WG events such as War Cache, Thor's Hammer, Axis vs allies & Japanese Threat. Don't forget WOWP didn't start with x3 weekends coupled with some high mission rewards for the 2 day weekend period. This got implemented probably sometime late last year (maybe even this year). Before that people didn't have much enthusiasm to play on the weekends other than getting free exp anniversary missions. So this does play a factor quite a bit during the weekly high peak period of players "online" that are either just hanging in the hangar area checking out missions,anniversaries, or actually playing the game.

Then there were also months where basically nothing occurred. No WG events. No special reward missions. A few minor special bundles here and there but weren't enough to persuade paying customers. And between 2016-2017 we've had more than one occurrence of these "dead periods". And it was during these multiple quiet months where WOWP NA really suffered hard. Averaging (and I'm just basing this on what I saw on the ingame online indicator) 300-400 players online per day, peaking at 500-550 during weekends. I lost count how many times WG had plenty of chances to uplift this symptom of having a dead population, where they could have done something to increase the interest even just a few short periods. But no they did squat. Not until the War cache or japanese threat or axis vs allies event came in. And THAT is when our population started to rise blatantly up to 800-900 per day.

I mean what are the odds that people would actually touch a game that was considered so dead last year, only to see a bump in our player online indicator to reach 800+ and even higher during weekends. And you wouldn't know this had occurred unless you had played during these event periods in 1.9.

Bottom line: Give people an incentive to play, regardless of the game's iteration client and they will come in droves. What I see with 2.0 is exactly the same mistakes they made prior to the launch of this game. But there's no point in me repeating that since majority of us already know this to be true. And in time 2.0 players will also realise this and will have to make a choice just like we did during the 1.5 fiasco - do we stay and stick it out and hope for more content? Or do we just ditch WOWP now and be done with it? Alot of us got robbed when 2.0 got pushed even though I & many others knew it was no where near ready for release (sound familiar? WOWP 1.01 was in the same direction).

Anyway that's my 2 cents. Take it for what it is. I've seen so much [edited]from this publisher and this developer who has no interest in interacting with this region.

Edited by ArrowZ_, 25 November 2017 - 12:07 AM.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

Wombatmetal #64 Posted 25 November 2017 - 03:36 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1141 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostGouIdy, on 24 November 2017 - 04:41 PM, said:

That is not that good considering WOT peak server numbers for the last day is 681 k.

Also consider that WT is tanks, ships, and planes rolled into one

CamoCladWarrior #65 Posted 25 November 2017 - 07:41 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 67 battles

View PostDestroyer_Suzukaze, on 25 November 2017 - 03:36 AM, said:

Also consider that WT is tanks, ships, and planes rolled into one

And there are options for different game modes (arcade and sim etc.), a huge mistake WoWP made was simply abandoning the old game for conquest.  I think 2.0 would have been much less painful if they just created conquest as an second game mode...

comtedumas #66 Posted 25 November 2017 - 08:50 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 6887 battles
  • [FK] FK

View Postmullyman, on 24 November 2017 - 11:31 AM, said:

​2.0 will go right down the same toilet once the participation trophy kids realize its just as boring as 1.xxxx.

No end game content = dead game no matter what the X.0

then why are you still here [edited]about it?  

Dell Inspiron 5675 Ryzen 1700X

32 GB Ram

500Gb Samsung Evo 960 game drive

Crucial MX500 250GB 3D NAND SATA M.2 Type 2280SS Internal SSD - CT250MX500SSD4

AMD RX 580 8GB video card.  

comtedumas #67 Posted 25 November 2017 - 08:56 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 6887 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostGouIdy, on 24 November 2017 - 07:41 PM, said:

That is not that good considering WOT peak server numbers for the last day is 681 k.

again, that was on thanksgiving day.  

Dell Inspiron 5675 Ryzen 1700X

32 GB Ram

500Gb Samsung Evo 960 game drive

Crucial MX500 250GB 3D NAND SATA M.2 Type 2280SS Internal SSD - CT250MX500SSD4

AMD RX 580 8GB video card.  

jack_wdw #68 Posted 25 November 2017 - 09:01 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 2475 battles

View PostSithSteel, on 24 November 2017 - 09:05 PM, said:

I'm new, but, at least speaking for myself, I regularly play in games where at least half the team is human. Maybe its because I'm in T5/T6, I dunno, but that's been my experience.

The virtual tumbleweeds appear mainly in the last tiers. 

JeanneAlter #69 Posted 25 November 2017 - 09:31 AM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 411 battles
  • [PANSY] PANSY
I'm on at least a few times every day. You probably have seen me at least a few times!

GouIdy #70 Posted 25 November 2017 - 01:51 PM

First Lieutenant

• 6 battles

View Postcomtedumas, on 25 November 2017 - 03:56 AM, said:

again, that was on thanksgiving day.  

Again it was only thanksgiving in the US & the NA server which includes Canada, US, Mexico & South America only accounts for 3% of the WOT population for that day. I think you might be missing a couple letters in your name.

trikke #71 Posted 25 November 2017 - 03:51 PM

Captain

• 3807 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostSithSteel, on 24 November 2017 - 04:05 PM, said:

I'm new, but, at least speaking for myself, I regularly play in games where at least half the team is human. Maybe its because I'm in T5/T6, I dunno, but that's been my experience.

i had several t4 battles early this Saturday morning that were 5 vs 5 humans, but most were 3 vs 3, followed closely by 4 vs 4

unfortunately, the more humans means higher loss percentages for me, so... i'm more than okay with bots

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Pogo68 #72 Posted 25 November 2017 - 05:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1649 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View PostArrowZ_, on 24 November 2017 - 03:56 PM, said:

I'll weigh in here - but not the kind of response that you're thinking with the recent arguments about an already outdated server statistics graph :teethhappy:

Between 2016-2017, having watched the growth of the player online indicator ingame during 1.9 (which to some people in this forum think is a false indicator of how many actually play the game) - I can safely say we've had some disappointing lows to some surprising highs, especially during WG events such as War Cache, Thor's Hammer, Axis vs allies & Japanese Threat. Don't forget WOWP didn't start with x3 weekends coupled with some high mission rewards for the 2 day weekend period. This got implemented probably sometime late last year (maybe even this year). Before that people didn't have much enthusiasm to play on the weekends other than getting free exp anniversary missions. So this does play a factor quite a bit during the weekly high peak period of players "online" that are either just hanging in the hangar area checking out missions,anniversaries, or actually playing the game.

Then there were also months where basically nothing occurred. No WG events. No special reward missions.

Heh.

First year WoWP did not have anything going on the NA Server for December 7th.

They've also had the Battle of Britain thing without a proper Hurricane.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

mnbv_fockewulfe #73 Posted 25 November 2017 - 09:28 PM

Captain

• 653 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

it took me 3000 battles to get to T8. :hiding:

and you already have two? :P

where's muh quarters.

S4pp3REffecT #74 Posted 25 November 2017 - 10:06 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 539 battles
  • [151RW] 151RW

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 26 November 2017 - 07:28 AM, said:

where's muh quarters.

300... Sorry :-/

I did spent a little bit on specials though... That + a string of x5s/x3s...

And I'm still 1/2 way to 2nd 8, probs going to focus on HF/MR at 6 as I'm only good at fighters ATM...

Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Chokai #75 Posted 26 November 2017 - 05:23 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 45 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostJohnny_Wishbone, on 24 November 2017 - 07:17 PM, said:

This is how you recognize a pudgy, middle-aged guy who gets overly attached to WWII games because his wife won't pay attention to him anymore and he needs something to do at night.  :teethhappy:  What people like you seem to forget, partner, is that it wasn't the kids who came up with the participation trophies, it was the adults, because they desperately wanted something to put on the mantelpiece for all the money and time they poured into their precious little crotchfruit.

In summary, any time you hear someone b*tching about "kids these days" or using that concept to put people down, you know not to take that person at all seriously.  I'm one of the "participation trophy" generation, so let me relate to you a cold, hard fact:  IF there is anything wrong with my generation, it's because we were raised by your generation.

Calm down. I'm 22 myself, biggest problem I see with this world is people dividing themselves into generations and crap. But I will say- we live in perhaps the most peaceful time. We have more power in our phones than entire libraries. We have access to heat, AC, cars, and more. And all I see and hear is people [edited]and moaning. "I didn't get the latest iPhone!" "I can't afford these payments!" Well crap, maybe don't put stuff on credit. 

The (not so) amazing Chokai is back! And he's hit all his personal goals sans one! Seriously though, nice to be back, looks like he game is improving. I continue to try to recruit new people.

ramp4ge #76 Posted 26 November 2017 - 06:48 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6 battles

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 25 November 2017 - 01:28 PM, said:

where's muh quarters.

This guy got a tier 8 in less than 184 games.

And it kind of shows.

Sometimes I'd rather have bots.

trikke #77 Posted 26 November 2017 - 12:57 PM

Captain

• 3807 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
please no stat shaming

mnbv_fockewulfe #78 Posted 26 November 2017 - 01:53 PM

Captain

• 653 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
Its not shaming if you hide the name.

trikke #79 Posted 26 November 2017 - 03:11 PM

Captain

• 3807 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 26 November 2017 - 08:53 AM, said:

Its not shaming if you hide the name.

lol...   i thought W O W was the guy's name

wow

HoIo #80 Posted 27 November 2017 - 09:41 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1427 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostCamoCladWarrior, on 25 November 2017 - 12:41 AM, said:

And there are options for different game modes (arcade and sim etc.), a huge mistake WoWP made was simply abandoning the old game for conquest.  I think 2.0 would have been much less painful if they just created conquest as an second game mode...

I have to say, out of the cluster[edited] that ensued in this thread, this is the one thing I'd have to agree with despite being a post-2.0 "ADHD crowd" peep. It would've been a better decision for nothing other than to keep the old crowd here, while having something else for the new crowd to be interested with.

Overall as far as this entire thread goes, the point that this game was not doing too hot is, and should be considered a fact at this point. The point that 2.0 has certainly brought a fresh breath of life to the game is, and should be considered a fact at this point.

Now on to my personal two cents: 

Seeing old folk here throwing 2.0 out the window disappoints me a little. 

"We wanted historical planes!"

"We wanted a better version of the old game: not a new game!"

"We dislike millenials!"

Etc, etc. 

Look, your old game was the reason the population was down so low. Either of the other communities of WG games can tell you this, and so could WT community probably. I even talked to an old dog of this game while playing the game, and we chatted back and forth about how he didn't want to keep playing any more because of the changes they made in the old game, and how the new game brought him back. We can sit here and point out how "oh but that's an anecdotal case!" and then I turn around and say it's the exact same situation here with the complaining. Either way, that wouldn't be fruitful, so cheers eh? 

Now, on to the historical planes bit. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... And for further point of proving: http://coub.com/view/5rjjw 

I digress. You came to the Wargaming arena for historical accuracy, even though they, time and time and time again have shown that it's to be considered strictly arcade? You're like a cat who discovered the laser light, then chased after it, and then once getting it, are confused why you didn't catch it. Go to WT if you want a simulator.

Now let's talk about this whole generational speakin'. We all got our faults. Millenials moan about personal problems, then old folk moan about millenials moaning about their problems. Even though if we turned around and looked at old folk we could probably find most of these problems stemming from them. Treat a generation as a stereotype, you'll get yourself stereotyped.

tl;dr 

Fact of it is: the game is definitely more lively than before 2.0, and on top of that the game can be considered "better" if for nothing else other than it's more lively now. Generational trash talk should just stop, we've all soiled our diapers, and we've all got [edited] on our hands. And if you want a simulator game, go to War Thunder. WG titles have long since been strictly arcade.

Cheers lads, and I'll see you guys in the clouds :honoring:

-Gets 8th in average experience per game-

"Hey guys, I'm in the top 10 :trollface:"

"What about your win rate"

"Oh we don't need to talk about that do we...? Right?"

Also tagged with gameplay

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users