where are all the rl players

gameplay

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
80 replies to this topic

MUMBLESRUMBLES #1 Posted 23 November 2017 - 02:52 PM

Senior Airman

• 1031 battles
  • [VKW] VKW

im getting tired of the bots in the majority when you play. i have been team killed 2 times now by team bots being rammed. yes, they rammed me, i didnt ram them.  I also find overall, the game is okay, yet expensive to play. the maps are kinda boring with little ground movement like tanks, and supply trucks as distraction targets to hit. it needs some ground moving targets and the ships that have anti aircraft abilities actually need to be moving around, and not static. night time is also needed, oh another thing, all, and i mean all buildings regardless of where they are, must be destructible, even non targets...

I can see why your not getting rl players, based on what I have observed. the game gets old fast. is kinda a 2 dimensional thinking process in its design, and doesn't meet my expectations, after playing war thunder for so long, this game is still lagging behind.  i feel you still got a lot of work to do to make this game far more enjoyable.

i will still play, however, i will not spend any money on this game, other than a bit i did at the beginning. its not yet worthy of asking for the large amounts you are asking for.

Krautjaeger #2 Posted 23 November 2017 - 03:31 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 926 battles
  • [KOOKS] KOOKS

View PostMUMBLESRUMBLES, on 23 November 2017 - 02:52 PM, said:

im getting tired of the bots in the majority when you play. i have been team killed 2 times now by team bots being rammed. yes, they rammed me, i didnt ram them.  I also find overall, the game is okay, yet expensive to play. the maps are kinda boring with little ground movement like tanks, and supply trucks as distraction targets to hit. it needs some ground moving targets and the ships that have anti aircraft abilities actually need to be moving around, and not static. night time is also needed, oh another thing, all, and i mean all buildings regardless of where they are, must be destructible, even non targets...

I can see why your not getting rl players, based on what I have observed. the game gets old fast. is kinda a 2 dimensional thinking process in its design, and doesn't meet my expectations, after playing war thunder for so long, this game is still lagging behind.  i feel you still got a lot of work to do to make this game far more enjoyable.

i will still play, however, i will not spend any money on this game, other than a bit i did at the beginning. its not yet worthy of asking for the large amounts you are asking for.

Depends on what time of day you play, and what tiers at this moment. As new players are coming in people are still in lower tiers for one, secondly WoWp has a rare gift and that is all tiers are really fun to play which means new players may get "stuck" for a time playing low tiers as they are loving it. I usually play from 10am-7pm Eastern (yes, I do take breaks) and on tiers 2-6 I quite often only see 2-3 bots max up to 5-6 on average. If I go to tier 8, that is another matter but as mentioned earlier people need time to get there. If you wonder who's who on a team, I made this small mod that's show you: http://forum.worldof...os-the-ai-bots/

mnbv_fockewulfe #3 Posted 23 November 2017 - 03:37 PM

Captain

• 601 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
Also, the difference in planes as you progress through a tree is negligible meaning you have less incentive to grind out trees.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

jswap #4 Posted 23 November 2017 - 04:29 PM

Master Sergeant

• 3106 battles
OP has some good ideas.  I'd like to see train lines with moving trains on them that can be strafed and bombed.  Also, I'd like to see a minimum of 4 human players per side in each game.  1 human per side is annoying.

Krautjaeger #5 Posted 23 November 2017 - 04:57 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 926 battles
  • [KOOKS] KOOKS
Thing to consider here is that there is a whole lot of people out there that does not mind fighting bots at all, and rather prefer it to humans. In WoWs f.ex., about 30% of the player base plays Co-Op vs AI-bots only and this number is growing. If these come over here, one would have a stable base of people that just prefer PvE in a sense.

Helsemaine #6 Posted 23 November 2017 - 08:52 PM

Senior Airman

• 467 battles

I like your ideas. The bots are great fun to kill though, so I like them.

I did try War Thunder a few weeks ago, and I found the graphics were very dated, the interface confusing, and the controls were also confusing. I haven't uninstalled it yet. Not sure what I want to do with it, but WoWP is just perfect IMO. I've been playing since 2.0 launched. I think it's a lot of fun.

ramp4ge #7 Posted 23 November 2017 - 09:10 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6 battles

View PostCamoCladWarrior, on 23 November 2017 - 07:22 AM, said:

The answer is what we have been saying since 2.0 was inflicted upon us, if someone wanted to play this type of game, Warthunder already fills the need and does it better.  The ADHD crowd that praised the new game when it first came out are probably already on to the next shiny object that had caught their attention and the old timers that are still in disbelief of what happened to the game they have played and loved for the last several years are giving up hope anyone will listen to their complaints...  I went from playing hundreds of games a week to suffering through playing one or two a week just to see if anything has been fixed.  I don't see it getting better, especially since they are now ineptly creating impossible missions and having to backfill a team based game with mindless bots that don't have a concept of what is needed to win the game.  Since one person cannot determine the outcome, only having a couple of people in the game makes it completely random and frustrating to the point even more people are bleeding off.  Looks like the game is in a death spiral.  It is sad really.

Implying here that the game had an active playerbase before 2.0.

Protip: It didn't. This server peaked at less than 400 players a day. For the last 2 years.

Don't blame new players for an issue that's existed since the game went live.

Edited by ramp4ge, 23 November 2017 - 09:10 PM.

Furysghost #8 Posted 23 November 2017 - 09:18 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3561 battles

OP threw out some good ideas.

l tried War Thunder twice and uninstalled it twice it had zero appeal to me.

l tried this game prior to 2.0 when it launched and it was sad l soon quit and only came back for 2.0.

2.0 is far better for myself and thats also with the understanding that its still WIP and there are bots involved.

l have no dog in the fight as far as the 1.9/prior crowd goes l never played it.

Reality is 2.0 is the game now and l hope they continue to grow and improve it as l see myself sticking around for a while.

Wknds and certain times of the day the RL players are certainly there and l think the number seems to have grown.

lt may take a while but my hope is that in time the game pop is where the RL players are bulk of every battle or make up entire team.

Edited by Furysghost, 23 November 2017 - 09:20 PM.

Johnny_Wishbone #9 Posted 23 November 2017 - 09:24 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 505 battles

View PostCamoCladWarrior, on 23 November 2017 - 07:22 AM, said:

The ADHD crowd that praised the new game when it first came out are probably already on to the next shiny object that had caught their attention and the old timers that are still in disbelief of what happened to the game they have played and loved for the last several years are giving up hope anyone will listen to their complaints...

I'm both; so where do I stand?

Also, feel free to not share your thoughts about ADHD.

Edited by Johnny_Wishbone, 23 November 2017 - 09:25 PM.

Furysghost #10 Posted 23 November 2017 - 09:27 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3561 battles

View PostJohnny_Wishbone, on 23 November 2017 - 01:24 PM, said:

I'm both; so where do I stand?

Also, feel free to not share your thoughts about ADHD.

Good point Johnny.

Pogo68 #11 Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1649 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

I'm on the NA server 

I use to be on at about 8pm - 1am Pacific time.

With 2.0, that time is now 10pm to 12pm, maybe 2am if I'm not able to sleep.

Lost a lot of interest, so catching up on my tv viewing.

So far, I've caught up on all six seasons of Longmire.

I've finished all of Marvel's Netflix shows.

Caught up on Arrow, Supergirl and Flash.

All of Dark Matter.

Red Shoe Diaries.

NCIS (original series)

SEAL Team.

The Unit

Strike Back (all seasons)

Downtown Abbey is next.

Edited by Pogo68, 23 November 2017 - 10:25 PM.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

trikke #12 Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:28 PM

Captain

• 3379 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Postjswap, on 23 November 2017 - 11:29 AM, said:

OP has some good ideas.  I'd like to see train lines with moving trains on them that can be strafed and bombed. 

i have a poor memory, but didn't we have a short time period in Alpha or CBT when there were trains with AA guns on boxcars appearing from tunnels, then disappearing into another tunnel 

i wonder why they pulled them out?

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

ramp4ge #13 Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:52 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6 battles

View Postmullyman, on 23 November 2017 - 02:25 PM, said:

"Protip: It didn't. This server peaked at less than 400 players a day. For the last 2 years."

Still too dumb to actually use stats that are correct.  Nothing new here.

Got stats that are more accurate than a stat-keeping website?

I'd love to see them, considering you've never produced them before.

Ever.

Mercsn #14 Posted 24 November 2017 - 12:30 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2601 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

RL player here!  I hate the bots. Feel free to comment in my thread "Ditch the bots..."

I hate to hear players say the 2.0 game is to blame, it's fun!  There's room for improvement, but it's fun pew-pew and not the sim-tastic, fly one mission a night game that the competition is.  The bots need to be programmed on how to actually win the conquest game mode, if they are going to be used. I agree that their current behavior makes the game unfun when your team gets the bad bots or the other team gets a player who can wreck them faster than you.

Edited by Mercsn, 24 November 2017 - 12:31 AM.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

mnbv_fockewulfe #15 Posted 24 November 2017 - 12:45 AM

Captain

• 601 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostMercsn, on 24 November 2017 - 12:30 AM, said:

RL player here!  I hate the bots. Feel free to comment in my thread "Ditch the bots..."

I hate to hear players say the 2.0 game is to blame, it's fun!  There's room for improvement, but it's fun pew-pew and not the sim-tastic, fly one mission a night game that the competition is.  The bots need to be programmed on how to actually win the conquest game mode, if they are going to be used. I agree that their current behavior makes the game unfun when your team gets the bad bots or the other team gets a player who can wreck them faster than you.

The equivalent term to Pew Pew, in Russian is Psyche on Psyche (according to Chrome). 

This was the most frequent complaint about 2.0 that I read from the russians, and they are absolutely right.

The game is no longer about flying representations of historical Warplanes.

Its about pew, pew, psyche on psyche. 

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

FIight #16 Posted 24 November 2017 - 03:00 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 5069 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 23 November 2017 - 10:37 AM, said:

Also, the difference in planes as you progress through a tree is negligible meaning you have less incentive to grind out trees.

They do need to fix that, how could a javelin be caught by an air defense Hornet? 

If so I'd better just keep the Hornet, it's ridiculous when you drive a top tier jet and

killed by a prop trash.

Edited by Einssniper, 24 November 2017 - 03:01 AM.

Rarearth #17 Posted 24 November 2017 - 04:52 AM

• 520 battles
  • [JE] JE

View PostCamoCladWarrior, on 23 November 2017 - 03:22 PM, said:

The answer is what we have been saying since 2.0 was inflicted upon us, if someone wanted to play this type of game, Warthunder already fills the need and does it better.  The ADHD crowd that praised the new game when it first came out are probably already on to the next shiny object that had caught their attention and the old timers that are still in disbelief of what happened to the game they have played and loved for the last several years are giving up hope anyone will listen to their complaints...  I went from playing hundreds of games a week to suffering through playing one or two a week just to see if anything has been fixed.  I don't see it getting better, especially since they are now ineptly creating impossible missions and having to backfill a team based game with mindless bots that don't have a concept of what is needed to win the game.  Since one person cannot determine the outcome, only having a couple of people in the game makes it completely random and frustrating to the point even more people are bleeding off.  Looks like the game is in a death spiral.  It is sad really.

​Same here hundreds of games , I'm just short of 40000 and don't care if I get it now . Everything CCW said was spot on in my book . If they wont give back the game we financed to make because of some stupid principle ( and there's being never give what they want ) seems to be there view.  Then its on to other things to spend money on and put WG in the rearview. I will pop in for a few to talk to friends but will be leaving the wallet closed . That was a good one CamoCladWarrior   :honoring:      first time ​I don't have to think about signing in.

Rarearth #18 Posted 24 November 2017 - 05:17 AM

• 520 battles
  • [JE] JE

View PostFurysghost, on 23 November 2017 - 09:18 PM, said:

OP threw out some good ideas.

l tried War Thunder twice and uninstalled it twice it had zero appeal to me.

l tried this game prior to 2.0 when it launched and it was sad l soon quit and only came back for 2.0.

2.0 is far better for myself and thats also with the understanding that its still WIP and there are bots involved.

l have no dog in the fight as far as the 1.9/prior crowd goes l never played it.

Reality is 2.0 is the game now and l hope they continue to grow and improve it as l see myself sticking around for a while.

Wknds and certain times of the day the RL players are certainly there and l think the number seems to have grown.

lt may take a while but my hope is that in time the game pop is where the RL players are bulk of every battle or make up entire team.

Reality lol, sorry really good luck with that hope it works out for you , you seem easy to please you'll be all right here but it you want it to last for a spell you will have to pay up . Did it for 4 years and the product that they have evolved , excuse me de- evolved into just isn't worth a nickel to me . The numbers aren't any where they need to be. If this version is to survive resources from the other products would be carrying this title . Not many business's are willing to take the risk for such a small return . I do not take any pleasure in saying that about a game that I have grown to love . Its a little sad . Anyway Good Luck all you new guys . Rarearth signing off                         ,o>   imightnothavebeenapilotinsevicebutmyheadwasallwaysintheclouds

Rarearth #19 Posted 24 November 2017 - 05:24 AM

• 520 battles
  • [JE] JE

View Postramp4ge, on 23 November 2017 - 09:10 PM, said:

Implying here that the game had an active playerbase before 2.0.

Protip: It didn't. This server peaked at less than 400 players a day. For the last 2 years.

Don't blame new players for an issue that's existed since the game went live

Protip: your wrong there mr 5 battle ... and another thing Go pound sand lol pound sand , where does he gettem      :teethhappy:

S4pp3REffecT #20 Posted 24 November 2017 - 05:57 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 539 battles
  • [151RW] 151RW
Yeah their bot-code needs improving particularly with regard to objectives but then again the new player-base (I'm a member) are still learning the game.

Certain times of day you'll get majority player matches and these can be amazing, other times you get bots, still I'm enjoying the game.

My only need is the lack of a proper successor in 8-10 of the Zero line, haven't been enjoying the shift in gameplay the J7 offers...
So Ki here I come

Also tagged with gameplay

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users