Fw 190 A-1

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Helsemaine #1 Posted 23 November 2017 - 05:07 AM

Senior Airman

• 467 battles

This plane is worthless. It's supposed to be a BnZ plane but its top speed sucks and it does not maintain energy. Outclassed by the P-40 in every statistic, plus the bombs are completely worthless. With a carefully aimed direct hit the bomb can destroy a single building, and you only get four and they take forever to respawn. Better to just use the damn guns instead. Why even carry bombs that are this weak? It's a fragile multirole with no role. You can't even shoot down bombers with it because the guns overheat so fast. Why does this plane even exist in the game? It's popular in other games, but in this game it's pathetic. They should just remove it. Waste of hangar space. My win rate is crashing at such an unbelievable speed that I'm tempted to use my free XP just to get out of it sooner. How's the Fw 190 A-5 stock?

Bobby_Tables #2 Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:51 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 4370 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

Welcome to WOWP 2.0.x where fighters rule the roost.  This plane and the entire line has always been a challenge and more so in 2.0.x than in prior versions.  

I had put together a video in the older version of this game on how to fly the 190 A-X (A-1, A-5) but it is no longer relevant.  

I do not have any advice as I am struggling as well with all the multirole planes.  I had a 10 token mission to fly multirole or heavy fighters and it took me forever.  When I finished that mission and got back into fighters it was like night and day (night being the multirole).  Don't worry, keep the plane, WG will mix it all up in a future release.  As for now, this is a very challenging plane to play and flying straight and wounding planes with the really OP guns is what you can do for now.  It will not carry, but it can help cap a territory.  

Focus less on the bombs and more on the guns and you might do better.  Don't turn much, find a target, chew it, and then fly away and come back some time later.  Other than that, not sure what to tell you as this line has alway been a challenge that rewards a few dedicated players who try again and again and again.  As it is in 2.0, I find it to be less a challenge and more like a burden.  

FIight #3 Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:25 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 4148 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

fw- series has been okay as a second line support fighter;

don't dogfight with other fighters, you will bleed energy very fast and can't out turn them;

maintain your airspeed, don't get too slow, don't fly too high;

use your high roll rate to evade enemy on your 6 and ask your flight mate to clear your tail;

head on with other fighters once you have the chance, don't let them have a second chance;

maintain your guns on target--don't get too close nor too far away;

not a good plane for solo;

can be powerful when you flight with another;

same strategy can be applied to US multirole(F4U line), the US line trades high roll rate for better maneuverability and airspeed.

FluffyPabu #4 Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:35 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5968 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostHelsemaine, on 23 November 2017 - 05:07 AM, said:

This plane is worthless. It's supposed to be a BnZ plane but its top speed sucks and it does not maintain energy. Outclassed by the P-40 in every statistic, plus the bombs are completely worthless. With a carefully aimed direct hit the bomb can destroy a single building, and you only get four and they take forever to respawn. Better to just use the damn guns instead. Why even carry bombs that are this weak? It's a fragile multirole with no role. You can't even shoot down bombers with it because the guns overheat so fast. Why does this plane even exist in the game? It's popular in other games, but in this game it's pathetic. They should just remove it. Waste of hangar space. My win rate is crashing at such an unbelievable speed that I'm tempted to use my free XP just to get out of it sooner. How's the Fw 190 A-5 stock?

hey atleast this multirole fighter has a 700m long range gun, compare this to the 2nd multirole fighters from USA. that is pure [edited]

SpiritFoxMY #5 Posted 23 November 2017 - 01:07 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3113 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

I liked the A-1 and adore the A-5. They cannot rack up the kind of cricket scores that the Spitfire and Zero can, but they are good fighters.

The moment I "got good" with the Focke Wulfs was when Johnny_Wishbone popped onto my thread and told me to "drop the hammer straight out or in a shallow climb" and "the Focke Wulf is unique in that it can outrun almost anything going straight and level. Older hands use it as a sort of horizontal boom and zoomer".

Being such a small fighter I think tempts people into using it as such when you can't. It doesn't have the HP of a heavy or the maneuverability of a light so getting in and out FAST is an imperative. My preferred trick is to stay at altitude until someone blunders in below me, dive, shoot level out and boost away with one eye on the mirror. 

The problem with the A1 is its comparatively modest firepower. It can't kill in one pass. The A5, OTOH, hits like a train and can vaporize most lights in a single pass with a bit of sharp shooting. Don't spray from range as your cannons are the key. Get in close and light him up where you can't miss.

Then hit the gas and get out.

I'm still not *great* in 190, but my average CP on them has gone up doing this.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

SpiritFoxMY #6 Posted 23 November 2017 - 01:10 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3113 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
And ditch the bombs. They're only marginally useful on the island maps since you can sink a DD with all four of them. Otherwise they're a liability

mnbv_fockewulfe #7 Posted 23 November 2017 - 02:15 PM

Captain

• 256 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
The super dumb thing is the altitude cap keeps them from hunting bombers.:angry:

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

Helsemaine #8 Posted 23 November 2017 - 08:38 PM

Senior Airman

• 467 battles
Thanks guys for all your tips on the Fw 190. I like the idea of this plane more than its actual performance in the currently available maps. It's also a beautiful plane, and the roll rate makes it really nice to play with. Alas, I don't think it will take first place in a win any time soon though.

SithSteel #9 Posted 24 November 2017 - 09:41 PM

Senior Airman

• 606 battles
My number one piece of advice is watch your airspeed closely. The A-1 has a pretty high stall speed.

iljuano #10 Posted 25 November 2017 - 02:29 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1778 battles
Maneuverability
---------------Detectar idiomaAfrikáansAlbanésAlemánAmáricoÁrabeArmenioAzerbaiyanoBengalíBielorrusoBirmanoBosnioBúlgaroCanarésCatalánCebuanoChecoChino (Simplificado)Chino (Tradicional)CingalésCoreanoCorsoCriollo haitianoCroataDanésEslovacoEslovenoEspañolEsperantoEstonioEuskeraFinésFrancésFrisón occidentalGaélico escocésGalésGallegoGeorgianoGriegoGuyaratíHausaHawaianoHebreoHindiHmongHúngaroIgboIndonesioInglésIrlandésIslandésItalianoJaponésJavanésJemerKazajoKirguísKurdoLaoLatínLetónLituanoLuxemburguésMacedonioMalayalamMalayoMalgacheMaltésMaoríMaratíMongolNeerlandésNepalíNoruegoNyanjaPanyabíPastúnPersaPolacoPortuguésRumanoRusoSamoanoSerbioSesotho meridionalShonaSindhiSomalíSuajiliSuecoSundanésTagaloTailandésTamilTayikoTeluguTurcoUcranianoUrduUzbekoVietnamitaXhosaYidisYorubaZulúEspañol

Maneuverability

StoptheViolins #11 Posted 26 November 2017 - 03:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1989 battles
I played it like an opportunist - engage engaged

trikke #12 Posted 01 December 2017 - 03:16 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2531 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Postiljuano, on 25 November 2017 - 09:29 AM, said:

Maneuverability
---------------Detectar idiomaAfrikáansAlbanésAlemánAmáricoÁrabeArmenioAzerbaiyanoBengalíBielorrusoBirmanoBosnioBúlgaroCanarésCatalánCebuanoChecoChino (Simplificado)Chino (Tradicional)CingalésCoreanoCorsoCriollo haitianoCroataDanésEslovacoEslovenoEspañolEsperantoEstonioEuskeraFinésFrancésFrisón occidentalGaélico escocésGalésGallegoGeorgianoGriegoGuyaratíHausaHawaianoHebreoHindiHmongHúngaroIgboIndonesioInglésIrlandésIslandésItalianoJaponésJavanésJemerKazajoKirguísKurdoLaoLatínLetónLituanoLuxemburguésMacedonioMalayalamMalayoMalgacheMaltésMaoríMaratíMongolNeerlandésNepalíNoruegoNyanjaPanyabíPastúnPersaPolacoPortuguésRumanoRusoSamoanoSerbioSesotho meridionalShonaSindhiSomalíSuajiliSuecoSundanésTagaloTailandésTamilTayikoTeluguTurcoUcranianoUrduUzbekoVietnamitaXhosaYidisYorubaZulúEspañol
Maneuverability

you're so sweet...  i think you're cute, too

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Furysghost #13 Posted 01 December 2017 - 09:59 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3561 battles
l was giving some thought to starting the FW-190 line thanx for the info.... looks doubtful now.:(

EM1O #14 Posted 28 March 2018 - 12:00 AM

Senior Airman

• 1879 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

just what i was looking for!  tnx for the infos.  i want to give the tr 8-10 Swallows a try, so thot i'd grind on this string of planes.  it's not just wowp--even 190s in IL-2 Sturmovik P2P MMO is a brick duck for spits and other zippy fighters to eat (YT search Froggy Frog 9000).  similar comments there: fast on the hit-and-run, powerful, just can't out-maneuver a flattened hubcap (for those that remember what a hubcap is).

sort of thot the smash n dash would be the role for it.  now, if i can just quit confusing the sector ring for the reticle and eating buildings, i'd be OK.

Thanks for these posts!

-O.

"...oh Great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Our Dead."

PostTraumatic #15 Posted 28 March 2018 - 12:54 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1507 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN
109E at tier 5 rules!  Nuff said.  

ComradeZ #16 Posted 28 March 2018 - 08:33 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3471 battles
  • [FK] FK

FW190 D is entertaining, however the thing is a chew toy. Seriously mean guns though. More fun than the lower tier models.

GonerNL #17 Posted 28 March 2018 - 12:57 PM

• 780 battles

Ah, I thought it was just me being useless again at BnZ flying, but looks like I'm not the only one having problems with the A-1 ... I really looked forward to flying it and then discovered that it just fell out of the sky as soon as I stopped flying in a straight line !?

I have to say, the A-5 handles better ... does it get even better with the D ??

Flying on EU and NA server

trikke #18 Posted 28 March 2018 - 02:08 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2531 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostPostTraumatic, on 27 March 2018 - 07:54 PM, said:

109E at tier 5 rules!  Nuff said.  

^^this^^
Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

SpiritFoxMY #19 Posted 28 March 2018 - 05:03 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3113 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostGonerNL, on 28 March 2018 - 12:57 PM, said:

Ah, I thought it was just me being useless again at BnZ flying, but looks like I'm not the only one having problems with the A-1 ... I really looked forward to flying it and then discovered that it just fell out of the sky as soon as I stopped flying in a straight line !?

I have to say, the A-5 handles better ... does it get even better with the D ??

I'm divided in opinions of the two - the A-5 is a better pure fighter than the Dora IMO. But it doesn't work as well as a multirole. Dora does the whole multirole thing to T but is up against stiffer opposition than the A-5.

Furysghost #20 Posted 29 March 2018 - 10:10 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3561 battles

Welp l held my nose and made it as far as the 190D....

lts actually not too bad l load her up with ordnance and really boom n zoom lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users