WG Ghost Prime Please read please respond

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #1 Posted 22 November 2017 - 10:48 PM

Captain

• 1174 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Proposal:

We have 4-5 active PLAYERS sat down and devised missions that would encourage teamwork while still controlling the amount of rewards given so it would cost the same as now. This would build interest in working together for successful battles, it would also raise the interest in this "game".

Now, same 4-5 players could also keep an ongoing thread for input and ideas from the community and keep changing and improving the missions... this would help tighten the community. I'm sure there'd be arguments and disagreements as there always are and always shall be... but it's worth a shot.

The missions are screwed up beyond belief, teamwork is at an all time low, direction of purpose is guesswork at best.  The upside is that very little effort on WG's side... just approve the mission payouts, program the criteria for the pilot/planes and bingo... happier players

I've been thinking about this idea for a few weeks and would appreciate any input/suggestions/flames...

Happy Thanksgiving and Harvest Festivus for all,

ABC

Edited by Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo, 22 November 2017 - 10:49 PM.

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Rockstone_ #2 Posted 23 November 2017 - 01:54 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 5 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-
The horse is dead quit flogging it lol.:facepalm:

pyantoryng #3 Posted 23 November 2017 - 02:47 AM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2147 battles

View PostRockstone_, on 23 November 2017 - 01:54 AM, said:

The horse is dead quit flogging it lol.:facepalm:

It's not in mush yet...:hiding:

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Mercsn #4 Posted 23 November 2017 - 03:16 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2616 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

Can't teamwork with bots. :angry:

Unable to get MR fighters to kill planes instead of die while flying straight and slow to shoot up an AA gun.  :angry:

Unable to complete bombing missions in my GA because I have to air-fight to help my team win, since people and bots don't play defense. :angry:

Unable to get WG to understand what suggestions are and what they mean in translation.  :angry:  :facepalm:

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

Colddawg #5 Posted 23 November 2017 - 03:28 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 1921 battles
Those are easy fixes.  Have AI listen to player hotkeys (F2, F3, F4) and they already maneuver when shot by fighters so that can be incorporated into AA avoidance after a varying length of time/damage %.

Keep your head on the swivel.

MARS_REVENANT #6 Posted 23 November 2017 - 03:47 AM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5674 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 22 November 2017 - 05:48 PM, said:

Proposal:

We have 4-5 active PLAYERS sat down and devised missions that would encourage teamwork while still controlling the amount of rewards given so it would cost the same as now. This would build interest in working together for successful battles, it would also raise the interest in this "game".

Now, same 4-5 players could also keep an ongoing thread for input and ideas from the community and keep changing and improving the missions... this would help tighten the community. I'm sure there'd be arguments and disagreements as there always are and always shall be... but it's worth a shot.

The missions are screwed up beyond belief, teamwork is at an all time low, direction of purpose is guesswork at best.  The upside is that very little effort on WG's side... just approve the mission payouts, program the criteria for the pilot/planes and bingo... happier players

I've been thinking about this idea for a few weeks and would appreciate any input/suggestions/flames...

ABC

It would require NA players to be in contact with RU developers...  I think the logistics in that alone will kill your plan.  However you could turn this into some pretty fun community events, and WG admins should be able to back you with prizing.  Maybe over time it could evolve into what you are talking about... depending on the player base in NA and how committed your group is.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

mnbv_fockewulfe #7 Posted 23 November 2017 - 04:02 AM

Captain

• 615 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
He said suggestion:trollface:

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

Zigfreid #8 Posted 23 November 2017 - 04:15 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 16066 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

Teamwork is the only way to win, players are bot's.

Pogo68 #9 Posted 23 November 2017 - 04:42 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1649 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-
Hey anyone know why the X-52 rollers are not recognized?
DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #10 Posted 23 November 2017 - 02:51 PM

Captain

• 1174 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Community Suggestion List as of November 23, 2017- 9:52am est
------------------------------------------------------------------------
1) Please stop beating a dead horse
2) Please keep beating said horse, not tender enough
3) Bots behave like Meth fueled fruit flies
  3.10) Players behave like Meth fueled fruit flies
  3.20) Game has poorly designed mission objectives
  3.21) See 3.10 and 3.20
  3.22) Rewards and missions are poorly designed
  3.30) Communicating information and receiving feedback is very hard when all channels are closed for various reasons.
4) Bot behavior needs to be made useful for the team they are on
5) Game could be improved if suggestion 3.30 was/were implemented
6) Player morale would improve if suggestion 3.30 was/were implemented
7) Missions are poorly designed and cause game to be unsuccessful
8) A specific joystick needs to be repaired
------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is what we have at this time.
I very sorry that the game has come to this point but the players are here to help, please feel free to use us and ask for input.

ABC

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Krautjaeger #11 Posted 23 November 2017 - 03:19 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 937 battles
  • [KOOKS] KOOKS

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 22 November 2017 - 10:48 PM, said:

Proposal:

ABC

Good idea, suggestion to expand to six members. Three old-timers, three new people, so all views gets voiced/heard in-team. :) Oh yeah, happy Thanksgiving of course!

Edited by Krautjaeger, 23 November 2017 - 03:19 PM.

MARS_REVENANT #12 Posted 23 November 2017 - 05:10 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5674 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostKrautjaeger, on 23 November 2017 - 10:19 AM, said:

Good idea, suggestion to expand to six members. Three old-timers, three new people, so all views gets voiced/heard in-team. :) Oh yeah, happy Thanksgiving of course!

I volunteer to be the 7th impartial member in and deciding vote.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

Krautjaeger #13 Posted 23 November 2017 - 05:49 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 937 battles
  • [KOOKS] KOOKS

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 23 November 2017 - 05:10 PM, said:

:teethhappy:

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #14 Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:00 PM

Captain

• 1174 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 23 November 2017 - 12:10 PM, said:

Drew says you're so deep up in WG's dark side that you'd not be impartial and I'm sorta in agreement... maybe we could have a democratic vote or a poll... what do you think?

that might be fair

MARS_REVENANT #15 Posted 23 November 2017 - 07:32 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5674 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 23 November 2017 - 01:00 PM, said:

Drew says you're so deep up in WG's dark side that you'd not be impartial and I'm sorta in agreement... maybe we could have a democratic vote or a poll... what do you think?

that might be fair

I'm not sure I know a Drew... but I'll have to take her word for it.

General_Lee_Miserable #16 Posted 23 November 2017 - 08:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 320 battles

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 23 November 2017 - 07:32 PM, said:

I'm not sure I know a Drew... but I'll have to take her word for it.

Marsco... I'd be careful who you call a "her". I've seen you on twitch... lets leave it at that :-)  

Johnny_Wishbone #17 Posted 23 November 2017 - 08:15 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 505 battles

Two suggestions:

• Increase incentives to kill bombers and other player aircraft.  Right now the only viable lines are the low-altitude turn-fighters, and the high-altitude energy-fighters and heavies are pretty much without a role.

And second...

• Find the guy in charge of monetizing for the NA server and beat the soles of his feet with a hose until he understands that offering meaningful discounts on basic stuff like gold and offering smaller, more practical bundles (like Plane+Credits+Premium Time or something like that) is going to make you more money than gigantic, improbably expensive bundles, particularly with the state of the game as it is now (improving but still uncertain).  How many people are going to spend $200 or $500 to get the P-80?  Some, probably, but not as many as would spend $75-$100 to get the P-80 plus gold/credits and premium time.  I had a fair bit of money (>$100) set aside for Black Friday, but now it's going to be spent on something other than WG content because this sale is for crap.  I could go on and on about why chasing Whales as a monetization strategy is moronic.

Edited by Johnny_Wishbone, 23 November 2017 - 09:08 PM.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #18 Posted 23 November 2017 - 08:44 PM

Captain

• 1174 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostJohnny_Wishbone, on 23 November 2017 - 03:15 PM, said:

And second...

• Find the guy in charge of the NA server and beat the soles of his feet with a hose
agreed

Johnny_Wishbone #19 Posted 23 November 2017 - 09:07 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 505 battles

Monetizing.  In charge of *monetizing.*

Also, I live about a half-hour's drive from Emeryville.

Just saying.

Edited by Johnny_Wishbone, 23 November 2017 - 09:08 PM.

MARS_REVENANT #20 Posted 23 November 2017 - 09:08 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5674 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostThe_World_Needs_A_Hero, on 23 November 2017 - 03:10 PM, said:

Marsco... I'd be careful who you call a "her". I've seen you on twitch... lets leave it at that :-)  

Thanks for watching... every additional view helps the cause.

https://www.twitch.tv/mars_revenant

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users