command center bomber flights, a must-kill or...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

trikke #1 Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:30 PM

Captain

• 4629 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

i'm sure someone has done the math...

if flying a heavy, should i drop what i'm doing and immediately head over to knock them down?    and each flight following that one?

or should i be supporting efforts to cap that command center, and shut off the flow of bombers?

i love chasing them, but it's like Mickey Mouse and those Fantasia brooms with buckets

film3_3.jpg

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Furysghost #2 Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:37 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3561 battles

Yeah if they all get thru they can flip a cap asap.

Another issue is a team that goes after them with like 7 planes and stay up there the whole time. So who's minding the farm while they're gone?

Fail and loss...l have found that 1-3 planes depending on the guns they have can get the bomber intercept done just fine hvy fighters are perfect for this.

pyantoryng #3 Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:43 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2594 battles

View PostFurysghost, on 21 November 2017 - 08:37 PM, said:

Yeah if they all get thru they can flip a cap asap.

Another issue is a team that goes after them with like 7 planes and stay up there the whole time. So who's minding the farm while they're gone?

Fail and loss...l have found that 1-3 planes depending on the guns they have can get the bomber intercept done just fine hvy fighters are perfect for this.

In practice it's not happening when 11 other people are bots that are freshly respawned and the flight path goes straight through the spawn point. An entire team of bots just don't match one ferocious player with the proper plane for the job.

Hopefully at that point your plane is powerful enough to 1-pass the whole thing...and set those poor bots free.

When there are actual people...probably better to try and get a detachment to steal sectors...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Pogo68 #4 Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1649 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

It depends on my daily mission requirements.

If bombers are on my list, they're easy prey and pad the number of red kills that I need.

Or I need to defend the zone that they are going to attack.

Then I'll go after them.

Otherwise, I go about doing my thing

But it's really difficult to win the match if all you're doing is attacking bombers while the rest of the zones are controlled by the other side.

Edited by Pogo68, 22 November 2017 - 02:47 AM.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users