Can someone please explain base capping to me, because I think there is seriously something wrong wi...

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

mustangman6579 #1 Posted 21 November 2017 - 06:08 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1963 battles

So this just happened again to me today. 
Me and another blue are working on the military base. We killed all the support planes, and I killed the last remaining red plane near the base. 

I do a dive rocket run, and he also does a dive bomb run. as we both blow up our intended targets, the base suddenly turns red. THERE WAS NO RED PLANES NEAR. The nearest red plane is still outside the circle. 

I've had this happen a few times now. One time there wasn't a single red in sight and I was the ONLY plane at the base. 

Is this a glitch? Just lost a game because of it. 

LMG #2 Posted 21 November 2017 - 06:30 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

Did an ally crash nearby, or did the enemy have a Command Center or Military Base captured? It also helps to keep an eye on the capture indicator; some of those insta-caps could be two allies trying to fuse their aircraft together to no avail, followed by a GAA killing some random AA emplacement

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

SpiritFoxMY #3 Posted 21 November 2017 - 06:45 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4888 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostLMG, on 21 November 2017 - 06:30 AM, said:

Did an ally crash nearby, or did the enemy have a Command Center or Military Base captured? It also helps to keep an eye on the capture indicator; some of those insta-caps could be two allies trying to fuse their aircraft together to no avail, followed by a GAA killing some random AA emplacement

Tangent - Is it possible to friendly fire a low flying ally with a poorly aimed bomb?

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

LMG #4 Posted 21 November 2017 - 06:52 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 21 November 2017 - 01:45 AM, said:

Tangent - Is it possible to friendly fire a low flying ally with a poorly aimed bomb?

I'm not quite sure actually. My screen has shaken from friendly bombing, but I don't recall ever getting killed by friendly ordnance. I think Military Base missiles can, though.

FluffyPabu #5 Posted 21 November 2017 - 06:59 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5980 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
suppose you received the most cap points from a neutral base if you crash you lose all points or if you are killed by an enemy, all your cap points you received, will be transferred to that enemy player who killed you.

Edited by poisonousblood, 21 November 2017 - 06:59 AM.

LMG #6 Posted 21 November 2017 - 07:12 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

View Postpoisonousblood, on 21 November 2017 - 01:59 AM, said:

suppose you received the most cap points from a neutral base if you crash you lose all points or if you are killed by an enemy, all your cap points you received, will be transferred to that enemy player who killed you.

No. The enemy only receives +40 capture points, which is what aircraft are worth. It looks like a lot because most zones require 3-4 aircraft kills to capture, and ground targets are usually worth less than that, aside of the big armored ones

ARCNA442 #7 Posted 21 November 2017 - 07:46 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1907 battles

View PostLMG, on 21 November 2017 - 07:12 AM, said:

No. The enemy only receives +40 capture points, which is what aircraft are worth. It looks like a lot because most zones require 3-4 aircraft kills to capture, and ground targets are usually worth less than that, aside of the big armored ones

When attacking, player aircraft are worth 60 points, defense aircraft are 40 points.

Capturing a neutral military base takes 140 points and a red one takes 180 points.

Mercsn #8 Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:07 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2616 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
I've witnessed buggy behavior with caps flipping for no noticeable reason (ie, no missiles strikes, bombers, enemy GA, friendly fighter deaths, etc).  I think, along with the airfield repairs, there are bugs with zones capping.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

mustangman6579 #9 Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:05 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1963 battles

View PostLMG, on 21 November 2017 - 06:30 AM, said:

Nope. It was just the 2 of us. No one died and the red never even made it to the circle. 

I've been streaming this game, next time it happens, I'll try to clip it and see if maybe I missed something. 

View PostMercsn, on 21 November 2017 - 08:07 PM, said:

I've witnessed buggy behavior with caps flipping for no noticeable reason (ie, no missiles strikes, bombers, enemy GA, friendly fighter deaths, etc).  I think, along with the airfield repairs, there are bugs with zones capping.

I've had a few caps flip with no reds anywhere near. Only happened since 2.0

Mercsn #10 Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:26 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2616 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View Postmustangman6579, on 21 November 2017 - 03:05 PM, said:

Nope. It was just the 2 of us. No one died and the red never even made it to the circle.

I've been streaming this game, next time it happens, I'll try to clip it and see if maybe I missed something.

I've had a few caps flip with no reds anywhere near. Only happened since 2.0

A bomber flight can flip a zone from full cap, if left alone. A missile can flip if it hits the last building needed to cap the zone.  I've seen zones flip with neither of those happening and no enemy present and no blue arrows disappearing (ie crashing).  So, I'm assuming bug.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users