Jump to content


[BUG] Game hang/crash then restart of client leaves you in two simultaneous battles

bug player two battles same time

  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Krautjaeger #1 Posted 21 November 2017 - 01:23 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 290 battles
  • 146
  • [KOOKS] KOOKS
  • Member since:
    05-27-2017

This is a very odd bug. Quite often, several times each sitting, the game just hangs on entering battle and the only thing you can do is kill the process and restart the client. Some times that works out "ok" and and you get in to your single battle instance, some times you are 'ghosted' in to another instance in which you are not playing at all. After you've done with the battle you are playing and go back to hangar another report appears where you did nothing of course, get 1000 combat points and next to no xp/credits.

 

You can witness what happens yourself at times as this happens to other people, their aircraft will just go straight for a border then turn back and often dive in to the ground and then do the same over and over again until the match is over. Every time, people get 1000 points exactly.

 

The result of this shouldn't be hard to track down for devs, just search server logs for people being in two instances at the same time. What causes the hang itself though, that is another matter. Needs to be resolved of course, as it is irritating for those that look like afk'rs and for those that have this 'ghost' in their games.



Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #2 Posted 21 November 2017 - 02:37 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 116 battles
  • 2,176
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

this is something that happens in WoWP more than any game I've ever played... though it does happen in many others...

I quickly alt/cont/delete ... race to close and re open WoWP and say a prayer to sweet baby Jesus...

it's part of the fun since I've been playing years ago, you'll get good at it


if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


Krautjaeger #3 Posted 21 November 2017 - 03:06 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 290 battles
  • 146
  • [KOOKS] KOOKS
  • Member since:
    05-27-2017

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 21 November 2017 - 02:37 AM, said:

this is something that happens in WoWP more than any game I've ever played... though it does happen in many others...

I quickly alt/cont/delete ... race to close and re open WoWP and say a prayer to sweet baby Jesus...

it's part of the fun since I've been playing years ago, you'll get good at it

 

Seriously? This bug where you get ghosted in a second, separate, game instances has been going on for years?

@WG
Now that you're in re-release (and if any dev ever actually reads this) this needs to be taken care of asap as it will irritate a lot of people once they figure out what's going on. I'd say in every third game there's one of our 'ghosts' flying around doing nothing on either this or that team, it'll end up a sad joke on people's streams, vids, blogs and all that after a while. :amazed:

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #4 Posted 21 November 2017 - 03:55 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 116 battles
  • 2,176
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

View PostKrautjaeger, on 21 November 2017 - 10:06 AM, said:

 

Seriously? This bug where you get ghosted in a second, separate, game instances has been going on for years?

@WG
Now that you're in re-release (and if any dev ever actually reads this) this needs to be taken care of asap as it will irritate a lot of people once they figure out what's going on. I'd say in every third game there's one of our 'ghosts' flying around doing nothing on either this or that team, it'll end up a sad joke on people's streams, vids, blogs and all that after a while. :amazed:

 

well, honestly the being in 2 games at once happens/sorta... one of two things happened...

Most often upon reboot, you'll be just thrown into the game you first launched in, but sometimes...

I can jump into a new game and the old game "must have" been playing because it comes back to hanger with battle results

so you must have been ghost flying... maybe?

:unsure:

edit post:

 

upon re reading your post I've never seen the 1000 point thing ... but again, to make it "clearer" I'm also speaking of 1.9 and before where the scoring was completely:facepalm: different, so... yeah, uh... no

 

 

 


Edited by Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo, 21 November 2017 - 04:22 PM.

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


Krautjaeger #5 Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:16 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 290 battles
  • 146
  • [KOOKS] KOOKS
  • Member since:
    05-27-2017

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 21 November 2017 - 03:55 PM, said:

 

well, honestly the being in 2 games at once happens/sorta... one of two things happened...

Most often upon reboot, you'll be just thrown into the game you first launched in, but sometimes...

I can jump into a new game and the old game "must have" been playing because it comes back to hanger with battle results

so you must have been ghost flying... maybe?

:unsure:

 

 

Yep, that's exactly the thing I'm talking about. These ghosts, when they are in a game you are actually in, will fly in a straight line until they hit the border and then either a) turn around and crash or b) turn around and fly in a straight line towards the next border. You can imagine what people have thought about us when they see is like this in games... not to mention they're down one person (at least).

Bubba_Zanetti #6 Posted 21 November 2017 - 06:08 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 399 battles
  • 1,521
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

AFK players may have been disconnected during game load.  Many will get back in if they’re not shot down whilst afk.  If their isp went “wide area neighbourhood router switch firmware upgrade time”, then they may not return at all.  We instantly leap to nefarious reasons a player may be afk, but ultimately it’s technical difficulties for most I would think.

 

And then there’s the infamous memory leaks with wowp that kick you to the desktop.  Some patches it’s rare, some it’s ever present.


 


Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #7 Posted 21 November 2017 - 06:49 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 116 battles
  • 2,176
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

View PostBubba_Zanetti, on 21 November 2017 - 01:08 PM, said:

AFK players may have been disconnected during game load.  Many will get back in if they’re not shot down whilst afk.  If their isp went “wide area neighbourhood router switch firmware upgrade time”, then they may not return at all.  We instantly leap to nefarious reasons a player may be afk, but ultimately it’s technical difficulties for most I would think.

 

And then there’s the infamous memory leaks with wowp that kick you to the desktop.  Some patches it’s rare, some it’s ever present.

yeah, yeah... you go ahead and explain it with all your technical mumbo jumbo lingo and your fancy science meters and charts...

I'm going with the ghost explanation...  makes the most sense and follows the principal of Occam's Razor...

:hiding:

 

 


if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


Krautjaeger #8 Posted 21 November 2017 - 07:01 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 290 battles
  • 146
  • [KOOKS] KOOKS
  • Member since:
    05-27-2017

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 21 November 2017 - 06:49 PM, said:

yeah, yeah... you go ahead and explain it with all your technical mumbo jumbo lingo and your fancy science meters and charts...

I'm going with the ghost explanation...  makes the most sense and follows the principal of Occam's Razor...

:hiding:

 

And we know who we're gonna call right? :)

 



Uncle_J_ #9 Posted 23 November 2017 - 05:13 AM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 168 battles
  • 6
  • [LEAP] LEAP
  • Member since:
    10-29-2012
The closest thing i have had happen is spawning back in after my plane being destroyed, and having NO plane! It's like you are flying through the air, in an invisible plane........... :amazed:

Krautjaeger #10 Posted 27 November 2017 - 11:03 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 290 battles
  • 146
  • [KOOKS] KOOKS
  • Member since:
    05-27-2017

Hasn't happened in a couple of days, but now it happened again. Game crashed/hung, went back in and loaded battle. Fought, exited and found that "I'd been" in another battle at the same time.

 

 

EDIT: Why aren't we allowed to link directly to imgur images? :unsure: I get an error that it's not allowed if I try, administrators have disabled it.

 

EDIT2: Thanks for the answer below!


Edited by Krautjaeger, 27 November 2017 - 11:33 PM.


Bear_82 #11 Posted 27 November 2017 - 11:07 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 28 battles
  • 692
  • [GWG] GWG
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostKrautjaeger, on 27 November 2017 - 04:03 PM, said:

. . .

EDIT: Why aren't we allowed to link directly to imgur images? . . .

 

​remove the s in https




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users