Solomon, I have returned

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

trikke #41 Posted 09 December 2017 - 02:37 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 547 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostSeraphil, on 09 December 2017 - 03:50 AM, said:

Holy crap, six losses in a row(four in Bf 110 E, which was torturous.  Had I been in a regular fighter I probably could have saved some of those losses.)  Kept getting stuck with people who ditched the match after dying once, and this one yokel who brought his tier 1 buddy into a tier 6 game.

prob the same guy that i got this week...  a t5 that brought his t2 buddy, or maybe vice versa

neither did anything, and it was a california wildfire roflstomp

late game, even our bots complained about them being on our team...

Seraphil #42 Posted 10 December 2017 - 12:50 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 365 battles

I think one of my favorite bot exchanges was the following:

Bot A: Sorry for letting you down, human.

Bot B: Hey, don't distract the pilot!

ムリ( ' x ' )ダナ

Seraphil #43 Posted 11 December 2017 - 12:26 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 365 battles

Okay, I think the P-40 Warhawk is in the running for my favorite fighter I've played yet.  Everything about her is so gooooood.  I mean I love the punch of the Bf 109 B(plus I got my first Ace with her!) and the nimbleness of the Hien but Warhawk just hits that magical middle.

On a different note, thank god the Bristol 146 is leaps above the 133 in performance.  I can call her Bristol BBQ as a compliment.

On a different different note, did not like the I-16(late) at all.  Probably one of my least-liked fighters yet.

So far my most enjoyed planes: Warhawk, Bf 109 B, Hien

ムリ( ' x ' )ダナ

pyantoryng #44 Posted 11 December 2017 - 01:59 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 687 battles

View PostSeraphil, on 11 December 2017 - 12:26 PM, said:

Okay, I think the P-40 Warhawk is in the running for my favorite fighter I've played yet.  Everything about her is so gooooood.  I mean I love the punch of the Bf 109 B(plus I got my first Ace with her!) and the nimbleness of the Hien but Warhawk just hits that magical middle.

On a different note, thank god the Bristol 146 is leaps above the 133 in performance.  I can call her Bristol BBQ as a compliment.

On a different different note, did not like the I-16(late) at all.  Probably one of my least-liked fighters yet.

So far my most enjoyed planes: Warhawk, Bf 109 B, Hien

Funny how you can do well with Japanese Army line but not the Polikarpov...of all things. The Polikarpov FoV is one of the top TnB combatant in their respective tiers.

You probably just don't click well with Russians...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Seraphil #45 Posted 11 December 2017 - 02:47 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 365 battles

View Postpyantoryng, on 11 December 2017 - 05:59 AM, said:

Funny how you can do well with Japanese Army line but not the Polikarpov...of all things. The Polikarpov FoV is one of the top TnB combatant in their respective tiers.

You probably just don't click well with Russians...

It's worse than the Ki-43-I in every relevant category except roll rate and HP, and carries missiles.  Ki-43-I is faster, turns better, climbs better, has better optimum altitude, has better stall speed, better controllability, and has a much more powerful engine.  It felt like I was flying a Ki-43-I with three pigs tied to the fuselage.

I'd rate the Ki-43-I, the A6M1, and the Bristol 146 all as better TnBers than the I-16(late).

The I-16(early) wasn't as bad though.

ムリ( ' x ' )ダナ

Seraphil #46 Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:57 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 365 battles

Got P-38F, Spitfire I and Hs 129 B now.  The Lightning is amazing, even stock.  Feels like a breeze compared to the Bf 110s.  Spitfire on the other hand... I'll reserve judgment until I get the 20mms.  Hs 129 B is a bit of a struggle, but the big underbelly cannon is pretty nice for chewing away ground targets and the occasional pursuer who overshoots over me.

Feels like the worst thing about playing GAs is you have to completely rely on your ally fighters played by humans to be reasonably smart in responding to situations.  With fighters, MRs and even HFs you can easily switch between assaulting cap defenders and defending your own caps, but GAs are basically stuck in ground attack since they don't have the speed to go back to help defend even if they wanted to, and don't have the mobility to really fight anything besides other GAs.

ムリ( ' x ' )ダナ

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users