The squall line needs adjusting.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

mustangman6579 #1 Posted 17 November 2017 - 05:05 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1963 battles

Here's the issue. 
If you die after the squall line drops, no matter what your HP was, or how many (if at all) times you died, you don't respawn. I have an huge issue with this. 

I don't like that if I've been playing well all game and not died once. Then the squall hits and a AA guns kills you instantly, That's it. game over. 

All it does, and forces me to hurry up and crash my plane before the timer runs out. 

Here's how I would change it

A: When the timer hits 0, all flying aircraft receive 100% hp

B: If you have not died at all, you get 1 respawn plane. 

C: Both A and B

ARCNA442 #2 Posted 17 November 2017 - 05:24 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1907 battles

Option B does nothing to eliminate the incentive to suicide before the squall line since doing so would give you an extra spawn.

I like option A though and think it should be implemented.

Colddawg #3 Posted 17 November 2017 - 05:27 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 1921 battles

I agree it's not perfect, but as is there's no penalty for crashing right before squall so go for the rough landing.

Other than that, head for some allied skies and repair up before hitting enemy flak.  I would rather see people crashing as an actual tactic than to screw things up like in WoT and pander to people who don't want to try.  (nothing directed at you)

If WG added in a penalty for crashing your plane I could see the HP restore and possible bonus spawn (which they can't because accidents happen, just like WG won't enforce penalties on WoT players who suicide on purpose).

Edited by Colddawg, 17 November 2017 - 05:29 AM.

Keep your head on the swivel.

gerr22 #4 Posted 17 November 2017 - 11:37 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 4649 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
squall line should be random that would kick it up sum

StoptheViolins #5 Posted 17 November 2017 - 11:57 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2179 battles

View PostARCNA442, on 17 November 2017 - 12:24 AM, said:

Option B does nothing to eliminate the incentive to suicide before the squall line since doing so would give you an extra spawn.

I like option A though and think it should be implemented.

Then you'd have died before the squall and only get your respawn from suiciding before the squall.  You would have 1 death ergo not get the bonus spawn.

Mercsn #6 Posted 17 November 2017 - 02:10 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2601 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

The point of the "squall line" means that there is a sever storm between the battle area and wherever the carrier/airbase we're supposedly flying in from is located.  Your "respawn" is actually a reinforcement that has flown in from that area...that is not cut off.

So, keeping with that "lore", the respawn after squall won't happen.

The idea of having 100% hp if your craft is alive at squall is a good one.  I'm very against incentive for crashing on purpose...and that's what squall line is, currently, if your craft is damaged (and especially if the map has no repairs -or the repairs don't work, buggy mechanic).

I've had plenty of comeback wins by having my team come back at full health, respawning after squall to kill off a wounded team that had lead in score and zones.  It's a nice win, but it's lame that the other team is punished for living to squall.

I'd go a step further and say there needs to actually be a bonus for surviving from start through "squall line".   Your craft should get a few seconds of invulnerability (since we're an arcade game, with respawns, etc now anyways), to counter the death-by-aimbot-ai a few seconds after squall that seems to happen a little too frequently to be coincidence.  Survive all match and then magically BAM just after squall by a bot?  Legit?

Edited by Mercsn, 17 November 2017 - 02:19 PM.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

mullyman #7 Posted 17 November 2017 - 02:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 36 battles

Everyone gets 1 respawn max with no squall at all.

Reduce the participation trophies.  Not everyone can be a winner.

mullyman.png

jswap #8 Posted 17 November 2017 - 03:16 PM

Master Sergeant

• 3117 battles
Just have the squall line hit without any warnings and problem solved, I think.

General_Lee_Miserable #9 Posted 17 November 2017 - 05:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 320 battles
They should make the squall line random during a certain time period. Lets say between 4 and 6 minutes left in the battle. 

Zapperguy #10 Posted 17 November 2017 - 05:10 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

I have an actual poll set up regarding the squall. http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/50804-randomize-the-squall-poll

:honoring:

MARS_REVENANT #11 Posted 17 November 2017 - 05:18 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5505 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

If you have done well all battle, you should continue to do well and not die.

If others have died multiple times during battle, they will most likely die quickly and therefore not help their team.

1 re spawn after squall is the same as lawn darting and getting a plane just before squall...

The only thing I would suggest is a cap of 3 re spawns, if they are dying that much, they should be out of the battle permanently.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

NateKrool #12 Posted 28 November 2017 - 03:22 PM

Airman Basic

• 955 battles
Me, personally, I like the squall line with respawns mechanic.  Sure, in the lore  you are reincarnated as a new pilot and fly in as reinforcements.  As part of the game, it takes pressure off.  In other one-and-done games, e.g., WoT and WoWS, there is a lot of pressure on  your one chance at glory.  If you die quickly or die a cheap death, that encourages raging and trash talking in chat.  Game chat in WoT and WoWS is absolutely toxic.  With the respawn in WoWP, you get a couple chances to get the hang of your plane.  If you die a cheap death to f'ing AA or NPC defense aircraft, rather than rage at your team, you get another try.  The squall line keeps the game from potentially going on for hours like on WT.

mustangman6579 #13 Posted 28 November 2017 - 06:50 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1963 battles

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 17 November 2017 - 05:18 PM, said:

If you have done well all battle, you should continue to do well and not die.

If others have died multiple times during battle, they will most likely die quickly and therefore not help their team.

1 re spawn after squall is the same as lawn darting and getting a plane just before squall...

The only thing I would suggest is a cap of 3 re spawns, if they are dying that much, they should be out of the battle permanently.

Not really. Countless times I have not died all match, only to have a random AA or flack finish me off right after the line. Extremely frustrating. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users