Senior Master Sergeant

• 688 battles
  • [KOOKS] KOOKS
Updated for 2.0.5.9, and they even got the path right this time :great:

Deltavee #62 Posted 08 July 2018 - 02:56 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 729 battles

View PostKrautjaeger, on 16 November 2017 - 11:17 AM, said:

A small and simple mod that lets you distinguish AI bots from players by putting an '*' in front of bots names.

This mod only supports English localization.

To install, unzip the contents in to your World of Warplanes install folder's ...\res_mods\

Disclaimer: Should anyone at some point make modpacks for WoWp it is allowed to include this in it as long as there is a mention.

Worked perfectly. Thank you very much for your thoughtfulness and your work. 

I was aghast to find I was the only human in the first flight after I installed.  In every game since then I have never seen less than 6 bots per side.  Incredible.

Edited by Deltavee, 08 July 2018 - 03:03 AM.

Deltavee

GAA drivers do it in the dirt.

Krautjaeger #63 Posted 20 July 2018 - 01:10 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 688 battles
  • [KOOKS] KOOKS

@Deltavee

Thank you :)

@All

Updated for the 2.0.5.12 patch :great:

trikke #64 Posted 20 July 2018 - 03:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2160 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

used all three upvotes for the day on you, brother   

ty so much for this mod

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

CruzANDBruz #65 Posted 22 July 2018 - 05:17 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 7375 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

Can't thank you enough for keeping this mod current through all the WOWP updates. I love being able to pick out the number and names of humans from a glance at the roster while the game is loading. And your link makes it quick and easy to locate/extract/insert the appropriate files into your local res_mods folder. Couldn't be easier! Even for a technologically challenged old fart like myself. Thanks again!

Now if loading custom aircraft skins were that easy, I'd be all over it. I've tried loading custom skins, but I haven't been successful at getting them to load yet.

Oh, and thanks again!

Krautjaeger #66 Posted 22 July 2018 - 05:38 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 688 battles
  • [KOOKS] KOOKS

View PostCruzANDBruz, on 22 July 2018 - 05:17 PM, said:

Can't thank you enough for keeping this mod current through all the WOWP updates. I love being able to pick out the number and names of humans from a glance at the roster while the game is loading. And your link makes it quick and easy to locate/extract/insert the appropriate files into your local res_mods folder. Couldn't be easier! Even for a technologically challenged old fart like myself. Thanks again!

Now if loading custom aircraft skins were that easy, I'd be all over it. I've tried loading custom skins, but I haven't been successful at getting them to load yet.

Oh, and thanks again!

Thank you for saying that. People might not realize this but I initially made it because I have visual impairments that makes it difficult for me to read the text in battle when planes are flying by so I had little to no chance to "guess" who's who. Happy that it is appreciated for what it is. Have a wonderful weekend! :)

Krautjaeger #67 Posted 22 August 2018 - 03:11 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 688 battles
  • [KOOKS] KOOKS
Updated for the current version of 2.0.6.0 that was released on EU today. I'll check the client tomorrow to see if there's any changes to the files in the mod and update if needed. :honoring:

ClosedCoffin #68 Posted 24 August 2018 - 08:09 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3708 battles
  • [MRCS] MRCS

View PostKrautjaeger, on 22 August 2018 - 03:11 PM, said:

Updated for the current version of 2.0.6.0 that was released on EU today. I'll check the client tomorrow to see if there's any changes to the files in the mod and update if needed. :honoring:

Working great, thanks again for your diligence in keeping this mod current.

Krautjaeger #69 Posted 05 September 2018 - 02:00 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 688 battles
  • [KOOKS] KOOKS

View PostClosedCoffin, on 24 August 2018 - 08:09 PM, said:

Working great, thanks again for your diligence in keeping this mod current.

Thank you! :)

Updated for 2.0.6.7 :great:

ClosedCoffin #70 Posted 05 September 2018 - 09:13 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3708 battles
  • [MRCS] MRCS

View PostKrautjaeger, on 05 September 2018 - 02:00 PM, said:

Thank you! :)

Updated for 2.0.6.7 :great:

Oh Yeah, Beautiful!!!

CruzANDBruz #71 Posted 06 September 2018 - 03:08 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 7375 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

WOWP runs fine after renaming my existing 2.0.6.7 file, downloading your files to a folder on my desk top and dropping your files into a newly created folder named 2.0.6.7, but I'm finding no asterisks by the bot names. Am I doing this correctly? 

I've had a little trouble with the process of getting your files extracted and placed where I need them ever since you had to go "external" due to file size, as you put it. I managed last time, but don't remember just how I did it. Should I be using the Zip Extractor tool at the top of the page? If so, do I need to install the appropriate Chrome extension for it to work?

Just what is the simplest way for us technologically challenged knuckleheads to get these files where we need them? So many questions.     :)

Krautjaeger #72 Posted 06 September 2018 - 03:24 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 688 battles
  • [KOOKS] KOOKS

View PostCruzANDBruz, on 06 September 2018 - 03:08 PM, said:

WOWP runs fine after renaming my existing 2.0.6.7 file, downloading your files to a folder on my desk top and dropping your files into a newly created folder named 2.0.6.7, but I'm finding no asterisks by the bot names. Am I doing this correctly? 

I've had a little trouble with the process of getting your files extracted and placed where I need them ever since you had to go "external" due to file size, as you put it. I managed last time, but don't remember just how I did it. Should I be using the Zip Extractor tool at the top of the page? If so, do I need to install the appropriate Chrome extension for it to work?

Just what is the simplest way for us technologically challenged knuckleheads to get these files where we need them? So many questions.     :)

Personally I use a program called '7zip' which is freeware, downloaded from the originating website of those who creates it. Then just download 'WoWp_2.0.6.7_Whos_the_ai_bots.zip' and open with 7zip, then drag and drop the first folder inside it called '2.0.6.7' (for this release) in to the 'res_mods' folder. :)

CruzANDBruz #73 Posted 06 September 2018 - 09:34 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 7375 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
 I finally got them loaded. I used the zip extractor tool the top of my page to view the files; then downloaded the files (which zips them for downloading purposes; saved them to a folder on my desktop; then extracting them again; finally I copied/pasted them into my res_mods folder. Surely there's a simpler way.  :)

Krautjaeger #74 Posted 06 September 2018 - 10:45 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 688 battles
  • [KOOKS] KOOKS

View PostCruzANDBruz, on 06 September 2018 - 09:34 PM, said:

I finally got them loaded. I used the zip extractor tool the top of my page to view the files; then downloaded the files (which zips them for downloading purposes; saved them to a folder on my desktop; then extracting them again; finally I copied/pasted them into my res_mods folder. Surely there's a simpler way.  :)

Glad you got it sorted. Well, first you press the Arrow-Down icon at the top right to download the zip file somewhere. Then you open that zip file in your favorite software, mine being 7zip but you can use WinZip, WinRar and other extractors for the job. Once the file is opened, it is just drag-n-drop in to the 'res_mods' folder. :)

EDIT: In other words, do not use the 'Open With' on the web page, just look for the arrow-down icon top right.

Edited by Krautjaeger, 06 September 2018 - 10:48 PM.

CruzANDBruz #75 Posted 08 September 2018 - 05:02 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 7375 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
Thanks for the step-by-step, Krautjaeger. I'll use the down arrow next time.

trikke #76 Posted 09 September 2018 - 12:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2160 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

again...  i cannot thank you enough, brother     it's an honor to just fly in the same game as you       

younger pilots have the brain horsepower to quickly decide who is a bot...  i do not

+ 1'ed you three times again today...  please, would everyone remember to scroll up and +1 our friend KJ as often as you can?

may i assume that you're based in the UK, from several instances of the word "sorted"?       

it's an honor to just fly in the same game as you       you're wowp royalty to us colonials 

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Krautjaeger #77 Posted 09 September 2018 - 01:08 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 688 battles
  • [KOOKS] KOOKS

View Posttrikke, on 09 September 2018 - 12:59 PM, said:

again...  i cannot thank you enough, brother     it's an honor to just fly in the same game as you       

younger pilots have the brain horsepower to quickly decide who is a bot...  i do not

+ 1'ed you three times again today...  please, would everyone remember to scroll up and +1 our friend KJ as often as you can?

may i assume that you're based in the UK, from several instances of the word "sorted"?       

it's an honor to just fly in the same game as you       you're wowp royalty to us colonials 

hehehehehe, thanks. :teethhappy: Actually we plundered, settled, then traded in/with England of old, Vikings. So Norwegian. :great: Glad you, and others, enjoy this little creation. My eyes have issues, I need surgery in a few years, so I struggle to see anything other than the airplane.

Edited by Krautjaeger, 09 September 2018 - 01:08 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users