[2.0.5.0] Who's the AI Bots

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Krautjaeger #1 Posted 16 November 2017 - 04:17 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 641 battles
  • [KOOKS] KOOKS

A small and simple mod that lets you distinguish AI bots from players by putting an '*' in front of bots names.

This mod only supports English localization.

To install, unzip the contents in to your World of Warplanes install folder's ...\res_mods\

Disclaimer: Should anyone at some point make modpacks for WoWp it is allowed to include this in it as long as there is a mention.

Attached Files

Edited by Krautjaeger, 14 June 2018 - 01:36 PM.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #2 Posted 16 November 2017 - 04:53 PM

First Lieutenant

• 399 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

lol... I don't know... is it official :ohmy:

Just kidding, nice job for something that is useful and should have been done/option in settings by the devs

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Krautjaeger #3 Posted 16 November 2017 - 04:59 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 641 battles
  • [KOOKS] KOOKS

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 16 November 2017 - 04:53 PM, said:

Just kidding, nice job for something that is useful and should have been done/option in settings by the devs

Oh my, could it be that... :):teethhappy::great:

Thank you. I was working on it earlier and asked around if there would be any interest for it and it seemed like it. Hope people find it useful, happy flyings out there!

_Bruiser_ #4 Posted 16 November 2017 - 05:39 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3173 battles

awesome.....

for us visually challenged, could u make the asteriks a different color ?

MARS_REVENANT #5 Posted 16 November 2017 - 05:41 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3368 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
Nice.  I'll be checking this out later. +1.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

Krautjaeger #6 Posted 16 November 2017 - 05:56 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 641 battles
  • [KOOKS] KOOKS

View Post_Bruiser_, on 16 November 2017 - 05:39 PM, said:

awesome.....

for us visually challenged, could u make the asteriks a different color ?

If I can figure out colour coding I will, don't wait up for it though. :)

BrushWolf #7 Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:03 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 64 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 16 November 2017 - 10:53 AM, said:

The devs never listened to our calls for the bots to be marked for all the time they were in the pre-2.0 game so why would they start listening now?

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

Bubba_Zanetti #8 Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1291 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Was it the Hryun mod that would show bots skill rank?  Novice/standard/vet?  See if you can tweak it to show that maybe?

forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/42410-wg-incompetence/           ^- Over two years awaiting moderation on the WOWP Blog.

“The sad truth is that the one thing around here is that we can always rely on is broken promises” & WarMagic the Scattering- Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo █ If a company can't handle the truth based on pixelated facts then they shouldn't be in this industry to begin with. Or stop overreaching at areas where they obviously lack the resources to make a sucess (WOWP)” - ArrowZ_  As it is, this “upgrade” is totally misdirected and completely ignores all player feedback over the past few years.  How this studio continues on with the parent company is a total mystery to me.” - Bobby_Tables  The only thing that will fix this game is for the developers to right click and hit send to trash.” - xPALEHORSEx  

They've been around a good while and seen a lot of flak so they surely must know what they're doing by now.” - Catch21  All wargaming has done in all their games across the board have been stupid and greedy ideas. They are failing as a company so hard. - Veraxu  Maybe Persha should avoid patches with the number 5 in them... - mnbv-fockewulfe

Krautjaeger #9 Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:20 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 641 battles
  • [KOOKS] KOOKS

View PostBubba_Zanetti, on 16 November 2017 - 09:06 PM, said:

Was it the Hryun mod that would show bots skill rank?  Novice/standard/vet?  See if you can tweak it to show that maybe?

I may get in to that later on, but these days there's a lot of different things on my plate. :)

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #10 Posted 19 November 2017 - 03:10 PM

First Lieutenant

• 399 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostKrautjaeger, on 16 November 2017 - 04:20 PM, said:

I may get in to that later on, but these days there's a lot of different things on my plate. :)

heya Krout... looks like the ruskies have taken your mod...

Look here

and here

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Krautjaeger #11 Posted 19 November 2017 - 03:25 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 641 battles
  • [KOOKS] KOOKS

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 19 November 2017 - 03:10 PM, said:

heya Krout... looks like the ruskies have taken your mod...

Look here

and here

Hehehe... they found it here, then installed it only to 'wth? my game is in English?' and then some other guy figured out how to replace the language files. Well good on them. :) I've been modding various games for almost two decades, some times people port it to another region, some times they copy it and say it's their creation and steal the whole idea but other times they do give credit to the original maker(s) as well. One just have to live with it. I'm just glad as long as people can be able to use this in one form or another. Down the line, I would guess several different versions of this kind of mod will be available as well. :great:

DrSinister #12 Posted 20 November 2017 - 01:21 AM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 106 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Krautjaeger, I am still working on my mod pak, updating and adding new stuff, I will add your mod to my mod pak when I get done.  I do not want to officially release my 2.0 mod pak till I have the new website and pictures/videos done.  

My old mod pak I released before I added all that and got way behind so that is why I want to get the visual for it up and running on a website.

Krautjaeger #13 Posted 20 November 2017 - 01:40 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 641 battles
  • [KOOKS] KOOKS

View PostDrSinister, on 20 November 2017 - 01:21 AM, said:

Krautjaeger, I am still working on my mod pak, updating and adding new stuff, I will add your mod to my mod pak when I get done.  I do not want to officially release my 2.0 mod pak till I have the new website and pictures/videos done.  

My old mod pak I released before I added all that and got way behind so that is why I want to get the visual for it up and running on a website.

Thank you! I'll make sure to keep it updated whenever WG changes things and/or mod-directory is changing. Good luck on your end. :great:

DrSinister #14 Posted 20 November 2017 - 02:14 AM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 106 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

I got a question on your mod.

Are all those files modded in LC_Messages are needed for this mod or is the only modded ones are these:
chinese_pilots.mo
france_pilots.mo
gb_pilots.mo
germany_pilots.mo
japanese_pilots.mo
usa_pilots.mo
ussr_pilots.mo

reason I ask is that if those are the only modded files then you should not have to install the other non modded .mo files into the res_mods directory.

Krautjaeger #15 Posted 20 November 2017 - 02:57 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 641 battles
  • [KOOKS] KOOKS

View PostDrSinister, on 20 November 2017 - 02:14 AM, said:

I got a question on your mod.

Are all those files modded in LC_Messages are needed for this mod or is the only modded ones are these:
chinese_pilots.mo
france_pilots.mo
gb_pilots.mo
germany_pilots.mo
japanese_pilots.mo
usa_pilots.mo
ussr_pilots.mo

reason I ask is that if those are the only modded files then you should not have to install the other non modded .mo files into the res_mods directory.

The way these files and mods work, sadly, is either you bring the whole set or none at all. If you'd just taken the pilots files it messes up all text at best but usually crashes.

DrSinister #16 Posted 20 November 2017 - 06:51 AM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 106 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostKrautjaeger, on 19 November 2017 - 09:57 PM, said:

The way these files and mods work, sadly, is either you bring the whole set or none at all. If you'd just taken the pilots files it messes up all text at best but usually crashes.

Interesting, did not know that with those files. 

Normally with the other things that I mod, that you do not have to bring all the files over, only the ones that you mod.

Krautjaeger #17 Posted 20 November 2017 - 03:03 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 641 battles
  • [KOOKS] KOOKS

View PostDrSinister, on 20 November 2017 - 06:51 AM, said:

Interesting, did not know that with those files. 

Normally with the other things that I mod, that you do not have to bring all the files over, only the ones that you mod.

Yeah, same in WoT as well. Got a mod there that edits just one file, and one has to bring it all over. In WoWs now, they've just added all files in to one 'global.mo'

MARS_REVENANT #18 Posted 20 November 2017 - 04:49 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3368 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
Tried this mod yesterday.  works perfectly. Thanks!

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

Krautjaeger #19 Posted 20 November 2017 - 04:56 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 641 battles
  • [KOOKS] KOOKS

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 20 November 2017 - 04:49 PM, said:

Tried this mod yesterday.  works perfectly. Thanks!

Yeah, you killed me too. Twice. Thanks. :teethhappy: Glad you like the mod. :)

Krautjaeger #20 Posted 21 December 2017 - 01:37 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 641 battles
  • [KOOKS] KOOKS
Updated for patch 2.0.2.0 :) Have fun out there peeps! :great:

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users