Premium Ammo - What the Hell?

what is this shit?

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

NateKrool #61 Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:57 PM

Airman Basic

• 721 battles

View PostBear_82, on 28 November 2017 - 04:41 PM, said:

From the ammo choices(#1), Universal(#2) is always (not sometimes) available for forward-firing weapons. Click Apply(#3) to confirm your selection.

In the picture below, notice the icon & text for Universal is white/gray/silver, where the other 3 are yellow/gold? That tells you the cost is in credits, rather than gold.

Spoiler

OOOHHHHH!  Man, am/was I confused.  My bad, I misunderstood what y'all were referring to.

"Standard" is the default.  I'm guessing that is literal spitballs?

"Universal" is a bit better and is available for silver. 

"HE Incindiary", "HE", and "AP Incindiary" are only availiable for gold.

On a tangential subject, what is the purpose of AP Incindiary?  It has only two pips for fire and damage, less than Universal (aka standard) ammo?  Then again, looking closer, it says it is for damage to ground targets.  That may be better for GA and multi-purpose aircraft?

Edited by NateKrool, 28 November 2017 - 08:06 PM.

Pogo68 #62 Posted 28 November 2017 - 09:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1017 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

I use to run incindiaries for my Machine Guns and the 20mm M61 Vulcan.

Since they made those available only with Gold, I've been using Universal Ammo, for the machine guns and the M61 vulcan.

Makes it easier to set fire to something.

The other cannons, I just use the free ammo.

The rate of fire is just too low to justify using Universal ammo.

Edited by Pogo68, 28 November 2017 - 09:14 PM.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

Charbydis #63 Posted 28 November 2017 - 10:28 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 72 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

I use Universal Ammo, nothing more

LMG #64 Posted 28 November 2017 - 11:00 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 788 battles

View PostNateKrool, on 28 November 2017 - 02:57 PM, said:

OOOHHHHH!  Man, am/was I confused.  My bad, I misunderstood what y'all were referring to.

"Standard" is the default.  I'm guessing that is literal spitballs?

"Universal" is a bit better and is available for silver. 

"HE Incindiary", "HE", and "AP Incindiary" are only availiable for gold.

On a tangential subject, what is the purpose of AP Incindiary?  It has only two pips for fire and damage, less than Universal (aka standard) ammo?  Then again, looking closer, it says it is for damage to ground targets.  That may be better for GA and multi-purpose aircraft?

Universal and most other ammo types don't increase the damage you do. They increase the chance to score a critical hit (aka, damage a wing, blow up the engine, hit the pilot, etc.) and/or the chance to light the target on fire. AP Incendiary, however, does increase the damage guns do to ground targets, on top of adding a moderate chance to light targets on fire. That said, I have no idea if it has any impact on critical hits.

Personally I just use Standard ammo since I mostly play GAAs and I can do just fine with it. My cannons already break aircraft modules on a constant basis if they hit, and I don't have enough machineguns to make use of Incendiary. However, I think AP Incendiary might be the only ammo type I feel iffy about since the difference on damage is quite substantial from what I've heard.

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

SkyWolf__WM #65 Posted 28 November 2017 - 11:03 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1025 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

I used the high explosive ammo in my 81A ( a bad tier 4 P40) and it definitely did make a difference.

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

noupperlobeman #66 Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:09 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 383 battles
Somewhat related: how much does universal belts help GA?

Destroyer_Suzukaze #67 Posted 29 November 2017 - 05:08 AM

• 678 battles

View Postnoupperlobeman, on 28 November 2017 - 04:09 PM, said:

Somewhat related: how much does universal belts help GA?

People say not much, but I have tried them this week and got a couple badges for destroying a ground target by fire and never had before. So they help some. They also help when you get some shots in on a plane. Are they worth it? To me yes to the point where I lose money. If I can't turn a profit I won't use it

LMG #68 Posted 29 November 2017 - 06:08 AM

• 788 battles

View PostDestroyer_Suzukaze, on 29 November 2017 - 12:08 AM, said:

People say not much, but I have tried them this week and got a couple badges for destroying a ground target by fire and never had before. So they help some. They also help when you get some shots in on a plane. Are they worth it? To me yes to the point where I lose money. If I can't turn a profit I won't use it

Ju 88 P's 50mm cannon eats about 15k credits for one use of the Universal ammo. I tried it once and didn't notice enough of an impact to even bother. On my ILs I already have to pay for my rockets and bombs, so I'd rather skip paying for my guns as well :amazed:
This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

pyantoryng #69 Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:27 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 885 battles

View PostLMG, on 29 November 2017 - 06:08 AM, said:

Ju 88 P's 50mm cannon eats about 15k credits for one use of the Universal ammo. I tried it once and didn't notice enough of an impact to even bother. On my ILs I already have to pay for my rockets and bombs, so I'd rather skip paying for my guns as well :amazed:

The 1099B-2's 50mm cost 15k a belt as well.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users