Now Presenting the WOWP Cheatsheet!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

simplepleasures #1 Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:37 PM

Airman Basic

• 453 battles

This is a quick reference guide for equipment and pilot skills.    

Should be handy for newcomers and vets alike.

Post your thoughts/suggestions.

THIS IS AN EVOLVING WORK IN PROGRESS
UK TREE INCOMPLETE AT THIS TIME.
ONCE AGAIN THIS IS STILL A WORK IN PROGRESS

https://docs.google....t#gid=601624856

Seafodder #2 Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:47 PM

Senior Airman

• 531 battles
  • [OTG-I] OTG-I
Very nice and quite helpful.  I'm sure some of the other gurus will chime in with suggestions but I'm too much of a noob to have an opinion.  Looking forward to seeing how this grows and is revised based on some of the other experts inputs.  This needs to be pinned in the appropriate location.

MagusGerhardt #3 Posted 14 November 2017 - 05:01 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 187 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
A great resource!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

nwlxn12 #4 Posted 14 November 2017 - 05:34 PM

Master Sergeant

• 651 battles

I am at work right now and don't know the specific names of the skills but I have found that when you start getting 4 or 5 pilot skills you can change things around and experiment between configurations.  I have found that with both the accuracy pilot skills, you can get buy without the gun sight and use that equipment slot for something else, unless you just can't aim at all.

I have also found that depending on your play style, the improved covering can be replaced with the pilot skill (maneuvering expert or something like that) which also protects you from critical damage as well as reduces the incoming damage.  The pilot skill requires you to do evasive maneuvers before it is active so if you don't have situational awareness and don't anticipate the incoming shots, you probably want to stick with improved covering.

Just pointing out that as you get more pilot skill points, you can change out plane equipment with some pilot skills and adjust your plane performance even more.  There are certain equipment and skills some planes need, but I don't believe there is only one set configuration for a plane.  This also revolves around your play style so individual results will vary.

pyantoryng #5 Posted 14 November 2017 - 05:57 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles
Blohm und Voss Plane without ordnance sight? That kinda defeat their raison d'etre.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

MagusGerhardt #6 Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:22 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 187 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postpyantoryng, on 14 November 2017 - 10:57 AM, said:

Blohm und Voss Plane without ordnance sight? That kinda defeat their raison d'etre.

Well, not really; the low tier BV attacker planes fly low enough that the player shouldn't need additional accuracy beyond just aiming carefully.  I would say that the gun sights would be of more use because the BV spends most of its time shooting at buildings rather than bombing them.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

pyantoryng #7 Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:33 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 14 November 2017 - 06:22 PM, said:

Well, not really; the low tier BV attacker planes fly low enough that the player shouldn't need additional accuracy beyond just aiming carefully.  I would say that the gun sights would be of more use because the BV spends most of its time shooting at buildings rather than bombing them.

I mean the ones in tech tree, the one people (I think you) call the Batwing.

Maximizing R4M performance isn't optimal, but they sure as heck are the best for that job.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

MagusGerhardt #8 Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:39 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 187 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postpyantoryng, on 14 November 2017 - 11:33 AM, said:

I mean the ones in tech tree, the one people (I think you) call the Batwing.

Maximizing R4M performance isn't optimal, but they sure as heck are the best for that job.

If you're talking about the tier VIII, IX and X ones, I've flown them (not the IX) and their rockets are best used against bomber formations, which don't require the extra equipment IMO.

WafflesOfWrath #9 Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:56 PM

Master Sergeant

• 598 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postpyantoryng, on 14 November 2017 - 05:57 PM, said:

The entire point of the ripple rockets is to be fired in a dense shotgun-like spread, tightening this spread can actually reduce your chances of a successful hit. Taking the ordnance sight would also rob the plane of another critical piece of equipment, whether it be improved covering (mandatory because of increased crit %s) engine guru (BnV planes are already a tad too slow to be competitive), etc. An ordnance sight just doesn't bring enough to the table.

Hope this helped

HeadlockMvnky #10 Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:22 PM

Airman Basic

• Administrator
  • 0 battles
Closing this thread. Please continue the discussion here.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users