Randomize the Squall (Poll)

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Poll: Squall (26 members have cast votes)

Would you like to see changes to the squall?

1. No - Leave it as it currently is. (8 votes [30.77%])

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

2. Yes - Remove the squall entirely and have NO respawn. (8 votes [30.77%])

3. Yes - Randomize when the squall comes but give a warning so I can skillfully lawndart and get a new plane. (2 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

4. Yes - Randomize when the squall comes but give NO warning. (8 votes [30.77%])

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Zapperguy #1 Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:21 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 23 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

Here is an honest suggestion to improve the game and offer some unpredictability.

Randomize when the squall comes from the beginning of the battle to the 5 minutes left time that is currently used.

There should be no warning to allow players to intentionally crash to get a new plane. Just Boom! the squall is here, and there's no more support.

It might be at the same time it has been, or it could be 30 seconds into the battle. Every battle would require a little more attention from the start if you want to be alive for the end of it.

Please vote and offer your opinion.

:honoring:

Edited by Zapperguy, 14 November 2017 - 04:07 PM.

Founder of the original CLOWN clan. Haven't lost a single member in over 3 years of existence.

pyantoryng #2 Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:31 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles
Wham! Squall right after deployment, you have officially got Superiority mode back...:D

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Zigfreid #3 Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1163 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

Glad to see you playing my friend, this game is fun.

1.9 got stale, 2.0 is so much more interesting and fast.

One a side note, bomb and rocket kills are alive and fine!

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #4 Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:10 PM

First Lieutenant

• 116 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostZigfreid, on 13 November 2017 - 09:35 AM, said:

congratulations Zig... it looks like when the hall of fame updates you'll be #1 or around there...

on a lesser note... the HOF has only 10 members at this time... I'd have expected more by now

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #5 Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:16 PM

First Lieutenant

• 116 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

oh yeah... as for the Zapmasterson... dude is Highly ranked in the:

World of WarPlanes Forum Edition™

2PointAdNauseam™

(aka WoWPFE™2PAN™)

ya see in the forum game you are automatically ranked with your 1st post and rankings depend on quality not quantity...

:medal:

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Bubba_Zanetti #6 Posted 13 November 2017 - 04:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 399 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 13 November 2017 - 10:10 AM, said:

congratulations Zig... it looks like when the hall of fame updates you'll be #1 or around there...

on a lesser note... the HOF has only 10 members at this time... I'd have expected more by now

Maybe they should have had a race to the top event?

edit: link to release event

Edited by Bubba_Zanetti, 13 November 2017 - 04:43 PM.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #7 Posted 13 November 2017 - 04:17 PM

First Lieutenant

• 116 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostBubba_Zanetti, on 13 November 2017 - 11:14 AM, said:

Maybe they should have had a race to the top event?

that would have been even worse for WoWP... this game mode is way too SUPER easy to burn out on... damn servers' be a ghost town in 3 months if they did that

Killerpopcorn #8 Posted 13 November 2017 - 04:36 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 125 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 13 November 2017 - 10:17 AM, said:

that would have been even worse for WoWP... this game mode is way too SUPER easy to burn out on... damn servers' be a ghost town in 3 months if they did that

Didn't they do that at one point? I know they had a BF110C event and we all(vets) know how that went.

Air Raid #1: 4th place/Air Raid #2 3rd Place/Air Raid #4 2nd Place/Air Raid #5 9th place

Crossover #1 1st Place/ Launch Event 1st place

Zigfreid #9 Posted 13 November 2017 - 04:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1163 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 13 November 2017 - 09:10 AM, said:

It appears that the hall of fame caps at ten and only ten.

If you look at 4 weeks or 1 week every one has a rank.

Lets see which play style gets rewarded the most now.

I know this is a plane game that we love to dogfight in.

However this 2.0 game was built around BOMBERS !

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #10 Posted 13 November 2017 - 04:50 PM

First Lieutenant

• 116 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostZigfreid, on 13 November 2017 - 11:47 AM, said:

It appears that the hall of fame caps at ten and only ten.

If you look at 4 weeks or 1 week every one has a rank.

Lets see which play style gets rewarded the most now.

I know this is a plane game that we love to dogfight in.

However this 2.0 game was built around BOMBERS !

or, this is WG/Persha... it could be broken...

:facepalm:

Zapperguy #11 Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:16 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 23 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostZigfreid, on 13 November 2017 - 10:35 AM, said:

Hey Zigerd!

I'm not really playing. I played 15 battles to qualify for some free stuff per an email offer, and I played 8 more battles to get 5 wins and the Anniversary plane. Respawn really ruins for me. I could probably adapt to this if I didn't have to kill the same person/bot more than once in a 10 minute battle. It's too much like COD like this. Spawn rush die, spawn rush die. Staying alive is necessary in the other 2 titles, why did they have to baby-proof this one?

Founder of the original CLOWN clan. Haven't lost a single member in over 3 years of existence.

MelBrooks #12 Posted 13 November 2017 - 06:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 6 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostZapperguy, on 13 November 2017 - 12:16 PM, said:

Hey Zigerd!

I'm not really playing. I played 15 battles to qualify for some free stuff per an email offer, and I played 8 more battles to get 5 wins and the Anniversary plane. Respawn really ruins for me. I could probably adapt to this if I didn't have to kill the same person/bot more than once in a 10 minute battle. It's too much like COD like this. Spawn rush die, spawn rush die. Staying alive is necessary in the other 2 titles, why did they have to baby-proof this one?

​Unfortunately there are more from the attention deficit generation playing games than the baby boomers Zap, it's just the way it is.

Colddawg #13 Posted 13 November 2017 - 09:13 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 241 battles

With how arcade like this game is it will fail without respawns in at least one of its game modes.  Also, it's completely up to the player if they choose to respawn their plane or leave battle.  WG took a page from WarThunder here (which has respawns in all its game types except for simulation) and did the right thing IMHO.

No one likes being shot down 30 seconds into a battle and having to go back to garage, you never learn anything, you never gain anything, and you certain won't keep investing time/money into something where you die immediately.

Keep your head on the swivel.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #14 Posted 13 November 2017 - 09:34 PM

First Lieutenant

• 116 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostColddawg, on 13 November 2017 - 04:13 PM, said:

With how arcade like this game is it will fail without respawns in at least one of its game modes.  Also, it's completely up to the player if they choose to respawn their plane or leave battle.  WG took a page from WarThunder here (which has respawns in all its game types except for simulation) and did the right thing IMHO.

No one likes being shot down 30 seconds into a battle and having to go back to garage, you never learn anything, you never gain anything, and you certain won't keep investing time/money into something where you die immediately.

I get your point, though... the people that stuck with the game 3-4 years ago almost universally used the "dead" time to jump into the BEST pilots plane on your team (learning/lurker mode) and fly inside the plane of an uber pilot... it's how most, if not all of us learned

...or, some people just keep racing to the hanger, grabbing a new plane and die again... oh yeah, then go to the forums and complain how stupid the game is...

stupid... that's a funny word

Einssniper #15 Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:19 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 622 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

They should definitely reward players who used only 1 sortie until the end;

they should encourage players that did not die in game;

consider your hp recovers slowly, it's not difficult to stand in the last second.

pyantoryng #16 Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:57 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles

View PostEinssniper, on 13 November 2017 - 10:19 PM, said:

consider your hp recovers slowly, it's not difficult to stand in the last second.

You do need to do stuff in 1 sortie to qualify for the epic medals and the tokens that come with them.

Respawn is pointless when people just ragequits...it's a real problem.

Edited by pyantoryng, 14 November 2017 - 02:57 AM.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

TenkouKuugen #17 Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:30 AM

Senior Airman

• 483 battles

View PostEinssniper, on 14 November 2017 - 07:19 AM, said:

I was thinking: since the game has become arcade, why not copy good aspects from an arcade game?

Give each players 3 "lives" (you know, the little plane icon in arcade games) and reward each unused "lives" with a multiplier; credit or XP idc...

The squall line can be removed entirely with that.

Zapperguy #18 Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:51 AM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 23 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

Granted it is only tier I, but is respawn really necessary at all?

Spoiler

Zapperguy #19 Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:08 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 23 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

Edited the title to elicit more votes.

:honoring:

Seafodder #20 Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:55 PM

Senior Airman

• 531 battles
  • [OTG-I] OTG-I
I like the idea of randomizing the squall line and not giving prior warning.  I muted the stupid voice-over guy because he annoyed me to no end so most of the time I don't notice the warning in time to lawn dart so I like the idea of everyone else being in the same boat...  :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users