Question - Premium planes locking training?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

FlakValleyExpress #1 Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:34 PM

Captain

• 16 battles

I played, yes played over the weekend. I worked on getting the WG birthday gift. Thank goodness GranMa did not make me work for my birthday gift when I was five. I digress. Anyways, one of the things I noted is the block in red.

I thought premiums are used to train pilots in gaining XP because you can jump any crew in to bump up their XP for higher level skills. Was this changed in the 2.0 update?

Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

hawkeyededic #2 Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:35 PM

Resident Researcher

• -Community Ace-
  • 148 battles
That has been that way for a long time, at least since 1.9 if not before.

Hawkeye's Hangar, your one stop spot for all my repaints. Like me on Facebook for news, updates and more.

soydivision #3 Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:45 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 155 battles
  • [X3M] X3M
Yeah, that changed back in 1.95 when they revamped pilot skills I think?

FlakValleyExpress #4 Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:46 PM

Captain

• 16 battles

View Posthawkeyededic, on 13 November 2017 - 07:35 AM, said:

That has been that way for a long time, at least since 1.9 if not before.

View Postsoydivision, on 13 November 2017 - 07:45 AM, said:

Yeah, that changed back in 1.95 when they revamped pilot skills I think?

I guess I did not pay attention then to the change back then.  Thanks for the answer.

Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

comtedumas #5 Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:55 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1122 battles
  • [NIN-] NIN-

View PostFlakValleyExpress, on 13 November 2017 - 07:34 AM, said:

I played, yes played over the weekend. I worked on getting the WG birthday gift. Thank goodness GranMa did not make me work for my birthday gift when I was five. I digress. Anyways, one of the things I noted is the block in red.

I thought premiums are used to train pilots in gaining XP because you can jump any crew in to bump up their XP for higher level skills. Was this changed in the 2.0 update?

did you get any skill point xp?  Proficiency is your pilot skills, like getting checked out in a new aircraft.  That’s whats frozen.  On the right are your pilot skills, did you get some on the the right?  I bet you did.  

Edited by comtedumas, 13 November 2017 - 12:57 PM.

Heard on the forum.  "1.9 was a hardcore air combat sim.  And it had a lead indicator"  HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pyantoryng #6 Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:32 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles
Been this way for a while...clearly you had no need to move your pilots around after that change hit. Hell, the forum went into an uproar of sorts for a bit then, too.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Mercsn #7 Posted 13 November 2017 - 06:01 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 432 battles

They REALLY need to fix the wording of that whole page.   If your pilot's proficiency is at 100% in whatever tech tree plane he's trained in, your pilot will earn SKILL xp in the premium plane (the xp that increases his skill points).  The pilot will NOT earn PROFICIENCY, which is from 50% to 100%.

Read my answer to someone else with issues regarding this confusing text, with pictures n stuff here.

Basically, don't put your pilot in the premium until you get him to 100% in whatever he's actually trained on.

Edited by Mercsn, 13 November 2017 - 06:04 PM.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

LMG #8 Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:20 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 222 battles
I can confirm that the pilot does indeed get XP as long as he has reached his initial 100% proficiency. I think premium planes should specify that they cannot train pilots of other aircraft previous to them getting that initial 100% proficiency, that lock even had me guessing what was going on :amazed:

pyantoryng #9 Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:34 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles

View PostLMG, on 13 November 2017 - 07:20 PM, said:

I can confirm that the pilot does indeed get XP as long as he has reached his initial 100% proficiency. I think premium planes should specify that they cannot train pilots of other aircraft previous to them getting that initial 100% proficiency, that lock even had me guessing what was going on :amazed:

The same applies to normal aircrafts as well. No more is the old trick of collecting daily bonuses with just one pilot on ALL planes he could use.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

TwistedKestrel #10 Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:09 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 168 battles
  • [KAIJU] KAIJU

View PostMercsn, on 13 November 2017 - 01:01 PM, said:

They REALLY need to fix the wording of that whole page.   If your pilot's proficiency is at 100% in whatever tech tree plane he's trained in, your pilot will earn SKILL xp in the premium plane (the xp that increases his skill points).  The pilot will NOT earn PROFICIENCY, which is from 50% to 100%.

Read my answer to someone else with issues regarding this confusing text, with pictures n stuff here.

Basically, don't put your pilot in the premium until you get him to 100% in whatever he's actually trained on.

Thanks for clearing that up, I was wondering about the wording myself

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users