Moderation Bug Report Mod Reintroduction

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Drakomis #1 Posted 13 November 2017 - 06:40 AM

Airman Basic

• 6 battles
  • [DDD] DDD

Hi,

I've played War of Warplanes off and on since Beta. I've come back to the newest update unable to even post in the help section because of some system in place ("you must fight 5 battles before posting"), which confuses me beyond belief. I've played more than that in my time with this game. My profile doesn't even reflect how much I've played. Is it update based?

I can't even talk in chat because it gives me an error #105 everytime I try to. Is this because of the recent update or something? Additionally, what happened to old fashioned fighting? What is this "conquest" mode and why doesn't it register for my profile for battles?

Anyway, for the purpose of reintroduction I was in Beta for a bit. Off and on due to job security IRL. I enjoy this game, a sweet pass-time while playing in-between WOT and WoWS. The update, graphically, is outstanding in my opinion. Like I mentioned prior, however, there seems to be a few bugs. I'll probably continue my off and on habit despite recent medical conditions IRL, but I still love this game. It really is nice.

Hope to be somewhat active.

-Drakomis

*EDIT*

What in the world...I had a lot more posts than that. What in the world even happened here? Lost my Beta tag and everything.

Edited by Drakomis, 13 November 2017 - 06:47 AM.

Mercsn #2 Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:01 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 432 battles
Welcome back. I also recently returned after about 3.5 years away.  It's decently fun, but could be better.  And yes, still some bugs.  For 2.0, with things being so radically different, they apparently wiped mission counts.  Although, you can see my post count remained as did my Beta tag.  I think they got more players than they expected and the hand off between servers lobby, match, and chat (all diff servers) is having trouble.  I was talking to a guy after a match, I'd offered to help cover him since he was flying GA.  But, he was showing offline (while I'm receiving messages from him) and he couldn't see the flight invitation.  When I re-logged, I saw the chat boxes blacked out for an instant with a certain error code and then they came back up, but 2 of my contacts dropped to offline status.  Hopefully they sort that out.   And...at least you got the 5 battles in so you can post here! :sceptic:  I'm sure that was done in the past to keep bots and spammers out of the forums, but again you had a battle count so wouldn't have noticed it until they did the reset.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

LMG #3 Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:15 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 222 battles
I believe they whiped the Open Beta Tester tags, as I also lost mine. That said, I still have my emblem on some of my planes that I show off whenever I can :medal:

Hansdorr #4 Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:09 AM

Airman Basic

• 16 battles

Howdy!! I to am an old timer (62 years old, whew....) returning. I was in the beta as well and four years ago I just could not make this game work for me. I was quite disappointed. Just too damn hard and frustrating. I've never been that good at flying games, so I just walked away back to Tanks and Warships (6 year U.S. Navy vet).

I just reinstalled Warplanes today and jumped back in to give it another to a go....... I have been very pleasantly surprised!!! I have NEVER had this much fun flying and fighting in airplanes, ever!!! Thank you very much Wargaming.net for making it so easy to get back in!! So much better than before. Well Done Lads!!!

"Once committed to an attack, fly in at full speed. After scoring crippling or disabling hits, I would clear myself and then repeat the process. I never pursued the enemy once they had eluded me. Better to break off and set up again for a new assault. I always began my attacks from full strength, if possible, my ideal flying height being 22,000 ft because at that altitude I could best utilize the performance of my aircraft. Combat flying is based on the slashing attack and rough maneuvering. In combat flying, fancy precision aerobatic work is really not of much use. Instead, it is the rough maneuver which succeeds".

— Colonel Erich 'Bubi' Hartmann, GAF, aka Karaya One, the World's leading ace, with 352 victories in WWII Jagdgeschwader 52.

Cheers!!! Hansdorr

trikke #5 Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:30 PM

Master Sergeant

• 238 battles

View PostHansdorr, on 13 November 2017 - 08:09 PM, said:

Howdy!! I to am an old timer (62 years old, whew....) returning. I was in the beta as well and four years ago I just could not make this game work for me.

63 here...  you're just a whippersnapper!

welcome back and have fun!   search for me and make me a 'contact', and we'll squad up on voice comm and relearn this bee-otch together!

i fly usually 10am-2pm est  monday-friday

Drakomis #6 Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:36 PM

Airman Basic

• 6 battles
  • [DDD] DDD

View PostMercsn, on 13 November 2017 - 10:01 AM, said:

Welcome back. I also recently returned after about 3.5 years away.  It's decently fun, but could be better.  And yes, still some bugs.  For 2.0, with things being so radically different, they apparently wiped mission counts.  Although, you can see my post count remained as did my Beta tag.  I think they got more players than they expected and the hand off between servers lobby, match, and chat (all diff servers) is having trouble.  I was talking to a guy after a match, I'd offered to help cover him since he was flying GA.  But, he was showing offline (while I'm receiving messages from him) and he couldn't see the flight invitation.  When I re-logged, I saw the chat boxes blacked out for an instant with a certain error code and then they came back up, but 2 of my contacts dropped to offline status.  Hopefully they sort that out.   And...at least you got the 5 battles in so you can post here! :sceptic:  I'm sure that was done in the past to keep bots and spammers out of the forums, but again you had a battle count so wouldn't have noticed it until they did the reset.

Yeah that must of been it! I was an Open, not closed beta tester. I don't know, weird. I just got finished asking customer service about it and they said "they couldn't find anything" and "was it on another account?". I got so confused, I just dropped the issue, hahahha.

View PostLMG, on 13 November 2017 - 07:15 PM, said:

I believe they whiped the Open Beta Tester tags, as I also lost mine. That said, I still have my emblem on some of my planes that I show off whenever I can :medal:

Thank you so much for that tidbit! I appreciate it! Yeah, I got mine on my planes too.

View PostHansdorr, on 14 November 2017 - 01:09 AM, said:

Howdy!! I to am an old timer (62 years old, whew....) returning. I was in the beta as well and four years ago I just could not make this game work for me. I was quite disappointed. Just too damn hard and frustrating. I've never been that good at flying games, so I just walked away back to Tanks and Warships (6 year U.S. Navy vet).

I just reinstalled Warplanes today and jumped back in to give it another to a go....... I have been very pleasantly surprised!!! I have NEVER had this much fun flying and fighting in airplanes, ever!!! Thank you very much Wargaming.net for making it so easy to get back in!! So much better than before. Well Done Lads!!!

"Once committed to an attack, fly in at full speed. After scoring crippling or disabling hits, I would clear myself and then repeat the process. I never pursued the enemy once they had eluded me. Better to break off and set up again for a new assault. I always began my attacks from full strength, if possible, my ideal flying height being 22,000 ft because at that altitude I could best utilize the performance of my aircraft. Combat flying is based on the slashing attack and rough maneuvering. In combat flying, fancy precision aerobatic work is really not of much use. Instead, it is the rough maneuver which succeeds".

— Colonel Erich 'Bubi' Hartmann, GAF, aka Karaya One, the World's leading ace, with 352 victories in WWII Jagdgeschwader 52.

Cheers!!! Hansdorr

Amen! Just the bugs....and thanks for your service!

Also tagged with Moderation, Bug, Report, Mod, Reintroduction

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users