Fun but Frustrating!!!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

SnickerDoodle99 #1 Posted 12 November 2017 - 06:38 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1022 battles

While playing a fighter and engaging neutral fighters, how the heck does it take into account wether you get cap points or kill points? Three games now I've been in the neutral zone contesting it along with team mates and assisted in shooting down neutral defense targets and securing the zone. By the end of the game, no zone cap points. Help a potato understand!?

LMG #2 Posted 12 November 2017 - 06:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2436 battles
You earn capture points by killing hostile aircraft over areas that are not under your team's control, or by destroying ground targets within said area (but you have to destroy every single building in a group for it to count; leaving one standing doesn't count). Destroying aircraft in general gets you more capture points than destroying ground targets.
This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

SnickerDoodle99 #3 Posted 12 November 2017 - 06:54 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1022 battles
That's what I'm not understanding. In the last game for example I shot down a neutral P41 but it didn't alert me to say I got the kill,  or even contributed to the kill. We won the sector, but the end result said 0 sector cap points.

LMG #4 Posted 12 November 2017 - 06:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2436 battles
Defense Aircraft do not give "kill" notifications, as that's reserved for player kills, but you do see the combat points on the right of the screen (sadly they're white with no outline, so it's quite hard to see mid-flight). My guess is that someone else got the killing blow, getting the capture points instead
This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

SnickerDoodle99 #5 Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:00 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1022 battles
AHA!!!! I think I understand now, and will check that next game. Much thanks for your replies :)

pyantoryng #6 Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:19 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2173 battles

Capture point come from KILL, not DAMAGE, or ASSIST. Same goes for targets, they must be completely destroyed to count towards capture.

A neutral airfield or garrison will go down with 3 defense planes downed assuming no hapless friendly die or lawndart inside the circle.

If it's for mission...is it still bugged?

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #7 Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:50 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2395 battles

View Postpyantoryng, on 12 November 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

Capture point come from KILL, not DAMAGE, or ASSIST. Same goes for targets, they must be completely destroyed to count towards capture.

^^ This - it's not readily intuitive or always fully explained in any of the ''tips'' but partials do nothing at all, and is the main reason bots hinder a team as they frequently do not finish damaged neutral aircraft or structures.

All folks can really do is pick the best target for the capabilities of whichever a/c was queued for a match and then alpha strike vulnerable a/c or buildings as fast as possible.

One tactic is that if most of a team goes to the closest point, help capture it but save ordnance for the next area as bots will unload on the same target(s) then be waiting on rearm, which costs momentum in capturing.

If the guns can finish a building, do that (in particular the ''light'' structures with a dot such as tents & small buildings); likewise, always kill secure a/c that look like they might evade or those damaged yet being ignored.

Bots still seem quite bad at crashing into slow flying ground attack a/c instead of using airbrakes if not outright breaking off.

Air Defense (white/blue/red) a/c are worth (40) points if shot down [or otherwise destroyed] over a capture area.

Enemy a/c from the opposing team are worth (60) points if shot down [or otherwise destroyed]  over a (white) neutral area.

Enemy a/c from the opposing team are worth (40) points if shot down [or otherwise destroyed] over a (captured) area being defended.

One thing not apparent at first, as noted by the above poster, is that friendly a/c shot down when trying to capture an area reduce the current point score, as do a/c shot down by defending a/c over an already captured area.

Bots also frequently lawndart or crash which can negate the points earned towards a capture quite fast, notoriously common over a military base for some reason; AA at the lower tiers can wreck planes as well.

As far as I can tell from the AAR bomber flight a/c are essentially worthless towards capture or defense points, and they are usually engaged by the bots over neutral territory regardless of current team score.

Edited by Soylent_Red_Isnt_People, 13 November 2017 - 12:13 AM.

"If they don't chase you after a mile, they don't chase ya.... Maybe it's two miles...."   ---   "You wanna play it soft, we'll play it soft. You wanna play it hard, let's play it hard."

5801234590.png

''Under control? You're grabbing a f**king bazooka, you dumba**!''

Capture Points & You --- Graphic Settings Explored --- Grinding Tokens; Not so Daily Missions --- Ground Targets & Mission Types in 2.0 --- Equipment 2.0.5; Huh?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users