is there a newb's guide to low tier "largest margin of error" planes?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

trikke #1 Posted 12 November 2017 - 06:27 PM

Master Sergeant

• 238 battles

i could see this topic helping many new people trying wowp for the first time...

tier one... all equal?  maybe the i-5 has a tiny advantage?

tier two-five?

LMG #2 Posted 12 November 2017 - 06:50 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 222 battles
Usually advantages-disadvantages are based off aircraft line. For example, the soviet GAA line gets lots of bombs and rockets, while the german GAA line gets big and efficient cannons alongside decent maneuverability and speed for their class. It's usually better to see the stats yourself to determine where a plane has an advantage over others, whether it is big cannons, lots of machineguns, good energy management or tight turning, to name a few

CamuMahubah #3 Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:10 PM

Master Sergeant

• 226 battles

I have not watched this video yet.  I have watched many of his other vids so I feel confident putting this one up. 

I know at tier 2 the only plane I kept was the AO 192 German Heavy because energy fighting was a novel concept to me and we'll yah I needed to stay after class and the AO 192 and I sorta have been together for so many years now...let's just say we have fought through the burning fires of hell and her machine guns kept on spraying

and her engines kept on boosting no matter how drunk or incompetent I was at the time.  Great plane at tier 2 to learn some Zoom and Boom and Zoom.  Also enough HP to last longer than 30 seconds.  Has Bombs.  Boost for days.  And she will let you noob out and panic and she will morph into a turn and burn fighter for you when lose all your energy like a noob.  

Horses for courses but AO 192 will teach you what you need when learning.  Reminds me of my 1978 Pontiac Gran Prix.  Ugly pig that goes down the highway like a fluffy couch.  Very comfortable to fly and you can even swap seats and shoot out the back.

The only tier 2 I kept.  

Edited by CamuMahubah, 14 November 2017 - 08:57 AM.

CamoCladWarrior #4 Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:30 PM

Master Sergeant

• 57 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostCamuMahubah, on 12 November 2017 - 07:10 PM, said:

I have not watched this video yet.  I have watched many of his other vids so I feel confident putting this one up.

I know at tier 2 the only plane I kept was the AO 92 German Heavy because energy fighting was a novel concept to me and we'll yah I needed to stay after class and the AO 92 and I sorta have been together for so many years now...let's say we have fought through the burning fires of hell and her machine guns kept on spraying

and her engines kept on boosting no matter how drunk or incompetent I was at the time.  Great plane at tier 2 to learn some Zoom and Boom and Zoom.  Also enough HP to last longer than 30 seconds.  Has Bombs.  Boost for days.  And she will let you noob out and panic and she will morph into a turn and burn fighter for you when lose all your energy like a noob. 

Horses for courses but AO 92 will teach you what you need when learning.  Reminds me of my 1978 Pontiac Gran Prix.  Ugly pig that goes down the highway like a fluffy couch.  Very comfortable to fly and you can even swap seats and shoot out the back.

The only tier 2 I kept. 

I think I am now dumber from having watched that video...

CamuMahubah #5 Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:36 PM

Master Sergeant

• 226 battles

View PostCamoCladWarrior, on 12 November 2017 - 07:30 PM, said:

I think I am now dumber from having watched that video...

Is it that bad?  

Oh my...I may have blundered..

Edited by CamuMahubah, 12 November 2017 - 09:56 PM.

Destroyer_Suzukaze #6 Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:33 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 277 battles

View Posttrikke, on 12 November 2017 - 10:27 AM, said:

i could see this topic helping many new people trying wowp for the first time...

tier one... all equal?  maybe the i-5 has a tiny advantage?

tier two-five?

Op, the answer is no because in any plane your mileage may vary

Each person plays a game with a unique style. GA I am pretty good at. Turn and burn fighters, I'm really bad.

You need to find what suits you and your style. None of the low level planes are bad though. 

trikke #7 Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:45 PM

Master Sergeant

• 238 battles

i've been somewhat successful with tnb fighters, but love love german heavies for some reason... the farthest thing from a tnb

just got the ths-3 last week and having fun with it, despite the low and slow flight characteristics 

it's a pity that the majority of new folks won't read forums

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users