Missions & Gameplay Causing Problems & Frustration with players "Out of Sync"

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

cobra_marksman #1 Posted 12 November 2017 - 01:44 PM

Master Sergeant

• 678 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
They need to correct this problem, if this game is every going to have a chance. Here's a good example of 1 of many missions...... 10 token Mission ( weekly mission )3 sets of tiers...Need 40,000 points per tier, only receive points.. at airfields, No Win required to be awarded points. So Now....PLAYERS don't care about capping anything other then Airfields. They fly back & forth across the map &ONLY Attack AIRBASES for the required points. They don't care about Winning Or Capping any bases. This is just ONE of many missions that disrupts & frustrates players who can't & don't understand why they can't win the round.  Players appear to be going in different direction, fly their own required missions , & can care less about other players needs, because of these mission requirements. So you can see where this becomes a problem if everyone else Needs a Win, & other players don't. They either Need to Remove the WIN required or match the missions with the game so that everyone on both sides are on the same page.

CamoCladWarrior #2 Posted 12 November 2017 - 02:04 PM

Master Sergeant

• 57 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View Postcobra_marksman, on 12 November 2017 - 01:44 PM, said:

They need to correct this problem, if this game is every going to have a chance. Here's a good example of 1 of many missions...... 10 token Mission ( weekly mission )3 sets of tiers...Need 40,000 points per tier, only receive points.. at airfields, No Win required to be awarded points. So Now....PLAYERS don't care about capping anything other then Airfields. They fly back & forth across the map &ONLY Attack AIRBASES for the required points. They don't care about Winning Or Capping any bases. This is just ONE of many missions that disrupts & frustrates players who can't & don't understand why they can't win the round.  Players appear to be going in different direction, fly their own required missions , & can care less about other players needs, because of these mission requirements. So you can see where this becomes a problem if everyone else Needs a Win, & other players don't. They either Need to Remove the WIN required or match the missions with the game so that everyone on both sides are on the same page.

This actually explains a lot of the chaotic mess I see round after round.  I start a game some times and see people doing crap that makes me lose my wig, now I understand why that might be.  I suffered through about 10-15 games Friday and yesterday trying to get that stupid plane they are giving away this weekend.  It was torture suffering through each game.  some 15-20 kills 10k+ superiority points and we lost any way.  I keep trying to enjoy this game but it is like licking a 9 volt battery every time I play, I keep asking myself why I did it...  So sad given how much I enjoyed playing it before 2.0...

Edited by CamoCladWarrior, 12 November 2017 - 02:05 PM.

MelBrooks #3 Posted 12 November 2017 - 02:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 6 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
Everybody is suppose to be at 50%, and equally achieve goals comrade. 

StoptheViolins #4 Posted 12 November 2017 - 02:11 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 621 battles
Imagine the 40k ground target mission at T1-4....

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #5 Posted 12 November 2017 - 02:51 PM

First Lieutenant

• 116 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

you guys remember when WG WoWP had the "Kill 5 Attack Aircraft in your heavy fighter for premium engine boost"... that damn mission lasted a week and they'd put it up way too often... 

That was pure comedy and the forums were full of rage...

Ahhh, the good ol' days

:teethhappy:

Edited by Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo, 12 November 2017 - 02:52 PM.

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

cobra_marksman #6 Posted 12 November 2017 - 03:12 PM

Master Sergeant

• 678 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostStoptheViolins, on 12 November 2017 - 09:11 AM, said:

Imagine the 40k ground target mission at T1-4....

Accomplished the mission in the tier 3 &tier 6  Bomber, but it took all week to get that Dumb mission done. While flying that mission, my teammates lost most of the rounds because I wasn't interested in bombing or capping anything but Airfields. Sorry, but that was the dumb mission they had me doingBut on the bright side, No pressure on winning the round,....but on the. down side my Win / Loss Ratio took a hit.  But did manage to get those 10 Golden Tokens on my way to the tier 8  " Carrot Bomber ". Hopefully in the near future, if they are going to require a " Team Effort " for  Wins..... they Need to Adjust their token missions to better reflect team playing.

Edited by cobra_marksman, 12 November 2017 - 03:29 PM.

rb1951 #7 Posted 12 November 2017 - 03:59 PM

Master Sergeant

• 14 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
Win ratio has little to do with skill which is why they set it up that way.I flew 9 battles yesterday to get that free plane I really didn't want just to see what updates made any difference.. won 5 of those battles and the 4 I lost were actually better results for me personally. Think the game is performing exactly the way they want it to!!

CamoCladWarrior #8 Posted 12 November 2017 - 05:42 PM

Master Sergeant

• 57 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostMelBrooks, on 12 November 2017 - 02:04 PM, said:

Everybody is suppose to be at 50%, and equally achieve goals comrade.

I'm actually surprised they even keep stats at this point...  All the awards should look like this:

Played a game award:

Shot someone down award:

Got shot down award:

Edited by CamoCladWarrior, 12 November 2017 - 05:43 PM.

CamoCladWarrior #9 Posted 12 November 2017 - 05:45 PM

Master Sergeant

• 57 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View Postrb1951, on 12 November 2017 - 03:59 PM, said:

Win ratio has little to do with skill which is why they set it up that way.I flew 9 battles yesterday to get that free plane I really didn't want just to see what updates made any difference.. won 5 of those battles and the 4 I lost were actually better results for me personally. Think the game is performing exactly the way they want it to!!

Which is exactly why it sucks so freaking bad...

Pogo68 #10 Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:49 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 302 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View Postrb1951, on 12 November 2017 - 07:59 AM, said:

Heh.

I had a battle where I got 19 kills in the Spad and still lost.

I currently have a mission that requires me to kill 40 planes while defending/attacking a command post, so total of 120 aircraft.

Well it's stuck at 20 planes in Tier 1-4 because I haven't seen a single map with a CP in two days.

Edited by Pogo68, 13 November 2017 - 03:21 AM.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

comtedumas #11 Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:31 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1122 battles
  • [NIN-] NIN-

View PostCamoCladWarrior, on 12 November 2017 - 12:42 PM, said:

I'm actually surprised they even keep stats at this point...  All the awards should look like this:

Played a game award:

Shot someone down award:

Got shot down award:

didn’t you rage quit?  
Heard on the forum.  "1.9 was a hardcore air combat sim.  And it had a lead indicator"  HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blast_Radius1 #12 Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:23 AM

Senior Airman

• 580 battles

Yeah, I had one that required me to kill 10 AA guns in a single match. I imagined my teams happiness if I just flew round killing AA guns...

To be honest, I kinda gave up on win rates once I realised the missions were why my team mates were doing...interesting... things. That and the bots who seem to enjoy chasing each other round a capped base :amazed:

Einssniper #13 Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:31 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 622 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

Things would change a lot if they add a new bomber line, purchasable with silver credits;

Premium bombers -> shortage in tokens -> fervor in getting tokens through mission -> decreased gaming experience

Edited by Einssniper, 13 November 2017 - 07:33 AM.

cobra_marksman #14 Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:46 PM

Master Sergeant

• 678 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostBlast_Radius1, on 13 November 2017 - 02:23 AM, said:

Yeah, I had one that required me to kill 10 AA guns in a single match. I imagined my teams happiness if I just flew round killing AA guns...

To be honest, I kinda gave up on win rates once I realised the missions were why my team mates were doing...interesting... things. That and the bots who seem to enjoy chasing each other round a capped base :amazed:

Yea I just did that one yesterday,....flew from base to base, not capping anything, trying to beat teammates  from taking them out first. You forgot to mention,  it only counts if your team wins  the round......double screw.

CruzANDBruz #15 Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:43 PM

Master Sergeant

• 797 battles

Personally, I don't pay much attention to missions, I play to win battles. I never set out purposefully to complete a mission. In fact, I have the Tier V I-207 premium plane and don't even know what I completed to get it. Cobra's post seems to explain some of the behavior I see though.

I've been in a lot of battles where my team was ahead and in control of more capped sites when the squall line came - meaning all we had to do is defend our friendly capped sites and let time expire to secure the win -  but we lost the battle because a substantial portion of my team ran off to attack a capped enemy airfield. So, instead of making the enemy fight over our capped and heavily defended sites, we fought over theirs. A short time later they're all dead and the enemy has twice or three times the number of pilots in play, quickly changing the strategy from a points strategy to a "kill everyone" strategy, which they were able to do.  

I always figured these were newer players, but I guess not necessarily. They're just chasing points or kills instead of the win.  

Edited by CruzANDBruz, 13 November 2017 - 05:43 PM.

comtedumas #16 Posted 13 November 2017 - 09:30 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1122 battles
  • [NIN-] NIN-

View Postcobra_marksman, on 12 November 2017 - 08:44 AM, said:

never been in the military, have you?  The mission is everything.  
Heard on the forum.  "1.9 was a hardcore air combat sim.  And it had a lead indicator"  HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users