destroy 5 ground targets mission help

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Gothik_Knight #1 Posted 12 November 2017 - 12:30 PM

Airman Basic

• 143 battles
  • [TBIRD] TBIRD

Destroying 5 ground targets doesn't sound like it would be tough, but I've been working on it for days now to no avail.  I decided to try to go up the Russian GAA line to get this done and I'm currently flying the tier 4 BSH 2.  I feel like there are numerous problems with this mission and, while I feel like some of those problems must be me, others seem to be inherent flaws in the game. for example,  there are many times that a target zone is already half blue by the time I get there, and before I can even completely destroy one ground target, the zone is flipped, I then need to turn and go to another zone, but again my slow GAA will get there late and the zone will probably be flipped before I even get there, or my allied fighters will have already died, leaving me with no support.

Any tips at all on how to complete this mission would be helpful. Do I need to switch to German GAA or just get a different tier Russian GAA? How do I need to change tactics so that I can get to places and have fighter cover while still having time to destroy ground targets?  Any other words of warning or encouragement?  Thanks.

Mercsn #2 Posted 12 November 2017 - 01:04 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 432 battles

Try going to factories, mines, plants.  They have no air defenses, from what I understand and can only be taken by craft with bombs n rockets. and if another GA shows up, u can shoot him down as a bonus.

If you see the entire heard going one place...follow them, but don't use your bombs since faster planes with bombs and the fighters will get their first locking up the zone.  Save your bombs for the next target.  Try to "steal" things that have already been damaged.  The "kill" comes from killing the last piece of a target group.  It's kinda tough, especially with the multi-role's thinking they should be dropping bombs when a GA is in the area.  But, it's doable.   You didn't mention which Bsh.  The BSH1, doesn't have the guns that the IL's do, so that kinda hurts too.  The Bsh-2, has guns that will hurt the "soft" targets and those 2100 damage bombs will kill an AA gun assembly if you put it in the center of the group.

Best advice is to look for targets to steal.  Don't drop your bombs on the first zone your team goes to, it will cap fast.  Since your slow, you might want to start heading towards the next zone to get their same time as the rest of the team.  Also, once you start dropping bombs, get rid of them as quickly as you accurately can so you start the timer going sooner, even if that zone caps and you have 1 left, drop it to get the counter going.

Good luck!

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

Bear_82 #3 Posted 12 November 2017 - 01:26 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 28 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostMercsn, on 12 November 2017 - 06:04 AM, said:

. . . You didn't mention which Bsh.  The (tier 3)BSH1, doesn't have the guns that the IL's do, so that kinda hurts too.  The (tier 4)Bsh-2, has guns that will hurt the "soft" targets and those 2100 damage bombs will kill an AA gun assembly if you put it in the center of the group.

actually he did

View PostGothik_Knight, on 12 November 2017 - 05:30 AM, said:

. . . I'm currently flying the tier 4 BSH 2. . .

Gothik_Knight #4 Posted 12 November 2017 - 03:46 PM

Airman Basic

• 143 battles
  • [TBIRD] TBIRD

He was helpful though, so I was gonna let him slide.

The problem was that I was being way too conservative with my bombs.  On the multi-roles, the bombs don't really seem that good to me, even though the F4F's bombs say they have more damage and a bigger radius, they just don't seem to destroy targets as well..  (I'm guessing that my significantly faster speed on the F4F makes the bombs less accurate)..  So I wasn't expecting the bombs on the BSH-2 to really be that helpful.  I also hadn't noticed that the bombs only start to regen after you use all of them.  When I started actively trying to get rid of my bombs, I suddenly started destroying 8+ ground targets per match.  Now if I could just get my F4F bombs to be that effective.

LMG #5 Posted 12 November 2017 - 05:02 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 222 battles
The key to soviet GAAs is learning where to use bombs/rockets and where cannons are enough. It helps playing the german GAAs to realize this, as not all of them have access to that ordnance and rely solely on cannons

Mercsn #6 Posted 12 November 2017 - 05:11 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 432 battles

I swear, the first time I read it, I read "LBSh", then the second time I read it I just saw "BSH".   In the multiroles....drop bombs only when your team needs you to to help cap an objective if no aircraft available to shoot.  But, when you do drop them, do a dive bomb type approach, say, 45-65 degree dive, leave room to pull up, drop em all on 1 target spaced so you cover the whole thing.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

MARS_REVENANT #7 Posted 12 November 2017 - 05:21 PM

Colonel

• 809 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

Try watching these...  Let me know if it helps.

http://forum.worldof...709#entry700709

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users