Tech Tree Plane Prices Not 50% Off

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Catch21 #1 Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:58 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 466 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

I went to buy a US F4F Wildcat this am, and the price was 336K, not the 168K @ 50% off for Tier II-V (It's Tier V) on the Anniversary Sale that ends tomorrow. The system told me I'd run out of silver:

WoWP- F4F Wildcat Buy.JPG

Someone else also had the same Q yesterday here, and I'd checked for them and found on my system (then, post daily reset) it seemed OK. But it got me thinking that the silver reserves I thought I had for the weekend specials were running down an awful lot faster than I'd expected (I've a premium account too, I'm not losing money/game and only have up to Tier V).

Looking at the Tech Tree for the US F4F Wildcat I see:

WoWP-F4F Wildcat.JPG

which also shows the price @ 336K when @ 50% off it should be 168K. 

Double checking against another plane I'm trying to buy (Japan Tier V A6M2 Zero) I see the same problem, it's showing a purchase price of 324K when it should be 162K @ 50% off:

WoWP-F4F Wildcat.JPG

If possible, can WG take a look at my purchase history over the last 2 days since the sale began?

Can anyone else confirm what I'm seeing here?

I've purchased c10 planes this weekend and equipment to match, and starting off with 5MM credits, I'm surprised that starting the last day of the sale I'm out of cash.

Yesterday, I bought mostly Tier IVs (8 of them), and they go for c130K normally and 65K on 50% sale, so the difference between normal and sale price was 8*65=520K, individually not much but in total a lot. I also bought a LaGG-5 and Spitfire I and if I paid normal versus sale price the differential would have been c320K. So if this did happen I'm 1MM short of the funds I thought I had.

Today I'd planned to buy more Tier 5s, and i'll be short c320K per plane. Is the sale still on, was there some change or error I'm not aware of? 

(Btw I'm posting just before the server reset, so maybe this is an error between maintenance reset and daily specials reset).

LATE EDIT: There's a (temporary) workaround to this here now.

Edited by Catch21, 12 November 2017 - 04:09 PM.

Catch21 #2 Posted 12 November 2017 - 12:18 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 466 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

Just to add to this, I don't think any equipment or consumables are showing up as 50% off as they should until tomorrow am (13th November) per announcement here either:

Starts November 10 03:20 PT / 06:20 ET
Ends November 13 03:20 PT / 06:20 ET

The x5 for First Victory works though...

Consumables- Full.JPG

Equipment- Full Price.JPG

Catch21 #3 Posted 12 November 2017 - 12:31 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 466 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5
I checked the EU server, it's fine, planes, consumables, equipment @ 50% off. Just NA.

Catch21 #4 Posted 12 November 2017 - 12:36 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 466 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5
And others have reported the same problem(s) in the General Section here.

CamoCladWarrior #5 Posted 12 November 2017 - 02:11 PM

Master Sergeant

• 57 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

I saw this and bought the P47B but didn't verify the price.  I thought it I seemed to spend a lot more than I planned but didn't catch it...  Is there any way to check the transactions after the fact?

Catch21 #6 Posted 12 November 2017 - 04:05 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 466 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

View PostCamoCladWarrior, on 12 November 2017 - 02:11 PM, said:

I saw this and bought the P47B but didn't verify the price.  I thought it I seemed to spend a lot more than I planned but didn't catch it...  Is there any way to check the transactions after the fact?

If you haven't logged out, it's in your session history at lower right in garage. If you have logged out, I don't think it''s saved locally, but WG has the history.

CamoCladWarrior #7 Posted 12 November 2017 - 05:49 PM

Master Sergeant

• 57 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostCatch21, on 12 November 2017 - 04:05 PM, said:

If you haven't logged out, it's in your session history at lower right in garage. If you have logged out, I don't think it''s saved locally, but WG has the history.

I know you can see it from the history on the bottom right but unfortunately I had already logged off.  Well we'll see if they fix it.  At this point doesn't really matter I don't play enough anymore for it to really make a difference.  I was planning to purchase that plane just before 2.0 hit and figured I'd take advantage of the 50% off now hoping they do something in the future to make the game more enjoyable...  :-)

Mercsn #8 Posted 12 November 2017 - 06:04 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 432 battles

I bought a new tier 6 plane listed at 899k.  it actually 629k or something like that.  It was definitely on sale when I actually bought it.  The price just isn't showing up as reduced in the tooltip before you buy it.  Be wary of when the event pricing ends, though.

The sky isn't falling, nothing to see here, move along.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

scrapking #9 Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:15 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 540 battles
  • [BLAR] BLAR

View PostMercsn, on 12 November 2017 - 06:04 PM, said:

I bought a new tier 6 plane listed at 899k.  it actually 629k or something like that.  It was definitely on sale when I actually bought it.  The price just isn't showing up as reduced in the tooltip before you buy it.  Be wary of when the event pricing ends, though.

​Last night the sale was not working correctly. Friday it was working correctly. I am guessing you bought your T6 on Friday. There is something to see here.

​I would have spoken up myself, but I had already purchased my planes & equipment... and I thought maybe I was misremembering when the event ended.

Catch21 #10 Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:54 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 466 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

View PostMercsn, on 12 November 2017 - 06:04 PM, said:

No, definitely something wrong, maybe between maintenance reset and daily doubles reset. Otherwise why would it not allow me to buy something because it was looking for the 100% price and I didn't have the silver (see my example- 1st pic @ top)?

Mercsn #11 Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:29 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 432 battles

View Postscrapking, on 12 November 2017 - 01:15 PM, said:

​Last night the sale was not working correctly. Friday it was working correctly. I am guessing you bought your T6 on Friday. There is something to see here.

​I would have spoken up myself, but I had already purchased my planes & equipment... and I thought maybe I was misremembering when the event ended.

No, I literally purchased it a few hours before my post here and am in USA. The event may have ended in some parts of the world? Or some issue with it requiring full credits and then discounting at purchase, a store issue?  All I know is, Saturday, NA time, I had the discount (athough I did have the full purchase price in creds available).

Moggytwo #12 Posted 13 November 2017 - 09:04 AM

Airman Basic

• 372 battles
I noticed that the prices it shows at purchase of the A/C do not show a discount symbol - they just show a standard credits display.  If you go to the specials page that list all the discounts you can see that it is the discounted price though.

Mercsn #13 Posted 13 November 2017 - 09:43 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 432 battles

Ok, here is apparently the situation.  I just tried to purchase the La-9.  It was showing a price of 2.4 mil credits.  I had 80k less than that.  The purchase button was greyed out.  I double checked that the sales event was still active.  It is, for 2 hours more.  So, I get the remaining 80k credits.  Then, with all 2.4 mil available, it allows me to purchase. AND....the purchase price, the amount of credits actually removed is:  2,048,500 credits.  So, yes, things were on sale as advertised...they just were not available for purchase unless you had all the funds available for the normal purchase amount.  So, it seems like either someone made a mistake in how they set it up, or there is some backend "store functionality" issue on how the game is able to handle adjustments to purchase prices.  I have been away for 3.5 years, so I have no idea what WG's recent past sales have behaved like.

Edit: added screenshot showing La-9 purchase price.  Note: this aircraft had its "purchase" button greyed out when I had 2,324,000 or so credits available and first tried to purchase.  Once I had all of the 2.4mil credits available the purchase button lit up and I was able to buy it for...the amount you see, just over 2mil and had the remaining 300k credits still in my balance.

Posted Image

It certainly is an odd way to do a sales event...requiring someone have the full purchase amount available in order to receive the discount.  Oh, wait.  That's how real life works, if you have more money, things are cheaper.  :facepalm:

I guess keep this in mind as a possibility for the next sales event and plan ahead accordingly with what you need to earn to acquire whatever items/planes/etc.

Edited by Mercsn, 13 November 2017 - 09:51 AM.

Bear_82 #14 Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:45 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 28 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostMercsn, on 13 November 2017 - 02:43 AM, said:

. . .  I have been away for 3.5 years, so I have no idea what WG's recent past sales have behaved like. . .

​planes has always had this issue with sales, that's why there were numerous replies in the various threads to clear cache; it's a display issue only, when it hits you need to have the credits for the full price, but are only charged the sale price

Catch21 #15 Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:56 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 466 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

Thanks for doing the test.

Over the weekend I bought 15 Tier 4 and 5 planes and kitted them all out. Plus Pilot Training.

From the initial Q here from Azanthriel on Saturday 11th, I checked a P-40 randomly and found WG's prices were fine (i.e. 50%)- that was also on Saturday 11th. But I had noticed silver running down at an unexpected rate of knots, and when I couldn't buy the US F4F Wildcat on Sunday 12th because the system wanted full price and I didn't have it, I knew something was wrong. So something changed from Saturday to Sunday on my system- and on Sunday the P-40 I checked Saturday and found OK also now wasn't (system now wanted 100% of purchase price).

The easiest way to confirm this is to ask WG to look at my purchase history for the weekend and make sure the right amounts of silver (i.e. everything @ 50% off) were being deducted. I'll put a ticket in and post results here (as I'm doing this I see WG are aware of this issue and suggest a temporary fix here).

Edited by Catch21, 13 November 2017 - 01:00 PM.

Catch21 #16 Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:25 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 466 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

View PostBear_82, on 13 November 2017 - 11:45 AM, said:

It's a display issue only, when it hits you need to have the credits for the full price, but are only charged the sale price.

This is correct. WG provided me a list of ALL my plane purchases over the weekend, so thanks to them for that. And the #s ACTUALLY deducted are OK, so the 50% discount was applied. It just didn't show as you went to purchase.

And if you did not have the full 100% price in silver it would not allow you to purchase, so this (allow with display issue) still a bug.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users