Guns Overheating at Different times

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

hoom #21 Posted 13 November 2017 - 09:02 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 693 battles

Block Quote

MGs have me spend too much time plinking and wearing HP down while Cannons just rip HP away.

Except the Cannon quickly overheat.

I feel the 6* 12.7mm on P-40 kills high health stuff quicker than anything else I've played in T5 other than Beaufighter & maybe the SE 100.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Chokai #22 Posted 13 November 2017 - 09:55 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 15 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostHazeGrayUnderway, on 13 November 2017 - 08:00 PM, said:

All I care about are guns that let me spend less time on target.  In general, MGs have me spend too much time plinking and wearing HP down while Cannons just rip HP away.  That is all I want because I've found as I've climbed up the tiers the time on target gets smaller and smaller.

MGs= more effective against a good player, less effective when you ARE a good player.

Cannons=more effective against noobs, less effective if you ARE a noob.

especially with anything over 23mm, muzzle velocity is slow and overheat is fast. A good player WILL avoid a lot of those. Universal ammo .50s will plonk that good player away while remaining up far more. 20mms require careful trigger control.

The (not so) amazing Chokai is back! And he's hit all his personal goals sans one! Seriously though, nice to be back, looks like he game is improving. I continue to try to recruit new people.

armydoc83 #23 Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:41 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 30 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
I've found that binding a key for heavy weapons helps out the best when you're playing as a GA or Yak-7 line with the heavy derp guns on them and are trying to snipe a plane with them. A human player is much less likely to evade drastically when there's an odd large tracer moving past him than he is when he's getting splattered with minimal damage MG fire. If you can get a 45 mm shot or 2 to line up, you'll be a lot more satisfied than if you just hold down the trigger and they weave around your heavy shots.

Edited by armydoc83, 13 November 2017 - 10:41 PM.

hoom #24 Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:37 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 693 battles

Block Quote

A human player is much less likely to evade drastically when there's an odd large tracer moving past him than he is when he's getting splattered with minimal damage MG fire.

Interesting point.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users