Strength of a Vet compensation not as advertised

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

D_Jackson531 #1 Posted 11 November 2017 - 05:28 PM

Airman Basic

• 433 battles

I see the "Strength of a Vet" mission advertised today on the website and say, cool, 3k xp for the plane I get a top 5 in battle points win in.  Awesome for grinding out a few planes I'm almost to (plus that x5 xp bonus for the weekend as well, good for the grind!)

I then run up a nice cricket score in my HE 112 (13k battle points!) and get back to the Hangar to unlock the FW 190 A-1, a plane I've been wanting.  I get it, but... in the results screen, I see it says I got, not 3k extra xp, but 25k bonus credits.  OK, cool, helps pay for the FW, but false advertising! 

It happens again when I run up a solid P40 match (6k battle points) and then again when I run my newly acquired P38F (10k battle points, stock beast plane!).  It stings a bit with the P38F, the 3k xp would have unlocked the rockets for me. 

It's a minor thing but hopefully it can be addressed, either by changing the event - or the post on the website. 

pyantoryng #2 Posted 11 November 2017 - 05:42 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles
Only believe what is in the game...I didn't even read the news before you posted this.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

D_Jackson531 #3 Posted 11 November 2017 - 07:51 PM

Airman Basic

• 433 battles

Unfortunate that the Warplanes news team is not as careful as the tanks one...but then again, the game was kinda tiny for a long time.  If it takes off now (ha) hopefully that will change.

Thanks for the response!

Mercsn #4 Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:46 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 432 battles

Back when, they used to have different specials for different regions.  Perhaps EU or RU got the xp bonus and that's just what got translated instead of somebody actually proofreading.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users