Help Me Understand Multi-roles

multi-role

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Heibges #21 Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 65 battles

I always thought MR was a bad idea, and they all should have been LF.

If they can't get 3 types of aircraft to interact with their proper roles, how did they expect 4 to work.

"If the Healer gets killed it's the Tank's fault.  If the Tank gets killed it's the Healer's fault.  If the DPS get killed it's their own fault." - various

pyantoryng #22 Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:00 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles

View PostHeibges, on 15 November 2017 - 07:40 PM, said:

I always thought MR was a bad idea, and they all should have been LF.

If they can't get 3 types of aircraft to interact with their proper roles, how did they expect 4 to work.

The carrier-based fighters were folded into fighters once...then the carrier-based fighters sign was renamed into multirole fighters much later...

Multirole fighters are just a permit for fighters to mount ordnance but prior to 2.0 they retain their nominal performance...and now a handicap is placed on them.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Anubis_TD #23 Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:09 PM

Senior Airman

• 540 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

I just don't get the need. 

The performance nerf was hardly necessary considering the Alt compression changes

also the mastery points seem to add unnecessary difficulty to the role in order to achieve max xp.

3-4 bars of  mastery in a light fighter isn't overly hard; but getting 3 bars seems a huge challenge in a Multi

All i know I would kill to have my J4M to be labelled either a fighter or a HF, rather than a Multi

vonluckner #24 Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:30 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 398 battles
  • [PLSGO] PLSGO

View PostAnubis_TD, on 15 November 2017 - 11:09 PM, said:

I just don't get the need. 

The performance nerf was hardly necessary considering the Alt compression changes

also the mastery points seem to add unnecessary difficulty to the role in order to achieve max xp.

3-4 bars of  mastery in a light fighter isn't overly hard; but getting 3 bars seems a huge challenge in a Multi

All i know I would kill to have my J4M to be labelled either a fighter or a HF, rather than a Multi

The mastery system grossly favors LFs, because they're the only class that doesn't require both Capture Points and Sectors Captured. In one-sided stomps, only LFs can get huge mastery because they can just sit on the cap closest to the enemy team and farm kills for both Defensive kills and Aerial kills- HFs and MRs only get Aerial kills or Defensive kills (respectively), and GA and Bombers get nothing.

It's really stupid since it means LFs gain much more average xp.

HazeGrayUnderway #25 Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:04 AM

Master Sergeant

• 742 battles

View Postvonluckner, on 15 November 2017 - 11:30 PM, said:

The mastery system grossly favors LFs, because they're the only class that doesn't require both Capture Points and Sectors Captured. In one-sided stomps, only LFs can get huge mastery because they can just sit on the cap closest to the enemy team and farm kills for both Defensive kills and Aerial kills- HFs and MRs only get Aerial kills or Defensive kills (respectively), and GA and Bombers get nothing.

It's really stupid since it means LFs gain much more average xp.

Hey man!  I just fought you earlier today!  I was in a NC 1070 attacking your IL-20 head on.  Forgot those things had rockets and you reminded me!

pyantoryng #26 Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:02 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles

You can't have Vulcan in a light fighter...or a heavy fighter...or an attack aircraft...or a bomber...the classic one-gamer

Spoiler

Multirole fighters are more like fighters with novel ideas slapped on them in later tiers...the Su-9 to the Alekseyev prototypes specialize on massive armaments, while the Blohm und Voss are full-time R4M tosser and getting revolver cannons one tier earlier as a fighter...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

StoptheViolins #27 Posted 16 November 2017 - 02:52 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 621 battles
I just don't like the artificial altitude hindrance.  The general poor maneuverability is enough.

HazeGrayUnderway #28 Posted 17 November 2017 - 01:05 AM

Master Sergeant

• 742 battles

View Postpyantoryng, on 16 November 2017 - 12:02 PM, said:

You can't have Vulcan in a light fighter...or a heavy fighter...or an attack aircraft...or a bomber...the classic one-gamer

Spoiler

Multirole fighters are more like fighters with novel ideas slapped on them in later tiers...the Su-9 to the Alekseyev prototypes specialize on massive armaments, while the Blohm und Voss are full-time R4M tosser and getting revolver cannons one tier earlier as a fighter...

Unfortunately F-94D is a Tier IX and we are left with 7 prior tiers of very mediocre planes.  Even Tier VIII F2G "Super" Corsair looks underwhelming and the Stock Tier VIII Spitfire XIV will eat her up.  I mean, I've been playing a lot of Stock Spitfires and you can mow through people so quickly and rack up so many points, it's just comedic.  There's just nothing Corsair can do because sooner or later, it's going to have to come and play inside the cap where the light fighters will devour the multirole.

The_Chiv #29 Posted 17 November 2017 - 06:32 AM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 573 battles

Multi-role planes may seem weak or wonky in comparison to some of their pure fighter cousins but in higher tiers, they can be the difference between a win or a defeat. Having the ability to take out AA defense to allow your teams' fighters and attack planes the ability to get in there and wreak the base to cap it is not only helpful, its one of the main ways you win those matches.

If you look at the german line of fw190's you get bombs and rockets that will allow you to kill 2-3 aa placements before running out of the ordinance. This combined with fighters clearing air defense cover will pretty much assure you capture the point in a timely manner. Later on in the BV series, they become a heavy/attack killer with their air rockets that just nuke anything trying to make a head to head charge.

The American line has 2 branches, which can be summed up as follows. Bunch of 50 cals, armor, zone attacker or quad cannons more maneuverable zone defender. 

The Russian Line, also takes a very interesting role that eventually leads to a flying tank that is good at single shot killing any target on the ground.

Below is a video I have done on the subject. 

Also tagged with multi-role

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users